HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OGDT JSN Presents Senators @ Rangers (MSG) 7:00 pm

Old
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Firefly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
BTW (im sure its already been mentioned plenty of times already in the thread but)...How about Dubinsky? What a game he had, I thought he was easily one of the top players on the team tonight.
Definitely his best game so far. Looked a bit quicker and had some nice rushes, was decent in the corners, and still looked dynamite on draws (from what I saw). I was so disappointed he didn't get his first goal tonight, ****ing Emery.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
polako

i saw it a different way.

first of all, JJ wasn't coasting this game. He was driving to the net, battling in the corners, and carrying into the offensive zone all game. That first goal was created by him.

Aside from the one gaffe, Malik played an excellent game.

He has to do something about that stick...seems that he's reaching too much and not skating enough. Both recent own goals came when the D was exhausted though. Whatever, bad luck is the story of the year. That and poor officiating

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Balej20*

Quote:
BTW (im sure its already been mentioned plenty of times already in the thread but)...How about Dubinsky? What a game he had, I thought he was easily one of the top players on the team tonight.
Best forward for the Rangers tonight. Time to really give him top 2 line minutes.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Madness

Quote:
I really wish Lundqvist would go up to Sather and say, "Either trade me, or trade Malik, I won't play with him"

Malik is just BRUTAL. Maybe if he was in the right position he wouldn't have to stick his stick out in front of the net and try to block the pass to deflect it in all the time.

I feel so bad for Lundqvist who has to worry about that idiot all the time.
Why?.

Malik is valuable to this team, he scores lots of goals, important goals, he has more GWG than anyone else on the team.

Now if only Lundqvist could shoot the puck, score a goal every game and predict where deflected pucks are going to wind up................................

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I don't get why everyone is hating on Malik so much. I thought he has played very well of late and just has had bad luck. Bounces of the stick can happen to anyone, its just bad luck its happened to him a bunch of times lately.
he's played well.. he had one good game in that stretch.. he always seems to do something noticably bad each game

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruchaYeah View Post
I am not really upset for the effort in the game all together but they sit back with the lead and stop skating too much, they have a few days off now get recharged and get moving up
See, im not sure thats what happened. they hit the post what...3 times in this game? they generated plenty of chances, they drew power plays, and they played fairly well in their own zone. Again remember were not talking about an AHL team or something here, were talking about one of the best teams in the league.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
I don't get why everyone is hating on Malik so much. I thought he has played very well of late and just has had bad luck. Bounces of the stick can happen to anyone, its just bad luck its happened to him a bunch of times lately.
Never the less malik has worn out his welcome here..i d be shocked to see him back in broadway blue next season

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Thomas Pock is not an NHL defenseman. He is to blame for the second and tying Ottawa goal. Did not clear. It was not an easy play, but it's a play an NHL defenseman has to make. And he didn't.
What about Blair Betts not having his head on a swivel to catch the guy coming down the side for the one timer on the same exact play?

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
bmw2004

It's not only Maliks bad luck. The whole team has a bad luck.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I think Dubinsky played well tonight. I noticed him more on the ice in this game than any of his previous games.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I think Dubinsky played well tonight. I noticed him more on the ice in this game than any of his previous games.
Best forward on the team this season.

Old
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Thomas Pock is not an NHL defenseman. He is to blame for the second and tying Ottawa goal. Did not clear. It was not an easy play, but it's a play an NHL defenseman has to make. And he didn't.
the guy plays like 4 games all season and like 10 for his career, then is all of a sudden given a ton of minutes in ultra important games. sorry but if you expect an offensive defenseman to learn on the fly under those circumstances, you shouldnt be surprised with the outcome.

Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post

DAMMIT! We lead 2-0!

Had to work also, just got home. I can't believe we were up by 2 again, AND LOST THE GAME, anybody know what actually game this is that we've blown a lead of more than 2? I'm going to guess 12 games.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
What about Blair Betts not having his head on a swivel to catch the guy coming down the side for the one timer on the same exact play?
Betts has only become good for taking draws and killing Penalties. I've been kinda disappointed in his overal game this year.

Old
92hatchattack

man... can you guys think back to last season when we traded Neiminen(sp?) .... not that he was valuable to the team really, but think back..... weve been all downhill from that point on.....

or, is it Bozo the Drunko still floating around in the Rangers system that is killing us???

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
roxchipsi8

I think malik made the right play trying to block the shot. his only problem is that his wrists are too limp. instead of blocking the shot, his limp wrists couldn't handle the force of the puck and ends up deflecting it in. what a nerd.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness View Post
Why?.

Malik is valuable to this team, he scores lots of goals, important goals, he has more GWG than anyone else on the team.

Now if only Lundqvist could shoot the puck, score a goal every game and predict where deflected pucks are going to wind up................................
i blame lundqvist for this loss. if only he could learn to pass, shoot, score, and defend, hed be a heckuva goalie

Old
FLYLine24*

Quote:
It only happens to him though, why? Because he is too slow to get to his man and take him out of the play so he just recklessly throws his stick out and put pucks into our net.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stuart

bad luck

21 1 goal losses. they played hard, Rachunek getting hurt did not help.

they played pretty good. they can't score... I did not see the goalie interference penalty on Mara, maloney on the radio said it was a terrible call.

the difference as usual the PP..

they lose alot of tough games....

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
I think malik made the right play trying to block the shot. his only problem is that his wrists are too limp. instead of blocking the shot, his limp wrists couldn't handle the force of the puck and ends up deflecting it in. what a nerd.
The right play would have been get the guy, lift the stick. Instead Malik was caught behind with his stick going toward the net and he put the puck in trying to do a last ditch effort in blocking the pass.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
the guy plays like 4 games all season and like 10 for his career, then is all of a sudden given a ton of minutes in ultra important games. sorry but if you expect an offensive defenseman to learn on the fly under those circumstances, you shouldnt be surprised with the outcome.
You have to produce offense before you get to be called an offensive defenseman, right? Until that point, you're still a defenseman.

tronylon

Send a message via AIM to tronylon
I think some of us are overreacting here.

YES----This is a terrible way to lose a game, especially with how our other foes did tonight.

HOWEVER--Losing another game this season was inevitable. I think that if we put together a nice string of 7 game point streaks, our playoff chances are looking very good.

Renney needs to reevalute the way this team handles leads. It's getting absolutely ridiculous.

tronylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
21 1 goal losses. they played hard, Rachunek getting hurt did not help.

they played pretty good. they can't score... I did not see the goalie interference penalty on Mara, maloney on the radio said it was a terrible call.

the difference as usual the PP..

they lose alot of tough games....
They lose tough games because they aren't a good team.

Old
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
stuart

3 ottawa goal

1. Ortmeyer did not clear(had the chance to).

2. right after Mara got back from the penalty, which supposively was a terrible call.

3. Malik, bad break.

that is the story of there season....tough losses.

hang in there...........

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
The right play would have been get the guy, lift the stick. Instead Malik was caught behind with his stick going toward the net and he put the puck in trying to do a last ditch effort in blocking the pass.

good point... he was grossly out of position. I'm saying he tried to do the right thing given his situation. I agree though that he shouldn't have been where was.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote