HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everything Chris Simon / Ryan Hollweg

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Ken was a true warrior and a great hockey story of a guy who has marginal talent and made himself a great leader and he is a legend for his toughness. Now for him to say that about Hollweg is pure non sense this is a man that played when players policed them selfs and checking from behind was never called and either was cross checking in front of the net. How many sticks did he break over players backs? Ken is a bitter drunk that lost his sense for the game and his now trying to be cool and go against the norm. Hollweg threw a check that at best was 2 minutes for boarding now a days 10 years ago the announcer would have called that a great hit that energized the team. Danno stop hating the Rangers because you were stuck in the swamp and had your number retired in front of 5000 fans.

Old
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
DarthSather99

Maybe we should sent Manny Malhotra to visit Ken.....

Talking about cheap shot artist...did Ken address any cheap shot artist presently playing on the devils?

Old
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
slackerracker

lol ish that comment cracks me up i have no clue what else to say. Although i think it was a borderline hit it did in my opinion deserve a 2 minute bording call. But in no way does anything like that mean simon had a reason to do what he did because that's just not a part of hockey.

*edit* and please i beg of people to just stop mentioning dano's drinking problems from his past(at least i think he is sober now)

Old
03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Thats Rich

Old
03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
Like when? I mean if your going to call him dirty we might as well call half of the league back then dirty, seriously.
C'mon, Lou. Dano didn't do anything THAT bad to REMEMBER specific incidents. But he was known as a guy that would do anything for his team -- and he occasionally took liberties with players in front of the net or in the corners. I'm not saying it's bad because the Rangers have had those players, too.

He just isn't a guy who should be talking about cheap and borderline hits.

Old
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Ken was a true warrior and a great hockey story of a guy who has marginal talent and made himself a great leader and he is a legend for his toughness. Now for him to say that about Hollweg is pure non sense this is a man that played when players policed them selfs and checking from behind was never called and either was cross checking in front of the net. How many sticks did he break over players backs?
Exactly. I actually like Ken and can appreciate his breed of player in the league (in fact, I think that Liffiton is a Daneyko-esque player) and think that we need more of them. True warrior. His commentrs are just not something that he should be getting into and he looks like a real jerk because of it.

Old
03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
C'mon, Lou. Dano didn't do anything THAT bad to REMEMBER specific incidents. But he was known as a guy that would do anything for his team -- and he occasionally took liberties with players in front of the net or in the corners. I'm not saying it's bad because the Rangers have had those players, too.

Not even if it was the reporter who tracked Daneyko and specifically asked his opinion of the hit?
Quote:
Exactly. I actually like Ken and can appreciate his breed of player in the league (in fact, I think that Liffiton is a Daneyko-esque player) and think that we need more of them. True warrior. His commentrs are just not something that he should be getting into and he looks like a real jerk because of it.
Seems like if Daneyko shouldn't be allowed to comment on the hits, many of the Ranger fans here shouldn't be allowed to comment on Daneyko's opinion all things considered. I mean, weren't there quite a few fans praising Avery for his comments to the press on matters that don't quite concern him? It seems like if those people can condone Avery running to the press every time that 15 watt bulb flickers then they can excuse a retired hockey player for giving his opinion on a current hot-topic in the NHL.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 03-14-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old
03-14-2007, 09:46 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Not even if it was the reporter who tracked Daneyko and specifically asked his opinion of the hit?
Actually, he should have enough brains to just not comment about the hit. If he doesn't comment, there's no issue. A guy who threw a lot of borderline hits has no right showing his clearly biased opinion. He just looks like a bozo.

Quote:
Seems like if Daneyko shouldn't be allowed to comment on the hits, many of the Ranger fans here shouldn't be allowed to comment on Daneyko's opinion all things considered. I mean, weren't there quite a few fans praising Avery for his comments to the press on matters that don't quite concern him? It seems like if those people can condone Avery running to the press every time that 15 watt bulb flickers then they can excuse a retired hockey player for giving his opinion on a current hot-topic in the hockey world of today.
Do you see me praising every word that Avery has said around here? I think we all know you don't like our team. That's great! You hate Hollweg, as well, and again -- we all know that. If you were a bit unbiased on this, your opinion would hold a bit more weight (I, for the record, think you're a pretty good guy around here).

Old
03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
vlh1220

I can't believe some people are making such a big deal about Hollweg's hit on Simon. Yes it's a borderline call, but it is a hit that you see almost on a nightly basis in the NHL, especially in a hard hitting rivalry game with 2 teams that hate each other. Avery commented that he takes that kind of hit 3 and 4 times a game and I would have to agree. He takes some of the worst hits along the boards and they rarely get called.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:00 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlh1220 View Post
I can't believe some people are making such a big deal about Hollweg's hit on Simon. Yes it's a borderline call, but it is a hit that you see almost on a nightly basis in the NHL, especially in a hard hitting rivalry game with 2 teams that hate each other. Avery commented that he takes that kind of hit 3 and 4 times a game and I would have to agree. He takes some of the worst hits along the boards and they rarely get called.
It's called diversion ...a nice trick lawyers and politicians use to divert your attention from the main subject because it can not be defended morally.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Actually, he should have enough brains to just not comment about the hit. If he doesn't comment, there's no issue. A guy who threw a lot of borderline hits has no right showing his clearly biased opinion. He just looks like a bozo.
Lou already called you out for it, and I'll do it again. When has Daneyko ever crossed the line? If he threw so many of them in his career, surely you'd be able to recall one. If not, I think we can honestly say that he played his position like a lot of the other defenders did in the dead puck era.
Quote:
Do you see me praising every word that Avery has said around here? I think we all know you don't like our team. That's great! You hate Hollweg, as well, and again -- we all know that. If you were a bit unbiased on this, your opinion would hold a bit more weight (I, for the record, think you're a pretty good guy around here).
I never singled you out for it because you're a bit more rational. I'm simply saying that there are a lot of people that fluff Avery every time he runs his mouth to the reporters. You're not one of them. As for me being biased, it goes both ways. You're a Rangers fan who loves Hollweg, and his reckless style of play. If you were unbiased, your opinion would hold a bit more weight.

//I liked your Joe Thornton choking avatar better.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
C'mon, Lou. Dano didn't do anything THAT bad to REMEMBER specific incidents.
But yet he's a dirty player.

Quote:
But he was known as a guy that would do anything for his team -- and he occasionally took liberties with players in front of the net or in the corners. I'm not saying it's bad because the Rangers have had those players, too.

I could care less what he should or shouldn't be talking about, but when you brand someone a dirty player your suggesting that he's one out to purposely hurt an opponent. Now Dano might have done chippy, physical, aggressive, feisty or whatever, but one thing he never was is dirty.

Save that word for the Ulf Samuelsson, Claude Lemieux and Chris Simon's of the hockey world.

03-14-2007, 10:05 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
this is the same class act who after the Devils won the Cup in 2003 said that he was still bitterly disappointed about not winning in 2001 and screw Ray Bourque and his quest for the cup, "WE WOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED A DYNASTY"

Dirty during his career and dirty after his career.
Wait what? You find fault in Daneyko because he was dissapointed that they lost out on a dynasty by one game? Are you serious?

And right or wrong (wrong here IMO) Dano is a hockey analysist and he has the right to share his opinions no matter how moronic they are. If you dont like them, then ignore them; see Fischler, Stan and the entire Islanders announce crew.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
He also said Cam Jansen's hit wasn't dirty...his hatred for the Rangers is taking over his common sense.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:08 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Maybe we should sent Manny Malhotra to visit Ken.....

Talking about cheap shot artist...did Ken address any cheap shot artist presently playing on the devils?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ic_RC6kqQY

Old
03-14-2007, 10:11 PM
DarthSather99

LOL ...didn't Danyko say that Malhotra sucker punched him or something to that effect? then made threatening remarks about future meetings after the game . ...

Old
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
But yet he's a dirty player.
Never said he was. Said he made the occasional border line or cheap hit. Never called him dirty (and I don't think he WAS a dirty player), so don't you go accusing me of calling him a dirty player. But if you deny that he didn't throw a lot of borderline hits in his career, than I think you're a BIIIIT biased .

Quote:
I could care less what he should or shouldn't be talking about, but when you brand someone a dirty player your suggesting that he's one out to purposely hurt an opponent. Now Dano might have done chippy, physical, aggressive, feisty or whatever, but one thing he never was is dirty.

Save that word for the Ulf Samuelsson, Claude Lemieux and Chris Simon's of the hockey world.
Agreed with everything here (though I don't think I'd ever have called Simon a dirty player before this incident). And again, I never said he was a DIRTY player.

Old
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Doesn't matter who the source is, the hit was on the numbers and therefore a dirty hit. Daneyko was right.
it's only dirty if he hits him on the numbers on the back of the jersey.

Old
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM
GarretJoseph*

A bar of soap would clean this thread up.

Old
03-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I must have missed when Ken Daneyko became credible

Old
03-15-2007, 12:58 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

You know what I love?

How it's ok for these Islander and Devil fans to say Hollweg milked it or put a cheap shot on Simon, but they all forget who got hit in the face with the stick, and the minute one of their own is brought to question, they cry foul.

Daneyko has no credibility, and his opinion is a joke. He is nothing more than a Horse's Ass. Keep on pretending that you're some hockey guru to a fanbase of about 100, and shut your mouth about Hollweg. The same guy who basically crapped on Ray Bourque after he won the cup... what a ****ing joke.

So opposing fans, put up, or shut up.

Take the checks, and face the facts, Hollweg wasn't to blame.

Old
03-15-2007, 01:01 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
That's interesting. I always just thought Ken Daneyko was a moron.

Good to know it's been validated.

Old
03-15-2007, 03:02 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I dunno, I can see what Daneyko is saying: Hollweg's hit was borderline. From Hollweg's perspective, he lined up Simon from the side and hit him hard with his shoulder -- nothing cheap. From Simon's perspective, Hollweg caught him as he was turned to the boards and he went face-first into the glass -- cheap.

People shouldn't go attacking Daneyko, who was, as Jon says, an old-fashioned warrior and a great player. He's entitled to his opinion on the Hollweg hit. Whatever he achieved or didn't achieve in his career, he knows hockey and he's in a position to publicly comment on it.

IT DOESN'T MATTER! What Simon did next is absolutely inexcusable! He took a baseball swing with his hockey stick. Regardless of his better nature, at that moment, his only thought was to hurt or injure Ryan Hollweg. Chris Simon was in the wrong and nothing Ryan Hollweg did before his actions changes that. END OF STORY.

Old
03-15-2007, 05:01 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

?If that was a cheap hit,then the majority of the hits in the NHL are cheap hits.I see Daneyko with Steve Cangeliosi and Stan Fischler.He is always crying about the lack of hitting in the NHL.No contact league.I guess Kenny prefers the Scott Stevens specials where the opposing player is blindsided and ends up with a concussion.Then Stevens cries like a little school girl when the player is seriously hurt.Come on

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-15-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old
03-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Never said he was. Said he made the occasional border line or cheap hit. Never called him dirty (and I don't think he WAS a dirty player), so don't you go accusing me of calling him a dirty player. But if you deny that he didn't throw a lot of borderline hits in his career, than I think you're a BIIIIT biased .

Agreed with everything here (though I don't think I'd ever have called Simon a dirty player before this incident). And again, I never said he was a DIRTY player.
You didn't say it was dirty Jon, but when I disagreed to someone saying Dano was a dirty player, you said this:

Quote:
I actually disagree. I would've loved Dano on our team, but the guy crosschecked, slashed, hacked, hit high sometimes, etc. The guy was a warrior but he crossed the line with his hits a lot as well. Not that it was bad for your team, however.
How else would I interpret your response?

Closed Thread