HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quebec media and Latendresse

Old
03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Reuben

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Not doing bad.

If he manages to score another 5 goals, he'll be the 3rd rookie in 3 years to score 20 goals.
I have no complaints about his overall season as a 19 year old. consistency is key just like any other rookie/young player.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
This is the issue.

The team has let Latendresse make his mistakes in the NHL as a 19 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL. Add to that the insane line changes and demotions the only argument that is left besides Latendresse’s nationality is that “His development would have been stunted in juniors”
And I totaly believe that. But you're forgeting the size + scoring touch he brings.

Keeping him in montreal was definetly the best option.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
Garth Murray has been making mistakes in the NHL as a 23 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL.

Janne Niinimaa has been making mistakes in the NHL as a 31 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL.

Francis Bouillon has been making mistakes in the NHL as a 31 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL.

Sergei Samsonov has been making mistakes in the NHL as a 28 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL.

Alexander Perezhogin has been making mistakes in the NHL as a 23 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL.

At least Latendresse is learning a whole lot more than he would have had in Juniors and is improving.
Most of your reply was directed at "Suckahs" who have signed here. If 1/3 of the team had the heart of Bouillon we'd be planning the parade route.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
RC51

I realy don't blame the media for wishing Latendresse to be the next GOD.
You know what, it's their right and their home grown boy.
I am a Quebecer and I wish he becomes a GOD so what's the problem?
Every home grown boy gets that special treatment for the home fans.

Don't we all wish to be the top player and play at home for our family friends? well it's the same thing.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
And I totaly believe that. But you're forgeting the size + scoring touch he brings.

Keeping him in montreal was definetly the best option.
I only have the “Franco-Vision 2000” goggles. What do you think of the 3000 model? I was told they would only be available to the public in 2009. Do you know coach Carboneau?

Old
03-14-2007, 07:50 PM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I only have the “Franco-Vision 2000” goggles. What do you think of the 3000 model? I was told they would only be available to the public in 2009. Do you know coach Carboneau?
What the hell are you talking about?! Even if he wasn't French, most agree that having him play professionnal hockey instead of junior this year was best for him. And 15 goals proves that. Has Lats cost us a game??? No! So what's wrong with him being here??!

Quit seeing conspiracies when there are none.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

Don't we all wish to be the top player and play at home for our family friends? well it's the same thing.

When your cheering for the New Mexico Canadians in 2010 there may be a dull pain in your forehead as well as mine.

Old
03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

That's true. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's a fine line though. As long as things are fairly reported, fine. Keep in mind that all these shows that we bash are opinion shows. If we think the opinion is unfair or stupid, seek out a show that's more in line with your tastes.

I have a hard time seeing the issue after awhile. Personally, I think Latendresse will end up somewhere between a Knuble/Murray,type of player, though we can dream of Leclair. Any of the 3 would be fine with me.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
When your cheering for the New Mexico Canadians in 2010 there may be a dull pain in your forehead as well as mine.
And this has what to do with Latendresse??

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:01 PM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
Yeah, Latendresse shouldn't get any media attention, people shouldn't have the right to like a hometown kid.

HOWEVER, Carey Price, he's the real deal, the next coming of Brodeur, Luongo and/or Roy... CTV and TSN and The Gazette have every right to be in admiration with him and talk about him constantly even if he's in Tri-City.

Huzzah, I'm a tool.

so true !

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:07 PM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
No, I'm not trying to stir up a french debate at all. All I am saying is they are expecting way too much from him. Look what all that hype did to Theo. All the hype, the big contract, went to his head. And now look at him.
agree. You don't want a debat , you just want to bash the french medias for the pleasure of it , without having to give a true reason .

Old
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
That's true. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's a fine line though. As long as things are fairly reported, fine. Keep in mind that all these shows that we bash are opinion shows. If we think the opinion is unfair or stupid, seek out a show that's more in line with your tastes.

I have a hard time seeing the issue after awhile. Personally, I think Latendresse will end up somewhere between a Knuble/Murray,type of player, though we can dream of Leclair. Any of the 3 would be fine with me.
You are right. That is why no UFA in their right mind will sign here, and have been quoted saying so, and most of our rookies have been “quoted” saying the same – maybe – if – my family – so I may go home.

GO NEW MEXICO CANADIENS GO!!!

Hey, at least Latendresse will still be on the first line if they write it in the sale contract.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Oooooh. Strong.

Rookies.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
agree. You don't want a debat , you just want to bash the french medias for the pleasure of it , without having to give a true reason .
It's not a debate. Theo stinks and it was the one true trade for the name of the franchise that has happened in the last 15 years.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
znk

Quote:
Do you ever post anything that makes sense?
Lats had a great training camp. It was his second in 2 years. Kostytsin had a great camp to. It was between these two guys because sadly we signed Samsonov. Anyway...Lats had the edge when it came to physical play so that gave him the advantage if he was going to play on the 4th line that needs to be an energy line.

Secondly if Kost was sent down he could be called back up at any point if we had injuries. Lats we couldnt. So they took the decision of having the possibility of having the 2 guys on the team at some point this year rather then sending Lats down and losing him for the year.

Finaly they thought it would be in his best interest to be in montreal on a short leash where he could see what he needs to work on. Instead of eating poutines between periods in Drumondville and still scoring 60 goals here he realizes that it's not that easy and if he has half a brain he will work really hard this summer.

I dont remember the last time this team had a 19 year old 15 goal scorer. Maybe you can enlighten me. He's got more goals then Radulov. I'm pretty sure that if Lats was in the minors you'd be crying saying "he should have made the team...that we dont graduate our prospects fast enough...just look at Nashville blah blah blah..."
Because that's what you do. This kind of crap jus keeps ooozing out of you like puss.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:24 PM
deandebean

Demogod, what do you really mean? I mean, really?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
milou

Quote:
This is the issue.

The team has let Latendresse make his mistakes in the NHL as a 19 year old (while sucking) while there were more skilled players who were biting at the bit in the AHL. Add to that the insane line changes and demotions the only argument that is left besides Latendresse’s nationality is that “His development would have been stunted in juniors”
hey you , you talk like Latendresse was sucking with the Habs . The guy is having 15 goals , it's only 3 less than Koivu , Plekanec and Higgins . And it's more than the total of Kovalev or Samsonov .

And Latendresse is the one who got the less ice , and that was on the 4 th line for a big part of the season .That's very good .

Can you name me the last player of the Habs that made 15 goals ( at least ) , at 19 years old ? do a research , and you will see that it isn't something that is usuel .

Old
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Oooooh. Strong.

Rookies.

They didn't have this board up when they traded Chelios, Desardins(sp), Schneider, Le’claire, Roy (FOR NOTHING), Muller, Damphouse, and Carboneau. Add Keane in there as well as Recci. I could go on but good Lord it hurts!

Ya, its 20/20 but these guys were and are proven winners when we traded them for proven crap.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
JFB

Some people here should definitely get a life, and stop analyzing everything that is said on 110%.

110% is not CNN, it's just a freak show with some funny characters.

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
hey you , you talk like Latendresse was sucking with the Habs . The guy is having 15 goals , it's only 3 less than Koivu , Plekanec and Higgins . And it's more than the total of Kovalev or Samsonov .

And Latendresse is the one who got the less ice , and that was on the 4 th line for a big part of the season .That's very good .

Can you name me the last player of the Habs that made 15 goals ( at least ) , at 19 years old ? do a research , and you will see that it isn't something that is usuel .
The 3rd and 4th lines for this season has had 80+ point season players on it. Oh, and if you take a close look at the MINUTES played per line it may help.

As far as I know there has never been a 19 year old that was expected to SAVE the franchise I love while everyone wants out.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
Some people here should definitely get a life, and stop analyzing everything that is said on 110%.

110% is not CNN, it's just a freak show with some funny characters.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:
The 3rd and 4th lines for this season has had 80+ point season players on it. Oh, and if you take a close look at the MINUTES played per line it may help.

As far as I know there has never been a 19 year old that was expected to SAVE the franchise I love while everyone wants out.
Unless your name is Crosby, of course...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Do you ever post anything that makes sense?
Lats had a great training camp. It was his second in 2 years. Kostytsin had a great camp to. It was between these two guys because sadly we signed Samsonov. Anyway...Lats had the edge when it came to physical play so that gave him the advantage if he was going to play on the 4th line that needs to be an energy line.

Secondly if Kost was sent down he could be called back up at any point if we had injuries. Lats we couldnt. So they took the decision of having the possibility of having the 2 guys on the team at some point this year rather then sending Lats down and losing him for the year.

Finaly they thought it would be in his best interest to be in montreal on a short leash where he could see what he needs to work on. Instead of eating poutines between periods in Drumondville and still scoring 60 goals here he realizes that it's not that easy and if he has half a brain he will work really hard this summer.

I dont remember the last time this team had a 19 year old 15 goal scorer. Maybe you can enlighten me. He's got more goals then Radulov. I'm pretty sure that if Lats was in the minors you'd be crying saying "he should have made the team...that we dont graduate our prospects fast enough...just look at Nashville blah blah blah..."
Because that's what you do. This kind of crap jus keeps ooozing out of you like puss.
Ya, that's what the UFAs and rookies will say next year. "It is all crap about the "Franco-Vision" but I decline and will play with (insert your option)".

LMAO, I have seen "Crosby in 2009" avatars! Ya, he's coming here...

There is nothing "oozing" but facts.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Coco Fever

What is the problem with this board??? The media praises Latendresse and some posters are attacking him as if he asked for all that publicity!
I'm sure he'd rather play hockey and that's it. He couldn't careless about what medias have to say! He's a professional hockey player.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't mind if the francophone media overpraise him so long as he's a productive player. The Habs need all the help they can get from any source.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote