HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade idea?

Old
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Trade idea?

To Minnesota: Dan Cloutier (we stick him in the minors) + something (I don't know your prospects too well)...

To Los Angeles: Manny Fernandez

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 06:40 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
To Minnesota: Dan Cloutier (we stick him in the minors) + something (I don't know your prospects too well)...

Where do I sign!

How much is Manny signed for and length of contract?

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
johnjm22

The Kings want to give JLB a shot next year, Manny would just get in the way.

If you're looking for prospects, you're barking up the wrong tree...

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

This makes no sense, Manny while an upgrade over Cloutier isnt a starting goalie. He wasnt when Roloson was there and given the chance this year he just lost the starting job to Backstrom, granted it was partly due to his injury but he isnt just the work horse starter that the Kings need. The Kings are better off trying to hang onto Garon (arguably equal to Manny) and using him and LaBarbera next year, or a free agent signing.

Now if you want to talk about trading Westblom, or Harding thats a different story.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
If you don't think Manny's a starter, you're probably at Burger King right now.

If he wasn't signed for a nice 4.5 spot, I'd do it. Hell, I'd still do it even if we had to give up Tuks.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
This makes no sense, Manny while an upgrade over Cloutier isnt a starting goalie. He wasnt when Roloson was there and given the chance this year he just lost the starting job to Backstrom, granted it was partly due to his injury but he isnt just the work horse starter that the Kings need. The Kings are better off trying to hang onto Garon (arguably equal to Manny) and using him and LaBarbera next year, or a free agent signing.

Now if you want to talk about trading Westblom, or Harding thats a different story.
We don't want your starting-quality goaltender in Fernandez, but we'll take your mediocre goalie prospect in Westblom? Whatever you say.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:03 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
If you don't think Manny's a starter, you're probably at Burger King right now.

If he wasn't signed for a nice 4.5 spot, I'd do it. Hell, I'd still do it even if we had to give up Tuks.
And that is exactly what my problem with this deal is 4.5... way to expensive for a 1A goalie which is exactly what youd get with Manny. When has he ever proven that he is a legit number one goalie? I watch a large number of Wild games considering I live in Minnesota, and never has Manny been the best goalie on the Wild. Roloson, Harding and Backstrom have all beaten him out at some point in time and been better. Thats why his name is coming up, the Wild are trying to get rid of the weakest and most expensive link. There is no garentee that the numbers he puts up on the Wild (one of the better defensive teams) will be reproduced here in LA (a team struggling defensively). There are better cheaper and smarter solutions than trading for Manny Fernandez.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Career .913 SV%. That's all I care about.

Getting rid of Cloutier makes it a very easy decision.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:27 PM
CaliCash

Send a message via AIM to CaliCash Send a message via Yahoo to CaliCash
Quote:
Career .913 SV%. That's all I care about.

Getting rid of Cloutier makes it a very easy decision.
But not in getting rid of another prospect! Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we stick Cloutier down in Manchester at the start of next season, doesn't his salary come off the books? Yes i know we will be paying him that absurd amount of money for him to play in the minors, but to me, that's better then him making us look bad and its better then giving up another prospect! Just my $.02

CaliCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Having Tukonen is redundant.

Now I'm going to get flamed.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:42 PM
ILuvLA

While I too would take you up on the proposal in a hearbeat, I fail to believe that any other team would even consider taking a gamble on Clouts at this point in time. Just look at the last couple of years - lockout, then a season ending injury after approx 13 games with the Canucks, stinking to the high heavens in LA before another season ending injury... need I say more? And yes, I am factoring in his 30+ reg season wins in the years preceding the lockout.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I could see a team doing it to get a young forward prospect when they don't have very many, and getting rid of a player with a high salary in a position where they don't need him. Like, say Turco screws up again in the postseason. They don't have too many youngin's with 1st or 2nd line upside. They deal Turco to get rid of their bane, and take on Cloutier's salary just to match deals. That's just an example, I'm not saying Dallas is going to deal their guy.

Of course, that's assuming they have a guy they feel can be their #1 at a much cheaper cost than Turco. I don't think so, but there are teams that may. It would take good depth (all the way through the system) at their "high salary" position to even think of doing so. If there were a cap in the past, I could see a team like New York doing that. Sorta the same way Carolina dealt JJ with Oleg for players that could help them now (even though they have no depth on defense, so really it made jack **** sense). You need to be in a "win now" position to deal your junk like that, which we aren't.

If ya' follow.

Old
03-15-2007, 12:03 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
While I too would take you up on the proposal in a hearbeat, I fail to believe that any other team would even consider taking a gamble on Clouts at this point in time. Just look at the last couple of years - lockout, then a season ending injury after approx 13 games with the Canucks, stinking to the high heavens in LA before another season ending injury... need I say more? And yes, I am factoring in his 30+ reg season wins in the years preceding the lockout.
Which is why it makes sense for Minnesota to trade for Cloutier. Apparently we have good enough depth at goaltender (Backstrom/Harding) to cover up and keep Cloutier in the minors.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Brodie562

Quote:
Having Tukonen is redundant.

Now I'm going to get flamed.
Care to explain?

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
My feelings will change if he comes up after or late next season, but we have enough forwards that have no clue what they're doing at the NHL level. Let's wait for them to do something and then worry about Tukonen.

I'm not prospect happy, so I'm sure that one of these guys is going to bust. I do not want it to be O'Sully or Brown.

Old
03-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

How are we supposed to get Tavares without Cloutier in net? Huh? Huh?!?!?

03-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
How are we supposed to get Tavares without Cloutier in net? Huh? Huh?!?!?
When Tavares is draft eligible in 2009 we'll probably be riding on an upward trend in the standings where we won't even be in play for him.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
When Tavares is draft eligible in 2009 we'll probably be riding on an upward trend in the standings where we won't even be in play for him.
Which is a mistake IMO. We still need the "full" rebuild. We should suck until Bernier is ready.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
not tellin*

Quote:

If by propects you mean Marc Crawford then yeah. That's the only way you are going to get Cloutier in Minniesootah.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Which is a mistake IMO. We still need the "full" rebuild. We should suck until Bernier is ready.
Hopefuly DL will stumble on to someone's 1st overall draft pick and that team may just happen to finish last and we get him.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
Hopefuly DL will stumble on to someone's 1st overall draft pick and that team may just happen to finish last and we get him.

Hopefully, he'll be able to continue to rebuild the way he did this season-meaning show management(who doesn't want a full rebuild) that we're trying to be better, but just suck. Tavares would be the perfect compliment for Anze if he switched to wing. He's what I'd call a pure goal scorer.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
shimy1221*

Quote:

is this a serious proposal ?

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote