HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could the Predators have zero 1st and 2nd round playoffs games televised on VS

Old
03-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Could the Predators have zero 1st and 2nd round playoffs games televised on VS

Think about it if we finish 1st and play Calgary then no 1st round games will be shown by VS/NBC and if Vancouver finished 7th and upset Anaheim and plays us in the 2nd round then that series is also completely unappealing to VS.

Last edited by Gnashville: 03-13-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Think about it if we finish 1st and play Calgary then no 1st round games will be shown by VS/NBC and if Vancouver finished 7th and upset Anaheim and plays us in the 2nd then that series is completely unappealing to VS.
I don't get it, why wouldn't the games be shown? What about Fox? Fine by me really, I will just go to a bar.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeltherabbit View Post
I don't get it, why wouldn't the games be shown? What about Fox? Fine by me really, I will just go to a bar.
I meant nationally telecast games on VS or NBC maybe I wasn't clear on my original post. Fox is just local.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Testify

Well sorry if I have to tell it but for a canadian predator fan.. I HOPE u guys gets a canadian team in the 1st round

I know im selfish.. sry

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 04:19 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
They don't give any respect to us now, why should the playoffs be any different?

VS would rather watch the Sharks eat the Blackhawks 7-1, watch the same Hawks and Blue Jackets play an OT game rather than watch the Predators do anything. They say we're "flying under the radar", well I WONDER WHY? Even in the plays of the week segment, I think we've had 1 or 2 all year, but every week we're in there being scored against. Last year we only had the best home record in the entire damn NHL and what does that get us? One nationally televised game, ON THE ROAD!

It's my opinion that all 30 teams should have at least one home game broadcast during the season.

But you would think that VS/NBC would want to show some of the playoff games in Canada. The crowd and energy in the buildings of Edmonton last season and Calgary before were amazing to see on TV.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 10:51 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
They don't give any respect to us now, why should the playoffs be any different?

VS would rather watch the Sharks eat the Blackhawks 7-1, watch the same Hawks and Blue Jackets play an OT game rather than watch the Predators do anything. They say we're "flying under the radar", well I WONDER WHY? Even in the plays of the week segment, I think we've had 1 or 2 all year, but every week we're in there being scored against. Last year we only had the best home record in the entire damn NHL and what does that get us? One nationally televised game, ON THE ROAD!

It's my opinion that all 30 teams should have at least one home game broadcast during the season.

But you would think that VS/NBC would want to show some of the playoff games in Canada. The crowd and energy in the buildings of Edmonton last season and Calgary before were amazing to see on TV.
Don't think the fact of us being the #1 seed, if we happen to keep that seed, changing anything down there at NBC. Philly will still get more nationally televised games even next year even if we keep our whole team intact including Forsberg.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

With the way we take the pipe when we're nationally televised, I can't say this bothers me.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote