HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

03/11 - Kings vs Stars @ American Airlines Center

Old
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
sueroe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Cammalleri 1st NHL season (injured)...

Cammalleri jumped between the NHL and AHL for his first two professional seasons and spent the lockout season, his 3rd as a professional in Manchester as well...

Looks as though the time Cammalleri spent in the AHL might have been beneficial for his development...

Seriously dude, what's the problem with suggesting that maybe O'Sullivan might be on the same development track as Cammalleri?
from what i read from some (not saying you), there is a difference from bashing someone especially just starting out first season (and not a full one at that) and offering constructive feedback about a players development. it gets draining to read. just my opinion!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
from what i read from some (not saying you), there is a difference from bashing someone especially just starting out first season (and not a full one at that) and offering constructive feedback about a players development. it gets draining to read. just my opinion!
My though[s] on O'Sullivan are that the Kings mishandled him in the pre-season by holding him out of the prospects and rookies stuff. They gave him a false sense of accomplishment and entitlement. In other words, they gave him every reason to believe he'd made it before he ever skated in the Kings' organization...

They corrected the false sense of entitlement somewhat when they eventually sent him to Manchester. After some adjustment time in Manchester, he appeared to accept that he needed to do it (play) their way. He made adjustments and was playing their game. Result, he's brought back to the NHL...

I'm not seeing the all out every shift dedication a player in his situation needs to demonstrate to retain a job in he NHL. I'm just not seeing that. Watch TK, Thornton, Willsie, Lundmark and then watch O'Sullivan. Not very good in terms of effort. His lack scoring aside and it's really irrelevant to me at this point, he just doesn't play with the work ethic of a guy who needs to prove he's worthy of a job in the NHL...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Cammalleri 1st NHL season (injured)...

Cammalleri jumped between the NHL and AHL for his first two professional seasons and spent the lockout season, his 3rd as a professional in Manchester as well...

Looks as though the time Cammalleri spent in the AHL might have been beneficial for his development...

Seriously dude, what's the problem with suggesting that maybe O'Sullivan might be on the same development track as Cammalleri?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cammalleri's problem similar to O'Sullivan's in that he lacked in puck pursuit intensity. It wasn't until Cammalleri started working harder in the corners and such that Murray gave him more playing time. O'Sullivan's starting to battle it out for pucks more now, which I think is a good sign.

I definitely agree that the lockout season was instrumental in Cammalleri's development. I wonder if having O'Sullivan spend much of next season in Manchester isn't such a bad idea, unless, of course, he shows he deserves to be on the Kings this final month and next training camp.

EDIT: In response to your above post KB, I get what you're saying there. It's almost like men's league hockey where you really only try when you have the puck, or when you're team has a chance at a rush. O'Sullivan needs to start pushing himself more out there. Like I said above, I feel he's starting to battle more, but he obviously can improve a great deal.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
sueroe

Quote:
My though[s] on O'Sullivan are that the Kings mishandled him in the pre-season by holding him out of the prospects and rookies stuff. They gave him a false sense of accomplishment and entitlement. In other words, they gave him every reason to believe he'd made it before he ever skated in the Kings' organization...

They corrected the false sense of entitlement somewhat when they eventually sent him to Manchester. After some adjustment time in Manchester, he appeared to accept that he needed to do it (play) their way. He made adjustments and was playing their game. Result, he's brought back to the NHL...

I'm not seeing the all out every shift dedication a player in his situation needs to demonstrate to retain a job in he NHL. I'm just not seeing that. Watch TK, Thornton, Willsie, Lundmark and then watch O'Sullivan. Not very good in terms of effort. His lack scoring aside and it's really irrelevant to me at this point, he just doesn't play with the work ethic of a guy who needs to prove he's worthy of a job in the NHL...
i do agree with you on a lot of this stuff. i had a major problem with him being left out of the prospects stuff as well. I also think they probably kept him up too long in the first place with the kings the first go around as well, but over the last four or five games i have seen him demonstrate more commitment out there on his shifts, definitely earning a few more points too, but no it is not consistent from game to game, which i think is to be expected. I don't have a problem at all if he has to take a few trips to manchester for his development.

Old
03-11-2007, 09:40 PM
WoohooKINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Michael Cammalleri 02-03: 28 GP 5 G 3 A 8 PTS (1st NHL season)

Patrick O'Sullivan 06-07: 31 GP 3 G 5 A 8 PTS (1st NHL season)

Seriously dude, chill out about O'Sullivan. Can we at least give the kid a few years to learn how to play in the NHL? Not every rookie coming in can be a Malkin, Kopitar, Stastny, or Staal. Some take time to develop, just like the Kings' leading scorer this year. I take it you supported the "Cammalleri + a pick" campaign the past several years. I think a good vocab word of the day would be 'patience.' Will O'Sullivan turn out to be a top-six winger? Who knows? But now is not the time to write him off.
Why are you so defensive towards Zzzully? Hey, im all for it for him developing but there are other people who may be more deserving. Unlike most of you guys I don't have the luxury to watch the Kings play over the years since my weeks consist of 7 days a week or being deployed. Of course he's not a Kopitar like I said before. That's a dime a dozen. Cammelleri....... hmmmm my answer is N/A. It's hard for me to follow hockey back then. The season is over and maybe this is his chance to see what he can do.. Maybe's he's being misused but I can't answer that. I'm not the coach. I just really don't see him doing much to make him deserve to be in the NHL right now.
Also, I know sometimes points don't justify how good a player is. There are other people out there you know.

WoohooKINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
i do agree with you on a lot of this stuff. i had a major problem with him being left out of the prospects stuff as well. I also think they probably kept him up too long in the first place with the kings the first go around as well, but over the last four or five games i have seen him demonstrate more commitment out there on his shifts, definitely earning a few more points too, but no it is not consistent from game to game, which i think is to be expected. I don't have a problem at all if he has to take a few trips to manchester for his development.
What I keep coming away from games with is the thought that he's going through the motions of going down low BUT he's not going there to battle and win pucks. He's going there because he "has" to as opposed to going there because he "wants" to...

Old
03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
sueroe

Quote:
What I keep coming away from games with is the thought that he's going through the motions of going down low BUT he's not going there to battle and win pucks. He's going there because he "has" to as opposed to going there because he "wants" to...
perhaps. i am not so sure if it is that he doesn't have the desire, because i think the desire to succeed is strong. It is probably something he hasn't had to do consistently at any other level, which makes him have to think about it-definitely does not come naturally!

Old
03-11-2007, 11:20 PM
riseandfall9

Does someone want to remind me what Prospect things O'Sullivan was left out of ? He went through the whole Camp. He played all the rookie games. Including the in house one. And he played at Frozen Fury. He was @ prospect camp doing everything that Kopitar was doing and everyone else.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:29 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Does someone want to remind me what Prospect things O'Sullivan was left out of ? He went through the whole Camp. He played all the rookie games. Including the in house one. And he played at Frozen Fury. He was @ prospect camp doing everything that Kopitar was doing and everyone else.
O'Sullivan wasn't in the Rookie Tournament:

Gauthier, Gabe C 5-9 200 Denver University (WCHA) 1/120/84
Greenan, Chad D 6-2 193 Kootenay (WHL) 11/11/87
Harrold, Peter D 5-11 195 Boston College 6/8/83
Hogeboom, Greg RW 6-0 190 Manchester (AHL) 9/26/82 Reading (ECHL)
Holloway, Bud C 6-0 190 Seattle (WHL) 3/1/88
Kopitar, Bud C 6-4 220 Sodertalje (SEL) 8/24/87
Korchinski, Chris C 6-0 185 Yorkton (SJHL) 10/1/85
Lewis, Trevor C 6-1 192 Des Moines (USHL) 1/8/87
Lukacevic, Ned LW 6-0 185 Swift Current (WHL) 2/11/86
McGinnis, Ryan D 6-1 197 Plymouth (OHL) 3/3/87
McLaren, Fraser LW 6-4 225 Portland (WHL) 10/29/87
Meckler, David C 6-0 184 Yale (ECAC) 7/9/87
Mormina, Joey D 6-6 220 Manchester (AHL) 6/29/82
Murphy, Ryan RW 5-11 185 Manchester (AHL) 1/23/83
Petiot, Richard D 6-2 190 KINGS 2/12/85 Manchester (AHL)
Pushkarev, Konstantin RW 6-0 180 KINGS 2/12/85
Roussin, Dany LW 6-1 190 Manchester (AHL) 1/9/85 Reading (ECHL)
Ryan, Joe D 6-1 189 Quebec (QMJHL) 10/19/87
Schira, Craig D 5-11 185 Regina (WHL) 4/21/88
Seymour, John LW 6-3 176 Brampton (OHL) 6/16/87
Stephenson, Shay C 6-4 200 Manchester (AHL) 9/13/83 Reading (ECHL)
Tukonen, Lauri RW 6-2 200 Manchester (AHL) 9/1/86
Werner, Eric D 5-10 185 Manchester (AHL) 1/26/83

Bernier, Jonathan G 5-11 177 Lewiston (QMJHL) 8/7/88
Fukufuji, Yutaka G 6-1 180 Manchester (AHL) 9/17/1982 Reading (ECHL)
Taylor, Daniel G 5-11 179 Kingston (OHL) 4/28/86

It wasn't discussed here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=283322

Old
03-11-2007, 11:32 PM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
yes, to clarify he did attend prospect camp and then they held him out of the rookie tournament, which was what we were referring to.

Old
03-12-2007, 12:38 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Next time Albi, don't make me patch together a GDT - I had to do it before taking the kid to Disneyland (and missing the game).

Gauthier wore #37, not #28 as reported in the other thread? When are the ******** going to stop making changes without proper notifications?

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote