HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would Edmonton and Washington ever trade

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 05:39 PM
GorillazXL

vCash: 500
Would Edmonton and Washington ever trade

it sounds like McPhee is looking to revamp his roster and would love nothing more then to move Jagr out of Washington. If he does keep this plan and move Jagr, would Comrie be a good fit in Washington? They already have Bondra and Lang, but Comrie would provide some punch for a possible number two line. it looks like the going price for Comrie is two first rounders (Ana.: Perry + 1st Rounder).

Replace Perry with Eric Fehr and include washington's 1st pick of 2004... To sweeten the trade some more include one of Laraque/Horcoff/Chimera + oilers 2nd 2004 for Steve Eminger.

Takers?

GXL

Old
12-13-2003, 05:44 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
it sounds like McPhee is looking to revamp his roster and would love nothing more then to move Jagr out of Washington. If he does keep this plan and move Jagr, would Comrie be a good fit in Washington? They already have Bondra and Lang, but Comrie would provide some punch for a possible number two line. it looks like the going price for Comrie is two first rounders (Ana.: Perry + 1st Rounder).

Replace Perry with Eric Fehr and include washington's 1st pick of 2004... To sweeten the trade some more include one of Laraque/Horcoff/Chimera + oilers 2nd 2004 for Steve Eminger.

Takers?

GXL

Definite interest. I don't know anything about Eric Fehr, but Washington's 1st round pick could be pretty high (no offense...)

The sticking point in the deal with Anaheim was cash. Lowe wants money to spend in a separate deal to bring in a player that can help the team right now. If the Capitals could send some jack and/or take a salary off our hands, that'd probably help get it done.

As for Horcoff, Chimera, and Laraque, I'm certain that they'd be available in a deal.

Old
12-13-2003, 05:48 PM
H-Bear

Well, it's a good idea, however, I very sincerely believe that WAS will not be trading away any of their quality D-men. They are fielding a pretty thin defensive core right now.

Comrie for Oullett??

Old
12-13-2003, 05:50 PM
WFHACommish

Even though the going price seems to be perry and 1st...Klowe found that highly unfair. I think he agreed to the deal to lure Comrie into seeing what he would sign for to another team. $1.65M per season for the next two years. With that, Lowe got dirty and demanded $2.35M from Comrie. I'm not sure whether Lowe knew Comrie wouldn't pay for it, but it sure did stall the trade.

That to me was a stoke of genius, as it did spark re-newed interest in Comrie. So I doubt Perry and 1st would be the going price anymore.

With that being said, Eminger could be a possibility, but wouldn't be the centrepiece. I wouldn't mind seeing Nylander come over along with him for Comrie and something.

Old
12-13-2003, 06:21 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i dont think its fair to say that the anaheim deal wasn't enough as it could have been. i think another reason why lowe asked the money could have been because it was a western conference team and that he was getting a shoddy offer with comrie saying no to everything else. i think lowe knew that he could get that deal from murray anytime he wanted so why not put himself back into the driving seat and see what others offers cud come in for him. he took a risk as it DID renew interest

Old
12-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Hemsky01

I can't really speak for Perry but Eric Fehr will turn out to be a great player. I have seen him play twice this year and both times he was great. Big kid, works hard, excellent goal scorers shot, and great character(I know some of his family)! And he comes from the town I grew up in so I might be a little bias ! I would take Fehr and a 1st rounder for comrie before Perry because:
1. I like Fehr better than Perry.
2. Washington in the Eastern conference, Comrie can't hurt us, but then again, we can't sic Georges on Comrie.

If we could somehow expand the deal to include Eminger, I wouldn't even need anything for Christmas !

Old
12-14-2003, 07:38 AM
GorillazXL

So I posted this trade idea to the Wash. HF group...need I say it was not popular. They were somewhat interested but when I threw in the idea of Eminger (I think this kid could be something, he was great last year at the WJC) I think it pissed them off. They were interested in a veteran Dman... Could we part with J.Smith? personally...No.

What about just Comrie for Fehr + 1st rounder 2004? Would it be worth it?

GXL

Old
12-14-2003, 07:49 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
So I posted this trade idea to the Wash. HF group...need I say it was not popular. They were somewhat interested but when I threw in the idea of Eminger (I think this kid could be something, he was great last year at the WJC) I think it pissed them off. They were interested in a veteran Dman... Could we part with J.Smith? personally...No.

GXL
There is just no way we suit up as D trading partners. Our D depth is mediocre, while theirs is terrible.

As for the proposed Comrie for Fehr + 1st in 2004; that would be an absolute steal for us. Fehr is a good prospect, and that 1st is looking to be a good one .

Old
12-14-2003, 07:51 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:

GXL
Have you seen where Washington is in the standings? You bet it's worth it. That first rounder could be something special.

Old
12-14-2003, 10:10 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
if the caps end up in the top 10 heck i'd do comrie for their first straight!

Closed Thread