HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this the Bizzaro world we're living in...?

Old
03-09-2007, 06:26 AM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Is this the Bizzaro world we're living in...?

Just thinking....Dubi looking good, Jessiman showing improvement, Mara appears to be better than we thought, and we are now officially in the 8th spot and playing excellent hockey with some of our BEST PLAYERS out with injury....Who'd have thought it..?

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Angels for Everyone

and Sean Avery's on the #1 line!...

Angels for Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:29 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar Pharazon View Post
and Sean Avery's on the #1 line!...
I hope he stays! hes awesome!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:33 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Just thinking....Dubi looking good, Jessiman showing improvement, Mara appears to be better than we thought, and we are now officially in the 8th spot and playing excellent hockey with some of our BEST PLAYERS out with injury....Who'd have thought it..?
Sure seems like it, doesn't it? I'm liking this bizarro world so far

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:46 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I hope he stays! hes awesome!
Not on the first line, but yes, I hope he stays.

03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

wow

I have to say I am surprised at this point.

Guys are stepping up all over the place. I was hoping for at least a point or 2 out of the Islander H&H, but 4? I didn't think that was realistic to hope for.

What we have got to avoid now is the "letdown". It would be great to get a point or more from the Pens, but we must, MUST beat the Canes on Sunday.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
What's really nice is being able to reach down to Hartfod for help when injuries hit the big club.

I'd like to see Liffiton play one game this weekend. Play him in Pock's place.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What's really nice is being able to reach down to Hartfod for help when injuries hit the big club.
I totally agree, Wheresbarnaby and I were talking about that last night.For so long I have been iffy about filling a roster spot with call up's from hartford, but I havent had any complaints this season with anyone who was called up thus far,and I hope its only going to get better.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

I'd like to see Liffiton play one game this weekend. Play him in Pock's place.
Its what we were all hoping for a couple seasons ago singn. A stronger organization with the talent and resources to keep the big team competitive through injuries and such. It looks like the system is definitely pointed in the right direction.

I'd also like to see Liffiton play in Pocks place. Especially since I think Pock is gone after this season. I don't think the Rangers see him in their future, especially after trading for Mara.

Old
03-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I'm not surprised. Its about time they stopped looking around at each other and play as a team.

Jagr is a GREAT piece of the puzzle. I know he's a monster with the puck, but the team in general has been guilty of stargazing in his general direction while the play unfolds around them.

Finally we see EVERYBODY really putting their best game on the ice. Jagr is as valuable as a distraction to the other team as he is a scorer as long as he's not a distraction on this team as well.

Breaking up the top line was a risky move but a great move. Isbister? Avery? on the 1st line with Jags. Who would have thought?

It's a domino effect. Guys see other guys elevating their game, HOSSA, PRUCHA CULLEN, and it's contagious.

I have no doubt that Sean Avery is the spark behind this new look to the team. He's like the most hated player in the NHL no matter how much skill and heart he shows on every shift. The Rangers play better as an Underdog. Sean has been an Underdog his whole career and you really get the sense that he kind of digs it. He certainly doesn't ever let it keep him from giving 100% on every shift. That has to be a BIG influence on the younger players trying harder, elavating their game to NEW heights.

Avery wasn't even drafted. He's the ultimate underdog. What effect do you think that has on a forever praised prospect coming through the system to see this guy who wasnt even drafted excelling at the NHL level through hard work on his skills and a supreme effort on every shift?

On one side you have Jagr who has more natural talent and skill playing with one arm than most players in the world

On the other side you have Sean Avery who by all odds shouldn't even be playing in the NHL yet he is consistantly one of the most key guys in the game!

It's a beautiful balance really

03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Larry Melnyk

Also shows how Sather made some good deals (Mara, Avery, even Isbister) and how their patient approach with MOST of the kids this year is paying off (And will probably pay big dividends next year)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
WheresBarnaby

With all due respect, I think it's too early for this thread, we've still got a month in which we could F things up.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 03-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you know what really frightens me? the New York Yankees.

last year they lost important players and sort of rallied around their kids who helped them get to the playoffs. guys like melky, nick green, bernie williams, etc. guys who probably wouldnt have played even 1/2 of what they played had it not been for injuries.

then at the very end the stars come back, and youre like. well, you cant just throw away those guys because they are better than the guys who are currently playing. star players go back in, mojo goes away, colossal flop ensues.

i dont know if thats necessarily how we'll play because i felt the lines right before shanny went out were damn near unstoppable at times, but it does make you wonder....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

last year they lost important players and sort of rallied around their kids who helped them get to the playoffs. guys like melky, nick green, bernie williams, etc. guys who probably wouldnt have played even 1/2 of what they played had it not been for injuries.

then at the very end the stars come back, and youre like. well, you cant just throw away those guys because they are better than the guys who are currently playing. star players go back in, mojo goes away, colossal flop ensues.

i dont know if thats necessarily how we'll play because i felt the lines right before shanny went out were damn near unstoppable at times, but it does make you wonder....
Great points. Lets hope we're fortunate to have to ponder such dilemas in a few weeks time!!!!!

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

I don't think so brother....the fact of the matter is, if this team doesn't make it and they slip, at least we saw them overcome some huge obstacles and put together several good games in a row.

Old
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Pizza

Talk about Bizarro check out this article from our furry friend the Rodent entitled:

"The Numbers Say Yes". http://hockeyrodent.com/

Talk about Bizarre. Who would have thought the Rangers D would be better than every team.....including our friends across the river.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 02:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Just shows that anything can happen with patience

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Bizzarre will be beating Sens Tuesday night!!

Who's going?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I totally agree, Wheresbarnaby and I were talking about that last night.For so long I have been iffy about filling a roster spot with call up's from hartford, but I havent had any complaints this season with anyone who was called up thus far,and I hope its only going to get better.
especially girardi.. the kids been far better then anyone could of expected.. i would not mind him being a top 6 all next season.. plays a simple and very sound game.. also i like the way he's played with pock so far..

mara is far and away a different player then his #'s in boston would of led us to believe..

and everyone that has come up from the farm has not looked completely out of place.. it's going to leave some very interesting questions to be answered this off season as to who stays and goes and who is given a real shot out of camp..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
DontStaal

if you think about it.. we've lost some key players

Tyutin, Hossa, Shanahan (Straka for some time)

... but we've been able to incorporate the farm into our system and we've been able to win. Those are key guys there and as much as we're an injured team, it doesnt feel that way recently IMO

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
DarthSather99

we are reaping some rewards for the suffering we've had to endure the last few years, patience by Managment by looking at every decision long term and great scouting in finding some hidden talent.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Fish

I think it's easier to look at these things in a positive light when the team is winning...just as it is easy to look at it in a negative light when the team isn't winning. At this point I think the reality is somewhere in between.

The Rangers still need to prove that they can draft and then develop players. At this stage they have Prucha, Lundqvist and Tyutin who all realistically came through Europe, and Girardi and Hollweg who came through Hartford. Dubinsky has played three games and showed some promise, but while that's a step in the right direction, I don't see it as a trend yet.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote