HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Never more than half right or wrong

Old
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
blindedbyfear

vCash: 500
Never more than half right or wrong

I was talking with one of my Sabres fan friends this past weekend about his perceived awesomeness of his team.

I then remembered a thread on the Sabres board a little less than 3 years ago about trading Ryan Miller in order to move up in the draft and get Cam Barker.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=79967

Granted, we may not have a 23 year old goaltending prospect of Miller's caliber (meaning this thread isn't meant to compare Halak to Miller) but it's a good example of why patience can be a virtue and why I'm generally happy that hockey message board posters (myself included) aren't currently employed as NHL General Managers.

We do, however, have a lot of good prospects/young NHL players who have significant upside. And, similar to Miller, their value going forward is most likely far greater to us than it is to others.

Of course, my comments on Theodore in that thread are pretty laughable as well.

What does this teach us? If anything?

For the rest of this season, through the off-season, and forever, half of what you say will be right and half will be wrong.

The problem is you'll never know until it's too late which half is which.

Just found this interesting, is all.

blindedbyfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
On this board,nobody wanted to trade our youth just for a playoff push.It's not worth it.Also Price will be our future goalie not Halak

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

You should post this on the Sabre's board. They wouldn't be first in the league right now without miller, a very good team yes but Miller brought them over the top.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Dark4ng3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
You should post this on the Sabre's board. They wouldn't be first in the league right now without miller, a very good team yes but Miller brought them over the top.
Actually Buffalo is 4th right now after Nashville, Detroit and Anaheim.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
blindedbyfear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
On this board,nobody wanted to trade our youth just for a playoff push.It's not worth it.Also Price will be our future goalie not Halak
I wasn't referring to any thoughts that may or may not have existed in the past to trade youth for a playoff push this year.

I'm pointing out that some of the players who we think might not be progressing rapidly enough for our tastes may very well end up being better than we expect. I think there are a lot of people who are extremely impatient with this entire team, in general, and would prefer to see moves made for the sake of making moves. At least that's how it seems to me.

We've come pretty far, and I don't think we should cut off our nose to spite our face, so to speak.

blindedbyfear is offline   Reply With Quote