HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Steve

vCash: 500
Lindros

Apprently he's being shopped around the league. I'm a firm believer that he would be a great addition in Toronto, I think he could turn his career back around. There is no way that a talent like Lindros can just become what he has. There is apprently little interest for him according to spectorshockey.net and thefourthperiod so would something like;

Lindros for Antropov and a 2nd work?

Leafs take on salary, both are injury prone and the 2nd becasue Lindros could turn it around.

U think this could work? Or do you think the leafs should go after him when he's a UFA at the end of this year? We all know he'll be knocking at Toronto's door!

Old
12-16-2003, 08:29 AM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Apprently he's being shopped around the league. I'm a firm believer that he would be a great addition in Toronto, I think he could turn his career back around. There is no way that a talent like Lindros can just become what he has. There is apprently little interest for him according to spectorshockey.net and thefourthperiod so would something like;

Lindros for Antropov and a 2nd work?

Leafs take on salary, both are injury prone and the 2nd becasue Lindros could turn it around.

U think this could work? Or do you think the leafs should go after him when he's a UFA at the end of this year? We all know he'll be knocking at Toronto's door!
Lindros isn't worth Antropov period right now.Why give up anything for him if we can get him this summer as a free agent

Old
12-16-2003, 08:35 AM
wasting time

I would add that the only rent-a-players the Leafs should go after would be the ones whom they intend to negotiate a longer term deal with while they are still an RFA.

In my books, that ain't Lindros.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:36 AM
9DiGiT-CODE

IMO he isn't what Toronto needs...

He is not what he use to be, which was a power forward. He is a sissy now, and really doesn't contribute much to the team other than occasional goal... Antropov already does that for us.

Antropov can also provide you with some tougness in the corners, and he has shown when healthy and confident in himself, that he can be a true force in the offensive zone.

The only problem with Antropov is that he is constantly getting injured, and so is Lindros for that matter... But why bother trading a young player, who doesn't have career theatening injuries, for one who could easily end up out of the NHL if he so much as bumps his head?

I don't think it would be a wise move at all. Maybee I would have said differently when he was on the Flyers and wanted out... but since then he has turned himself into the most useless player making over 5 million dollars...

Last edited by 9DiGiT-CODE: 12-16-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old
12-16-2003, 08:43 AM
wasting time

I don't know how this Antropov thing happened...I think it was a hang over from a suggested trade by sluggo, but I would not trade Antropov for Lindros ever.

It is amazing how well the trade that did not happen has been for the Leafs. Can you imagine Lindros for Kaberle and Antropov? Oi.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:26 AM
leafaholix*

I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

If the Leafs want him, they can get him in the offseason.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Stephen

He's an impending UFA, so I think a 4th rounder and Ponikarovsky is pretty fair. I mean, this is a guy who has just reached the 5 goal plateau.

Old
12-16-2003, 11:02 AM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

If the Leafs want him, they can get him in the offseason.
yes, the Leafs could get him in the offseason, but that wont help us make a run for the cup. We need someone this year since this is our last chance at the cup...IMO Antropov is highly over rated, and is too injury prone. Lindros has 4-5 points under a PPG and is a big presence on the PP. I would trade ANtro straight up for Lindros if i got the chance, but not anything else like Stajan, Carlo, etc

Old
12-16-2003, 12:11 PM
The Jerk

We need a d-man, I say address our biggest needs first eh?

Old
12-16-2003, 12:36 PM
King of Kelvington

We need defense not another distraction, besides Sather would ask for more from the buds than he would from any other team...we'll get him next year.

Old
12-16-2003, 03:46 PM
sluggo*

Lindros isn't worth Antropov period right now.Why give up anything for him if we can get him this summer as a free agent

Because then he won't help the Leafs win now, hes also a proven preformer, Antropov isn't.

I would add that the only rent-a-players the Leafs should go after would be the ones whom they intend to negotiate a longer term deal with while they are still an RFA

Why isn't that Lindros, after this season the Leafs are going to lose a lot of their vets, he could be a big help to the team past this year.

We need a d-man, I say address our biggest needs first eh

Antropov isn't going to land the Leafs the D-man they need, to get that D-man they'll have to give up someone like Steen, Colaiacovo or Kaberle and a first rounder at least. And its very possible that Lindros could end up in Washington and thats hwo the Leafs get him from, its possible they could get both Lindros and Gonchar (though Id oubt they'd move Gonchar if they move Jagr).

Old
12-16-2003, 05:04 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo

Because then he won't help the Leafs win now, hes also a proven preformer, Antropov isn't.

I would add that the only rent-a-players the Leafs should go after would be the ones whom they intend to negotiate a longer term deal with while they are still an RFA

Why isn't that Lindros, after this season the Leafs are going to lose a lot of their vets, he could be a big help to the team past this year.

We need a d-man, I say address our biggest needs first eh

Antropov isn't going to land the Leafs the D-man they need, to get that D-man they'll have to give up someone like Steen, Colaiacovo or Kaberle and a first rounder at least. And its very possible that Lindros could end up in Washington and thats hwo the Leafs get him from, its possible they could get both Lindros and Gonchar (though Id oubt they'd move Gonchar if they move Jagr).
I can't bother responding to this dribble.
you're just nuts.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:39 PM
sluggo*

I can't bother responding to this dribble.
you're just nuts.

So basically you can't respond to anything I've said but don't want to admit it.

Closed Thread