HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Will the Preds keep Jason York and Andreas Johansson at the end of the season?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 05:10 AM
The Lord of Nashville

vCash: 500
Will the Preds keep Jason York and Andreas Johansson at the end of the season?

Hi guys

In your opinion, will the Preds keep York and Johansson at the end of the season?

And...who are the Preds players who could be traded before the end of the season?

I'm curious to have your answers

Last edited by The Lord of Nashville: 12-18-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old
12-18-2003, 05:31 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

One of the two will be traded if we are out of the playoffs, at the deadline (IMO). I'm not sure, though. AJ works so hard and is great for this club.........when he is healthy. Can we afford to dock so much on a guy that plays about 50 games for us a year??? I wouldn't mind resigning York, but at what cost? 2 million is too high.......he would most likely have to lower the salary quite a bit.

Old
12-18-2003, 05:56 AM
The Lord of Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
One of the two will be traded if we are out of the playoffs, at the deadline (IMO). I'm not sure, though. AJ works so hard and is great for this club.........when he is healthy. Can we afford to dock so much on a guy that plays about 50 games for us a year??? I wouldn't mind resigning York, but at what cost? 2 million is too high.......he would most likely have to lower the salary quite a bit.
I completely agree with you. AJ is great....but he's too many injured. That's why i wonder if he will stay long with us. Moreover, if there's a lock-out.... he'll probably go back to Sweden (like Forsberg or Naslund will do).

About York...according to me, his future is on question. With younger defensemen who emerge (Hamhuis, Eaton, Zidlicky...), i wonder if he's useful for the team anymore. He provides experience and leadersgip to the team but...Kimmo Timonen, provides that too...and, when Hamhuis will be completely ready...i'm not sure, Jason will have his place in Nashville.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:46 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
both are gone at the end of the season IMO. If Johanson could stay healthy I'd love for him to stay but the bottom line is the guy is to injury prone. Another guy that might be gone is Rem Murray or maybe even Scott Walker. I really wanna keep Walker but I don't know if Murray will be asked back. If Upshall is developing and for that matter what If Timofei is developing. Stevenson could be gone also next year. Dang we got a lot of people that could be gone. I think I just way over analyzed the topic and not even all that well at that

Old
12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of Nashville
Hi guys

In your opinion, will the Preds keep York and Johansson at the end of the season?

And...who are the Preds players who could be traded before the end of the season?

I'm curious to have your answers
I think AJ is out of here. From a roster standpoint, you can't rely on a guy that keeps getting injured for your top line. And some of the younger guys are stepping up in his absence, so I see the youth movement contuing.

We have a logjam at defense. Schnabel seems designated as the big crease clearer. Hutch may be ready for prime time next year, too. So I think York is outta here, too. Just a number of bodies situation. York has just about regained last year's form when he was really strong on the blueline, so he could be trade deadline bait.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:53 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
We have a logjam at defense.
We have several dman prospects that will likely be AHLers next year (Suter, Klein, Stehlik, Mukhachev). And we already have Hutch and Safronov already there. Any one of those guys could make a run at an NHL spot.

Our 'set in stone' defense for next year seems to be...

Eaton
Timonen
Hamhuis
Schnabel
Zidlicky

We have 6 legit prospects vying for that final spot. Damn, if someone like Mukhachev/Hutch makes it, our Dcore at the start of next season will look like this...

Eaton - 27 years old
Timonen - 29 years old
Hamhuis - 21 years old
Schnabel - 27 years old
Zidlicky - 27 years old
Mukhachev - 24 years old
Hutchinson - 24 years old

That's an average age of 25.5 years old with these guys immediately in the wings.

Klein - 19 years old
Stehlik - 20 years old
Suter - 19 years old
Safronov - 23 years old

Well, Suter, depending on which route he chooses to take, might be waiting in the wings. I would imagine we would attempt to sign him, but if he wants to stay in Wisconsin for one more year, we won't stop him. For those of you wondering why I didn't include Shea Weber in all of this, Shea is almost a full year younger than most players drafted in 2003. Like Tootoo, he'll be forced to play 2 seasons in the Dub (after his draft year) before he can play in the AHL. Klein and Stehlik are older (by 8 months and 14 months respectively) and after this WHL season, I think they are eligible to play in Milwaukee.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:47 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Both gone for the reasons stated.

Old
12-19-2003, 06:44 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

York can't be gone soon enough for me!!!!! He was a pylon on the PK last night vs. the Habs.

Old
12-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

-Hillbilly.

I'd love for Rem Murry to stay. He can play as a 4th line or 3rd line center, is excellent on the PK, can provide some veteran leadership, and this year he has really stepped it up offensively. Pollie really ought to try and resign him if it is possible IMO.

Old
12-19-2003, 09:49 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
-Hillbilly.

I'd love for Rem Murry to stay. He can play as a 4th line or 3rd line center, is excellent on the PK, can provide some veteran leadership, and this year he has really stepped it up offensively. Pollie really ought to try and resign him if it is possible IMO.
I too like Rem. He is a great PKer. I think York could be gone if he doesn't take a pay cut. Walker will be here I think unless a team over-pays for him, and we are out of the playoff hunt. AJ will be back because of his salary...he is cheap, and when you're cheap and fairly productive, you have a place on this team.

Closed Thread