HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Season's Over Already!!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 02:48 AM
RattledSABRE

vCash: 500
Season's Over Already!!!

Well it's been a fun ride this year.There was much hope in the summer with new acquisitions and a playoff spot was the goal for the year.Tonights game typified the Sabres season.A game that was theirs for the taking was wrapped in a bow and placed under Minnesota's Christmas tree courtesy of Mika Noronen.I mean how do you win when some nights there is no goaltending, no effort , poor coaching, no defence , no special teams, it's ridiculous.The only hope heading into the new year is if they win 5 of their next 7.They have to win the home and home's with the Canes and Caps and beat Pittsburgh and I assume they would lose to Ottawa and Jersey just because they know how to play hockey.That would leave us one game under .500 going into the new year and a little hope as well.Do I think that will happen? No I do not,not with this current roster.And for those of you who think it is too early to write them off, tell me when you would as these guys have not shown me anything much in the heart category lately and even though it is December how long do you sit back and watch your closest competitors keep picking up points on you?Time for the Ovechkin sweepstakes,here's hoping the Sabres get one bounce this year!
(And the one off Mika's goalstick to the Wild tonight doesn't count)

Old
12-14-2003, 03:17 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

The season is far from over.

But it is becoming painfully obvious that changes need to be made or this team won't go anywhere again this year.

Old
12-14-2003, 04:56 AM
Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
The season is far from over.

But it is becoming painfully obvious that changes need to be made or this team won't go anywhere again this year.

This is a bad losing streak and people are frustrated but I agree it is far from over. Unless the gm decides to get his head out of his arse it may be over.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattledSABRE
The only hope heading into the new year is if they win 5 of their next 7.They have to win the home and home's with the Canes and Caps and beat Pittsburgh and I assume they would lose to Ottawa and Jersey just because they know how to play hockey.That would leave us one game under .500 going into the new year and a little hope as well.
I think a more realistic expectation would be to beat Ottawa and Jersey and drop the other 5. :p

Closed Thread