HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson Countdown

Old
03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
JackJohnsonFan*

vCash: 500
Jack Johnson Countdown

2 weeks left.

1 goal, 2 assists in tonight's victory. Was robbed 2 other times.

Get ready.

JackJohnsonFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:15 AM
King Blazer

Of course if Michigan does advance past the Regionals, there will be no chance for JMFJ with the Kings this season. Just sayin'...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:22 AM
KINGS FAN77

Do you guys really think he will play for the Kings next year? I have not followed up on him much, so I don't know. I know about the last 9 game thing, but will he return?

KINGS FAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:22 AM
LombardiTool

Watched the game tonight. Michigan looked very good. They may not beat Mich State or ND but I still think they may get into the NCAA tournament.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Watched the game tonight. Michigan looked very good. They may not beat Mich State or ND but I still think they may get into the NCAA tournament.
The last time the Regionals were hosted in Manchester (2004), the committee sent Michigan here for the tournament. BC, Michigan, UNH and Niagra were the teams here that season. I wouldn't mind seeing a BC-Michigan match-up here in a couple of weeks...

Old
03-11-2007, 12:43 AM
CBGB

Now that Kopitar is out for another week, Kings tickets are being given away on ebay and criagslist.... absolutely ZERO reason to go.

Edmonton? Why?
Chicago? Why?

Now Jack MF Johnson....

THAT'S a reason to go!!!!

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
jeffreyaa

Amen. Why did I pick the bulk of my tix at the end of the season?!?! Please, JMFJ- give us something to cheer about!

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Street Hawk

Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa View Post
Amen. Why did I pick the bulk of my tix at the end of the season?!?! Please, JMFJ- give us something to cheer about!
You have to wait until Johnson's season is complete with the Wolverines first. He can't hire an agent until the season is over, otherwise, he'll lose his eligibility. Once he hires an agent, that will end his Michigan hockey career. So, that's really the news Kings fans should be waiting for.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 01:29 AM
JackJohnsonFan*

As I've said countless times, the worst case scenario is he plays next season. He will NOT be returning to Michigan in the fall.

The money is on us seeing him in a Kings uniform this season....

In about 14 days.

Old
03-11-2007, 08:28 AM
MHNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
You have to wait until Johnson's season is complete with the Wolverines first. He can't hire an agent until the season is over, otherwise, he'll lose his eligibility. Once he hires an agent, that will end his Michigan hockey career. So, that's really the news Kings fans should be waiting for.
He can't "hire" an agent, but he already has a "family advisor," which is essentially an unpaid agent who will be his agent once he turns pro. Just about all top players in college have them. The only news you have to wait for is word from the Man himself.

MHNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Now that Kopitar is out for another week, Kings tickets are being given away on ebay and criagslist.... absolutely ZERO reason to go.

Edmonton? Why?
Chicago? Why?

Now Jack MF Johnson....

THAT'S a reason to go!!!!
Agreed 100%. For that I would take back everything I said, and to hell with how worse things could get

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJohnsonFan View Post
As I've said countless times, the worst case scenario is he plays next season. He will NOT be returning to Michigan in the fall.

The money is on us seeing him in a Kings uniform this season....

In about 14 days.
So what does he think about all the hype or the thread on LGK about him? The you tube video's? I think it's been linked over here already.

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
King Blazer

IF JMFJ leaves Michingan this season, maybe the Kings will send him to Manchester for the remainder of the Monarchs season and the AHL playoffs...

Old
03-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
IF JMFJ leaves Michingan this season, maybe the Kings will send him to Manchester for the remainder of the Monarchs season and the AHL playoffs...
With the $$$ it will take to sign this guy?

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
With the $$$ it will take to sign this guy?
It's not going to take "a lot" of money to sign him. ALL the limits, including his signing bonus and incentives are going to be at the rookie max. for the entry level system (2-way) but even at that, it's not like it used to be with the huge signing bonuses and such...

If Michigan loses in the Regionals, BEST case scenario is that he plays 6-games (2 at home) with the Kings this season. IF Michigan makes it to the Frozen Four, NO games with the Kings...

Really no reason for the Kings not to send him to Mancehster later this season IF he leaves Michigan early...

Last edited by King Blazer: 03-11-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Dude, JJ Fan...

What number should I get for my JMFJ vintage Kings jersey?

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 02:43 PM
deano

Sending him into a playoff hockey experience seems like the only logical choice. What a waste to send him to the Kings for a few games to finish up a losing season. The guy is a big game player, why not have him be a terror on the Monarch blue line in the playoffs.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 02:47 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Kill Jack! Kill!

When he's ready, bring him over. That's all I have to say.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Osprey

Quote:
AThe money is on us seeing him in a Kings uniform this season....

In about 14 days.
We all appreciate your updates and enthusiasm, but I don't believe that you have enough information to say that he'll join the Kings this season. You may know what Jack wants to do, but you probably don't know what management wants to do. You may well be getting people's hopes up for nothing. Personally, I'd put my money on him joining the Monarchs.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 05:27 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
We all appreciate your updates and enthusiasm, but I don't believe that you have enough information to say that he'll join the Kings this season. You may know what Jack wants to do, but you probably don't know what management wants to do. You may well be getting people's hopes up for nothing. Personally, I'd put my money on him joining the Monarchs.
Exactly. The Monarchs are headed to the playoffs and that would be good experience for Johnson in addition to providing a glimpse of professional play.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Raptor

All of you who think JMFJ should come to the Kings right now are out of your mind. What's the point in coming to the second-to-last team in the NHL for the last 8-7 games? And he's going to be good and put us on top of Phoenix which would hurt our #1 pick chances.
Let the guy play in the toughest games of the college season and gain valuable experience.

Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Since these games won't matter, I don't think it'd be smart for JJ to join the Kings this season. If he does that, and then only plays like 15 games next season(maybe he struggles, or needs seasoning in the minors), then he's no longer Calder eligible. Now, trophies don't matter a whole lot, but I'd say the Calder matters more than the rest of these games for the Kings. Best plan for him IMO, should he actually sign with them right after this year, is to go to Manchester and play in the playoffs. It sure as hell helped guys like Carter and Richards out in their development.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
JackJohnsonFan*

Those questioning my closeness to the situation will be proven wrong, but I hold no ill feelings because this is the internet and it would be simple to lie about such matters.

Have you read or heard ANYWHERE that he is targeting #78, and assuming the team lets him, that is the number he will choose? In the end, the team will either let him have it or, at the very least, it will be public that he requested it. It is a rather obscure number, and when this comes to light, maybe a few more of you will be convinced.

You're Right: I can't speak for the Kings management. I do know that they've stated their intentions to accomodate Jack as he sees fit, and that it is his intention to play in the NHL at the end of this season. I would put it at 90% that he plays for the Kings THIS SEASON, and as I've said, it is already 100% that he will not be returning to UM. At the very least, he will be a King next year.

Time will tell. I know what I know, and have tried to make you aware of these facts. Those skeptical or hesitant to accept my updates will discover their validity sooner rather than later.

Old
03-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

The Kings would rather have Jack Johnson get a taste of NHL Hockey before sending him down to Manchester to play for the AHL for the playoffs.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Osprey

Quote:
You're Right: I can't speak for the Kings management. I do know that they've stated their intentions to accomodate Jack as he sees fit, and that it is his intention to play in the NHL at the end of this season.
What you're not taking into consideration is the CBA. From my reading of the document, if Jack plays even 1 game as a King, it'll count as the first year of his entry level contract. That means that he'll be an RFA and asking for a huge raise in 2 years instead of 3. It's not 10 games, as people often bring up. That's only for 18 and 19-year-olds; Jack is 20. It'd be very foolish to bring him to the Kings this season, IMO. It doesn't matter what he wants or what the team would prefer. The constraints of the CBA (i.e. business factors) usually trump both.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote