HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers call up Callahan and Liffiton

Old
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2756

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Excellent. More Kids. I love it.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
03/14/2007 Dave Liffiton (D) Hartford DEL Recalled from loan by N.Y. Rangers/NHL
03/14/2007 Ryan Callahan (RW) Hartford DEL Recalled from loan by N.Y. Rangers
http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transacti...&f_team_id=307

The Rangers haven't announced the Callahan call up

Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman David Liffiton has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2756

But Renney did hint about a forward being called up

Quote:
Renney said the Rangers also have discussed a forward callup...
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Excellent. More Kids. I love it.
me too, if dubinsky forces the rangers to play him like Girardi did, maybe Immonen is on the move in offseason. maybe Liffiton can make malik expendable.

Old
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
GarretJoseph*

OH BABY ITS CALLAHAN TIME... I'm excited now... ohhhhhhhhhhh

Old
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Glad to see the Callahan callup (it it's true)... We need the offense bad..Sit Orr (or Hollweg for that matter)...Callahan will provide Renney with alot of flexibility that Orr won't...He can play on 2nd, 3rd or 4th line...Isbister can be moved around and do the same...or even Orts dropped down to play on an HBO line...It's all about points right now..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
danman1202

It took awhile, but here's another young player. Too bad it was necessity that forced these moves rather than the Rangers being proactive.

danman1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:08 PM
WestsideNYR

Orr

needs to be in the lineup. We are not getting points once other teams start batterng us on the ice. Isbister sits, no one else. He hasn't produced point despite playing top line minutes. Let's see what Cally can do in that spot. It's unfortunate that Dawes has been given an opportunity.

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
It took awhile, but here's another young player. Too bad it was necessity that forced these moves rather than the Rangers being proactive.
Butthat is usually the case, and Cally, Dubi, Girardi etc were all doing quite fine and developing nicely in Hartford where the Rangers were gettingthem ready for the NHL...Persoanlly, I'd rather see Shanny and Hossa then the likes of Callahan/Dubi and Isbister right now because they would have provided a better shot at the POs--which it is all about right now..That being saind, Dubi, Girardi and Isbioster have done fine..

Old
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Glad to see the Callahan callup (it it's true)... We need the offense bad..Sit Orr (or Hollweg for that matter)...Callahan will provide Renney with alot of flexibility that Orr won't...He can play on 2nd, 3rd or 4th line...Isbister can be moved around and do the same...or even Orts dropped down to play on an HBO line...It's all about points right now..
I would think that Dawes should have been called up. He's a scorer isn't he, and while he didn't get much ice time the first time around, he didn't look out of place either.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
The Callahan call up could be similiar to the Nigel Dawes call up.The Rangers brought Dawes to NY just in case Jagr couldn't play on Sunday

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Garv23

I know how Calahan plays but I know nothing about Liffiton. Apparantly he's pretty tough stay at home d-man? Real curious about this guy. Hope he provides a spark.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
needs to be in the lineup. We are not getting points once other teams start batterng us on the ice. Isbister sits, no one else. He hasn't produced point despite playing top line minutes. Let's see what Cally can do in that spot. It's unfortunate that Dawes has been given an opportunity.
The team is playing decent and hard..But the points we are not getting is because we are not scoring enough goals, we need a little more offense,..This is PO hockey right now, it's all about desire, hunger, speed and talent..Cally or Dawes provides a much better chance of contreibuting to this ....

Old
03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Callahan call up could be similiar to the Nigel Dawes call up.The Rangers brought Dawes to NY just in case Jagr couldn't play on Sunday
Could very well be and Renney wants to stick with the status quo barring injuries..I could live with that but also think a little speed/offense in the form of Cally/Dawes could help a little too...

Old
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
blue2noise

Lets hope Renney plays him.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Lets hope Renney plays him.
maybe Straka Dubinsky Callahan line

Avery Nylander Jagr

Prucha Cullen Ortmeyer

Hollweg Betts Isbister

Old
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
GarretJoseph*

What I wouldn't mind seeing.

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Dubinsky - Callahan (The Kid Line!)
Avery - Cullen - Ortmeyer
Hollweg - Betts - Orr (HBO Line!)
* Isbister can sit.

Malik - Rozsival
Mara - Liffiton
Pock - Girardi

Lundqvist/Valiquette

Injured -

Shanahan
Hossa
Tyutin
Rachunek
Weeks

Old
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
RFAN

My fear is if Callahan is playing that it means Straka can't. Which to me is a bad thing.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Please tell me we didn't get hit with another injury last night. I saw the Rachunek mcl sprain, seems to be a pattern with our team, so I get the Lifiton call up, but why Callahan? I know Straka's shoulder is killing him, so is Callahan gonna take his spot? Otherwise Im not sure who he's getting called up to replace. Like a previous poster said, is it just to get him up here so he can practice with the team and cover for Straka if he can't go? I guess we have 2 days to figure it out

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
TheRedressor

I would prefer having a healthy Ryan Callahan over a Martin Straka with one good shoulder.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
I would prefer having a healthy Ryan Callahan over a Martin Straka with one good shoulder.
Might as well see what the kid has...though you know he'll only get about 6 minutes of playing time first game out of the box.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

maybe Renney will wise up and give these kids the ice time they deserve. He was forced into giving it to Girardi who I think is playing great, all things considered. And in the couple of games I have seen from Dubinsky he has done nothing to dissapoint. So maybe he lets Callahan do his thing and give him proper ice time for a top 2 line winger, not treat him like a Colton Orr

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Balej20*

So is there any word yet on who he will be playing for? Or is this just a Dawes call up all over again?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
TheRedressor

All I have to say is that the 2004 perge may be saving the Rangers season right now. All great playoff teams run with interchangeable parts. These young players thusfar have proven to be exactly what the Dr. ordered.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
maybe Renney will wise up and give these kids the ice time they deserve. He was forced into giving it to Girardi who I think is playing great, all things considered. And in the couple of games I have seen from Dubinsky he has done nothing to dissapoint. So maybe he lets Callahan do his thing and give him proper ice time for a top 2 line winger, not treat him like a Colton Orr
The call for the young and inexperienced to be allowed to jump right into the lion's den and get the opportunity to learn on the job is something that is of great benefit to those rookies and the future of the organization. I would equally love to see guys like Dubinsky, Dawes, Callahan get that opportunity.

However, let's look at it from a different perspective. Guys like Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Malik, and Cullen have been working their ***** off all season for the opportunity to play in the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup. When a regular goes down with an injury (i.e. Hossa, Tyutin, Shannahan, Rachunek, Straka) we scream for management to give the kids a chance. But what kind of respect does that show to our other regulars who still so badly want to make the playoffs. Some of you might argue that the kids are just as capable as the guys who go down, but thats simply not true. The regulars do NOT want to sit on the bench during meaningful moments at the end of the season in such a close race for the last playoff spot, regardless of how important it is for the future of the organization. If anything they want to be double-shifted and take in more responsibility.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote