HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

dipietro injury?

Old
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
YEMELIN74

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
dipietro injury?

If its serious that might open a playoff spot since i dont think the islanders can be consistant without him and clinch a playoff spot....

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Turbo

One little thing I have to get off my chest... this is a pretty good thread for it.

I was at the game and was quite surprised to hear so many people boo while DiPietro was down. Was one of the most classless things I've ever seen at a hockey game in a while in fact. Where are these fans from? Haven't they attended hockey games before and don't they know the culture of hockey? You don't taunt a guy like that when he's down and looking seriously hurt - and clearly not faking!

After the third time I heard boos in my section I yelled a really loud "shut the **** up morons" at the top of my lungs. Got the attention of a few that seemed to feel the same way and it seemed to stop those in my section. But man, I wish some of these fans would show at least a little class - this should have never happened in the first place. Not good to tempt karma like this either.

Anyway, any news on DiPietro? What's the word on the injury since I didn't get any news at the rink.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
One little thing I have to get off my chest... this is a pretty good thread for it.

I was at the game and was quite surprised to hear so many people boo while DiPietro was down. Was one of the most classless things I've ever seen at a hockey game in a while in fact. Where are these fans from? Haven't they attended hockey games before and don't they know the culture of hockey? You don't taunt a guy like that when he's down and looking seriously hurt - and clearly not faking!

After the third time I heard boos in my section I yelled a really loud "shut the **** up morons" at the top of my lungs. Got the attention of a few that seemed to feel the same way and it seemed to stop those in my section. But man, I wish some of these fans would show at least a little class - this should have never happened in the first place. Not good to tempt karma like this either.

Anyway, any news on DiPietro? What's the word on the injury since I didn't get any news at the rink.
First off thanks for standing up for the "Real Fans" and blasting the idiots that would boo another teams goalie for getting hurt. I agree with your theory, it wasn't a good way for those fans to tempt karma, not with the way things have been going with our team.

I haven't heard any news yet so far on DiPietro, but I guess we'll know how long he's going to be out by Wed afternoon.

03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:

I had the feeling that the booing was more because they thought at first that Dipietro caused a dangerous situation (1st time around, at real speed, looked like a possible penalty...the replay did not though).

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
I had the feeling that the booing was more because they thought at first that Dipietro caused a dangerous situation (1st time around, at real speed, looked like a possible penalty...the replay did not though).
The booing was coming from the Molson Ex Zone because people was already drunk... This is the same people who was booing the USA Anthem first... They start the boo-chant and after that some other "ass-licker" follow them.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
never crossed my mind but I really hope so... still though, at first I can see it but I feel a little dirty about the way it they kept doing it. We've all grown up around hockey I'm sure and know damn well that you don't boo guys that go down with injury. Hope someone told these guys - this type of karma tends to come back and haunt you.

Old
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
never crossed my mind but I really hope so... still though, at first I can see it but I feel a little dirty about the way it they kept doing it. We've all grown up around hockey I'm sure and know damn well that you don't boo guys that go down with injury. Hope someone told these guys - this type of karma tends to come back and haunt you.
No comment on this, just wanted to say that I really like your Avatar haha

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
The booing was coming from the Molson Ex Zone because people was already drunk... This is the same people who was booing the USA Anthem first... They start the boo-chant and after that some other "ass-licker" follow them.
Gotta switch those "ass-licker" to some "ass-kicker" and kick their assesz.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
No comment on this, just wanted to say that I really like your Avatar haha
cheers! just whipped it up to replace the "CHoking" one I used last week... 2 Ws in a row is still a long way to go, but a good start nontheless.

Old
03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Turbo

Quote:
This is exactly where I heard it from... my tickets are in section 423, so just around the corner from there.

Old
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Mackee

Quote:
This is exactly where I heard it from... my tickets are in section 423, so just around the corner from there.
I was in 422. Couldn't agree more. All those who booed should be ashamed of themselves. I wouldn't have been shocked if DiPietro hadn't gotten up...I was expecting the stretcher. That was vicious. But as a goalie myself, that's on the Rick. He came out to make the play and a guy like Begin is going to come hard.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
cheers! just whipped it up to replace the "CHoking" one I used last week... 2 Ws in a row is still a long way to go, but a good start nontheless.
Back at ya Turbo..2 W's is definitely a good start in my books.

Oh and btw...you're Avatar is now my new desktop on my laptop. With your permission of course

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
rulin

Perhaps the fans thought that Dipietro was staying down for the whistle (i.e. faking it), because he was clearly in no position to make a save... I know that was what I thought at first.

I forget how long the fans were actually booing... I thought it was only for a couple of seconds after the play.

rulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:43 PM
GSK*

Quote:
I was in 307 AA, so really close to them.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:46 PM
dok101

Quote:

Thanks for that post Turbo. I was surprised to hear some of those boos, particularly when it was evident that he was in fact injured.

Every arena has its fair share of morons. Like some of you said, it was probably the ones all liquored up. Glad to see you guys didn't agree with it.

dok101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Maxpac

I was there and i booed too, we all thought he was faking because it was a sure goal since he went out way too far from the net, like foot-ball players do when they want i time out. I'm going to say this for the 1st time in my life but i hope he's on IR for the next 3 weeks, he's the backbone of his team

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:02 AM
TomPlex

I was booing as well from in front of my TV because IMO Rick was a complete ****ing moron for putting him and Begin into that situation. If he hadn't gotten hurt because of his own actions, obviously it's not right to boo.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I have to admit that I was thinking that Rick was faking injury to save the sure goal (as described above). Had he continued to play the game I think a penalty would have been issued, anyway. Then again, if Begin hadn't been yelling in pain I don't think the play would have been whistled down in the first place, it probably would have continued a few seconds further.

My two interpretations of what Ted Nolan said after the game regarding DiPietro is that Rick is either fine, or he's considerably hurt. Given what the play looked like it could be anything from a concussion to a compounded neck vertebrae.

I never would have booed at the actual game, but there was certainly a question of sportsmanship initially.

03-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I'm pretty sure he is going to be fine...I don't have any proof but let's just call it a hunch. At least he was out against us.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Back at ya Turbo..2 W's is definitely a good start in my books.

Oh and btw...you're Avatar is now my new desktop on my laptop. With your permission of course
no prob... just an image I found on the www and modified

Old
03-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Turbo

Quote:
I was in 307 AA, so really close to them.
actually I take it back - my tickets are close to the end where the "family zone" is... guess there were some pretty drunk "families" too then.

the whole thing was just odd - I can understand that there might have been some boos at first because of the way the play went down. But I didn't make much of it until some fans kept restarting the boos a good while after. DiPietro was clearly hurt by that point so there was no excuse anymore. Doesn't really matter to me who's at fault when a guy's hurt as long as there's no faking. It was a risky play but they were playing the puck so...

Old
03-14-2007, 08:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
According to TSN the hospital diagnoised it as a "blow to the head" (duh)...doesn't sound too serious though.

And yeah I was embarassed hearing fans boo DiPietro and trying to start a "faker" chant...even if you think he's faking, keep it to yourself.

Turbo was in the row beside me (I was in 422) but there's always idiots (or boo birds) up in the Bell Centre rafters...you just have to get used to them giving the rest of us a bad name.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
According to TSN the hospital diagnoised it as a "blow to the head" (duh)...doesn't sound too serious though.

And yeah I was embarassed hearing fans boo DiPietro and trying to start a "faker" chant...even if you think he's faking, keep it to yourself.

Turbo was in the row beside me (I was in 422) but there's always idiots (or boo birds) up in the Bell Centre rafters...you just have to get used to them giving the rest of us a bad name.
I have a 1/2 season in 423A5-6 with my buddy... my next game is saturday vs. the Leafs... say hello if you're there. I have a koivu jersey, my buddy has a #67 with "Leafssuck" on the back that he's very proud of.

Cheers for the update... haven't had time to do the news rounds yet.

Old
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I have a 1/2 season in 423A5-6 with my buddy... my next game is saturday vs. the Leafs... say hello if you're there. I have a koivu jersey, my buddy has a #67 with "Leafssuck" on the back that he's very proud of.

Cheers for the update... haven't had time to do the news rounds yet.
Haha dude, I pointed out that "Leafs Suck" jersey to my brother and we both raved about how awesome it was! I was in 422 C so basically two rows behind you and to your right, right on the end closest to the stairs. My bro was wearing a white vintage Hab jersey and I had a Kovalev home jersey but I doubt you saw us.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Haha dude, I pointed out that "Leafs Suck" jersey to my brother and we both raved about how awesome it was! I was in 422 C so basically two rows behind you and to your right, right on the end closest to the stairs. My bro was wearing a white vintage Hab jersey and I had a Kovalev home jersey but I doubt you saw us.
hah! Some young man from Calgary actually took a photo with my buddy before the game - featuring the jersey. I was making fun of him saying he could be just as popular as Youpi! if he put some effort into it. Should be fun wearing it during the game vs. Leafs on the weekend (we've been to 3-4 leafs games where he wore it so far and he usually gets some pretty good reactions).