HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 3-14-07 Flames at Avs 7 PM MT

Old
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
SakicAllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
Great hard fought game yesterday. Three players who I thought did very well but probably went un-noticed is Kurt Sauer, Brett Clark and Tyler Arnason. Both Sauer and Clark we're paired up against Iginla and they both made very smart, safe plays. Arnason I thought was hustling very well and made some nice strong plays to the net. He was getting double shifted too in place of Parker after about the first period.
Sauer was the one I noticed, and was very impressed by.

SakicAllStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:16 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
Great hard fought game yesterday. Three players who I thought did very well but probably went un-noticed is Kurt Sauer, Brett Clark and Tyler Arnason. Both Sauer and Clark we're paired up against Iginla and they both made very smart, safe plays. Arnason I thought was hustling very well and made some nice strong plays to the net. He was getting double shifted too in place of Parker after about the first period.
It's kinda funky...My DVR recording had 30 minutes of soft-rock music with a message saying I had to checkout a channel I don't get followed by the last period and a half of play. There were actually two recordings...the soft-rock stuff and then a recording of the last half of the game. However, I was surprised to see Parker on the bench congratulating the other players at the end of the game. He was that invisible during what I got to see. I do agree with you though....Sauer (whom I've always rooted for,) Clark and Tyler all did real nice jobs last night.

I'm really worried about what is going to happen when we try and move Svatos back into the lineup this weekend. Whose going to sit in his place? We've been doing so well without him that I'm hesitant to bring him back. The same goes for Skrats and Leo if they ever get healthy. Who takes a back seat? Finger is playing ok and Sauer really is thriving on the increased minutes. Not spectacular but certainly not disappointing. The team is playing better with these guys in the lineup than we did before...I think we are in for a let-down when we bring some of these guys back..is it just me?

expatriated_texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
rozier24

vCash: 545
Send a message via MSN to rozier24
I think at least when our d men get healthy we can sit JML. dont get me wrong I love him, but he is not up to his standards lately. He could rest and get healthy for the playoffs.

rozier24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Bam Beet*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post

I'm really worried about what is going to happen when we try and move Svatos back into the lineup this weekend. Whose going to sit in his place? We've been doing so well without him that I'm hesitant to bring him back. The same goes for Skrats and Leo if they ever get healthy. Who takes a back seat? Finger is playing ok and Sauer really is thriving on the increased minutes. Not spectacular but certainly not disappointing. The team is playing better with these guys in the lineup than we did before...I think we are in for a let-down when we bring some of these guys back..is it just me?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think if we get a dman back then Vaananen should sit. He's been decent but I think either Skrats or Leo would be an upgrade over him. I'm always scared Vaany is going to take a penalty when he's out on the ice. Now if Svatos comes back then it's kind of tough. I guess it would be between Rycroft and Parker. And since Parker was benched for the most part on the Calgary game I think it will be Parker who sits. Maybe we should just let Svatos sit out the rest of the season if we keep playing like we are? Who knows but Q will have a tough decision pretty soon.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote