HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames need a centermen, Perreault?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2003, 07:01 AM
  #1
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Flames need a centermen, Perreault?

I have heard that the Flames are in need of a good 2nd line center who can take faceoffs. Perreault has been pretty useless to the Habs of late being put on the bottom 2 lines and such and he probly isn't to happy, so why not try and deal him to the flames. He would easily make atleast the second line. The Flames need a good center so would probly be willing to trade more then most teams would for Perreault. So what do ya think, a possibility?

eddy is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:03 AM
  #2
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,423
vCash: 500
The flames wouldn't want to bring on that size of contract, even if they were interested.

Also, don't see Perreault being a Sutter favorite, so......

Darz is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:23 AM
  #3
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Don't take your dream for reality... As I always said Perreault does have AHLer skills and his lazzyness make him useless for a team!

Untradable crap!
Well he is the best face-off man in the league and scores 20+ goals a season so I wouldn't say he's usless.

eddy is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:24 AM
  #4
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,932
vCash: 500
even if they were interested, what could we have in return, package deal maybe?

Maxpac is online now  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:25 AM
  #5
FTK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Longueuil
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Don't take your dream for reality... As I always said Perreault does have AHLer skills and his lazzyness make him useless for a team!

Untradable crap!
J'pense que tu devrais laisser tomber le hockey pis te concentrer sur la ringuette....Ça t'éviterait de dire des stupidités de la sorte.

FTK is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:26 AM
  #6
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
You also have to consider they have 4 centers injured Reinprecht, Conroy, Betts And Yelle injured last night. So there probly pretty desperate, possibly if we took a chunk of salary?

eddy is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:27 AM
  #7
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
J'pense que tu devrais laisser tomber le hockey pis te concentrer sur la ringuette....Ça t'éviterait de dire des stupidités de la sorte.

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:30 AM
  #8
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
You also have to consider they have 4 centers injured Reinprecht, Conroy, Betts And Yelle injured last night. So there probly pretty desperate, possibly if we took a chunk of salary?
For sure we could have to eat part of is salary, but in return we could grab them a low level prospect or a draft pick. Its not as dark as some think. I think BG will try to move him, CJ use Kilger in the last minute of the game agains the Ranger, I think he start to be really feed up with is inapt defensive game...
Do you know any interresting prospect or project the Flames have in bank?

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
  #9
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
I think Perrault is a guy who is underrated around here, in terms of trade value anyway. Despite his lack of speed and defensive shortcomings, he's still the best face-off man in the league and a perrennial 20-25 goal scorer, which is becoming a rarity in the NHL right now.

Habber is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 07:53 AM
  #10
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Habber, while I don't disagree, I think it's time that we had someone else devlop into Perreault's role. I'm not a big fan of his game, but he did a lot for the team while Koivu was undergoing treatment. Calgary could be interested in that it is the last year of his contract. We wouldn't really get much in return, but we'd see a young player sooner rather than later.

mcphee is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 08:09 AM
  #11
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 500
Everyone forgets one tiny fact:

Perrault has a no trade clause.

He's not going anywhere, so forget about it.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 08:33 AM
  #12
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Everyone forgets one tiny fact:

Perrault has a no trade clause.

He's not going anywhere, so forget about it.
Perreault has also made statements that while he'll do what it takes to help the team, he isn't particularly fond of getting third or fourth line minutes. And that's what he's been getting unless he's played out of position. It's clear that right now this team doesn't have room for him to center anything more than the fourth line, and given the fact that he's in his last year of a contract, he might be willing to go elsewhere in order to showcase his talents.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
  #13
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Could Philly also be a possiblity?

From Spectors Trade Rumours
FLYERS SHOPPING FOR CENTRES?

TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: suggests the Philadelphia Flyers might be in the market for a centre. With Claude Lapointe out indefinitely for treatment of substance abuse, the Flyers are down to three regular wingers, and have met with little success using Mark Recchi, Simon Gagne and Eric Chouinard at centre.

Spector's Note: What's that I see in the near future? Could it be "Mike Comrie to Philly" trade speculations?

eddy is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:13 AM
  #14
caper13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: cape breton nova scotia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
the game last night between tampa and sens one of the announcers said that one of the teams needed a good faceoff man but i cant remember what team it was .

caper13 is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:16 AM
  #15
doc lafleur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Would they trade Graton to the Flames for a pick?

doc lafleur is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:17 AM
  #16
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Everyone forgets one tiny fact:

Perrault has a no trade clause.

He's not going anywhere, so forget about it.
Are you sure about that? I heard somewhere that is non-trade clause was not for the last year of is contract.

I hope they never do that again, non-trade clause are killer. Most of the player use those clause to float around knowing they are not going anywhere...

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:25 AM
  #17
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Don't take your dream for reality... As I always said Perreault does have AHLer skills and his lazzyness make him useless for a team!

Untradable crap!
no ?
you 've always said that he didn't have the skill to crack the AHL ...

by the way , when Perreault signed with the Canadians , he did it at a lower price than an other offer he receive , so the canadians were not the only one to want him ....

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
  #18
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
Would they trade Graton to the Flames for a pick?
Possibly, but Gratton supposing we wanted to trade him might actually be a better fit in Philly as Lapointe who is out indefinetly was there 4th liner I believe and Gratton could fill a 4th line center role in the NHL, IMO.

eddy is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:28 AM
  #19
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
Are you sure about that? I heard somewhere that is non-trade clause was not for the last year of is contract.

I hope they never do that again, non-trade clause are killer. Most of the player use those clause to float around knowing they are not going anywhere...
you are right , it was for the first 2 years of his contract , so this year the team could trade him .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:34 AM
  #20
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
you are right , it was for the first 2 years of his contract , so this year the team could trade him .
At least it prove my brain is not entierly dead yet...

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:48 AM
  #21
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
At least it prove my brain is not entierly dead yet...
No, it is in effect this year. Bob McKenzie had a big rant about why Perrault will likely not be traded, his no trade clause being the reason.

Also, Perrault certainly wouldn't want to go to a small market team like Calgary. Perhaps a cup contender, but not Calgary.

He's staying.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:49 AM
  #22
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Perreault has also made statements that while he'll do what it takes to help the team, he isn't particularly fond of getting third or fourth line minutes. And that's what he's been getting unless he's played out of position. It's clear that right now this team doesn't have room for him to center anything more than the fourth line, and given the fact that he's in his last year of a contract, he might be willing to go elsewhere in order to showcase his talents.
Certainly it is a possible, but it won't be a team like Calgary.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:54 AM
  #23
Garnet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Perrault

Yanic signed a three year deal and the first two years he had a no trade clause. Yanic can be traded this year as its his final year of the contract. Just like after this year Brisebois's no trade clause expirers.

Garnet is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 09:57 AM
  #24
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Certainly it is a possible, but it won't be a team like Calgary.
Who knows? With Conroy, Reinprecht and Betts out, who does Calgary have to center Iginla? Perreault might see this as a good opportunity to bloat his offensive stats, and get a lot of ice time, then sign a decent deal in the offseason again.

I can't imagine he's too happy playing fourth line in Montreal. He might just get desperate enough to want another opportunity at playing on a scoring line.

I don't think Calgary would get desperate enough to take him mind you, but it's all a possibility, at least.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
  #25
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
For sure we could have to eat part of is salary, but in return we could grab them a low level prospect or a draft pick. Its not as dark as some think. I think BG will try to move him, CJ use Kilger in the last minute of the game agains the Ranger, I think he start to be really feed up with is inapt defensive game...
Do you know any interresting prospect or project the Flames have in bank?

Maybe a guy like Robert Dome, I watched him last year and while he's been all but written off he had a good season in the AHL and he's a nifty forward. I don't think he's high on the Flames list... then a pick would be fine if it would shed the team of Perrault.

JohnnyB11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.