HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames need a centermen, Perreault?

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 07:01 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
Flames need a centermen, Perreault?

I have heard that the Flames are in need of a good 2nd line center who can take faceoffs. Perreault has been pretty useless to the Habs of late being put on the bottom 2 lines and such and he probly isn't to happy, so why not try and deal him to the flames. He would easily make atleast the second line. The Flames need a good center so would probly be willing to trade more then most teams would for Perreault. So what do ya think, a possibility?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Darz

The flames wouldn't want to bring on that size of contract, even if they were interested.

Also, don't see Perreault being a Sutter favorite, so......

Old
12-12-2003, 07:23 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Don't take your dream for reality... As I always said Perreault does have AHLer skills and his lazzyness make him useless for a team!

Untradable crap!
Well he is the best face-off man in the league and scores 20+ goals a season so I wouldn't say he's usless.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Maxpac

even if they were interested, what could we have in return, package deal maybe?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:25 AM
FTK

Quote:
Don't take your dream for reality... As I always said Perreault does have AHLer skills and his lazzyness make him useless for a team!

Untradable crap!
J'pense que tu devrais laisser tomber le hockey pis te concentrer sur la ringuette....Ça t'éviterait de dire des stupidités de la sorte.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:26 AM
eddy

You also have to consider they have 4 centers injured Reinprecht, Conroy, Betts And Yelle injured last night. So there probly pretty desperate, possibly if we took a chunk of salary?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
J'pense que tu devrais laisser tomber le hockey pis te concentrer sur la ringuette....Ça t'éviterait de dire des stupidités de la sorte.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
You also have to consider they have 4 centers injured Reinprecht, Conroy, Betts And Yelle injured last night. So there probly pretty desperate, possibly if we took a chunk of salary?
For sure we could have to eat part of is salary, but in return we could grab them a low level prospect or a draft pick. Its not as dark as some think. I think BG will try to move him, CJ use Kilger in the last minute of the game agains the Ranger, I think he start to be really feed up with is inapt defensive game...
Do you know any interresting prospect or project the Flames have in bank?

Old
12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Habber

I think Perrault is a guy who is underrated around here, in terms of trade value anyway. Despite his lack of speed and defensive shortcomings, he's still the best face-off man in the league and a perrennial 20-25 goal scorer, which is becoming a rarity in the NHL right now.

Old
12-12-2003, 07:53 AM
mcphee

Habber, while I don't disagree, I think it's time that we had someone else devlop into Perreault's role. I'm not a big fan of his game, but he did a lot for the team while Koivu was undergoing treatment. Calgary could be interested in that it is the last year of his contract. We wouldn't really get much in return, but we'd see a young player sooner rather than later.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Habs

Everyone forgets one tiny fact:

Perrault has a no trade clause.

He's not going anywhere, so forget about it.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

Perreault has also made statements that while he'll do what it takes to help the team, he isn't particularly fond of getting third or fourth line minutes. And that's what he's been getting unless he's played out of position. It's clear that right now this team doesn't have room for him to center anything more than the fourth line, and given the fact that he's in his last year of a contract, he might be willing to go elsewhere in order to showcase his talents.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
eddy

Could Philly also be a possiblity?

From Spectors Trade Rumours
FLYERS SHOPPING FOR CENTRES?

TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: suggests the Philadelphia Flyers might be in the market for a centre. With Claude Lapointe out indefinitely for treatment of substance abuse, the Flyers are down to three regular wingers, and have met with little success using Mark Recchi, Simon Gagne and Eric Chouinard at centre.

Spector's Note: What's that I see in the near future? Could it be "Mike Comrie to Philly" trade speculations?

Old
12-12-2003, 09:13 AM
caper13

the game last night between tampa and sens one of the announcers said that one of the teams needed a good faceoff man but i cant remember what team it was .

Old
12-12-2003, 09:16 AM
doc lafleur

Would they trade Graton to the Flames for a pick?

Old
12-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:

Are you sure about that? I heard somewhere that is non-trade clause was not for the last year of is contract.

I hope they never do that again, non-trade clause are killer. Most of the player use those clause to float around knowing they are not going anywhere...

Old
12-12-2003, 09:25 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

Untradable crap!
no ?
you 've always said that he didn't have the skill to crack the AHL ...

by the way , when Perreault signed with the Canadians , he did it at a lower price than an other offer he receive , so the canadians were not the only one to want him ....

Old
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
Would they trade Graton to the Flames for a pick?
Possibly, but Gratton supposing we wanted to trade him might actually be a better fit in Philly as Lapointe who is out indefinetly was there 4th liner I believe and Gratton could fill a 4th line center role in the NHL, IMO.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:28 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
Are you sure about that? I heard somewhere that is non-trade clause was not for the last year of is contract.

I hope they never do that again, non-trade clause are killer. Most of the player use those clause to float around knowing they are not going anywhere...
you are right , it was for the first 2 years of his contract , so this year the team could trade him .

Old
12-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
you are right , it was for the first 2 years of his contract , so this year the team could trade him .
At least it prove my brain is not entierly dead yet...

Old
12-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Habs

Quote:
At least it prove my brain is not entierly dead yet...
No, it is in effect this year. Bob McKenzie had a big rant about why Perrault will likely not be traded, his no trade clause being the reason.

Also, Perrault certainly wouldn't want to go to a small market team like Calgary. Perhaps a cup contender, but not Calgary.

He's staying.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Perreault has also made statements that while he'll do what it takes to help the team, he isn't particularly fond of getting third or fourth line minutes. And that's what he's been getting unless he's played out of position. It's clear that right now this team doesn't have room for him to center anything more than the fourth line, and given the fact that he's in his last year of a contract, he might be willing to go elsewhere in order to showcase his talents.
Certainly it is a possible, but it won't be a team like Calgary.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Garnet

Perrault

Yanic signed a three year deal and the first two years he had a no trade clause. Yanic can be traded this year as its his final year of the contract. Just like after this year Brisebois's no trade clause expirers.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Certainly it is a possible, but it won't be a team like Calgary.
Who knows? With Conroy, Reinprecht and Betts out, who does Calgary have to center Iginla? Perreault might see this as a good opportunity to bloat his offensive stats, and get a lot of ice time, then sign a decent deal in the offseason again.

I can't imagine he's too happy playing fourth line in Montreal. He might just get desperate enough to want another opportunity at playing on a scoring line.

I don't think Calgary would get desperate enough to take him mind you, but it's all a possibility, at least.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
For sure we could have to eat part of is salary, but in return we could grab them a low level prospect or a draft pick. Its not as dark as some think. I think BG will try to move him, CJ use Kilger in the last minute of the game agains the Ranger, I think he start to be really feed up with is inapt defensive game...
Do you know any interresting prospect or project the Flames have in bank?

Maybe a guy like Robert Dome, I watched him last year and while he's been all but written off he had a good season in the AHL and he's a nifty forward. I don't think he's high on the Flames list... then a pick would be fine if it would shed the team of Perrault.

Closed Thread