HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q Ranked 14th by Fourth Period's Wyshynski

Old
03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
SakicAllStar

vCash: 500
Q Ranked 14th by Fourth Period's Wyshynski

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/colum...wyshynski.html

Thought some people might like to see it. Really means nothing.

SakicAllStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I always thought Q was a good coach. Colorado's management just needs to give him better team to work with. Sure Q has his problems though.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Q rewards hard work and plays with a short leash on every player. Think of it this way, his approach to the game and demanding a lot from the players led to Laaksonen being sent down and Theodore sitting on the bench. Two good things, I think everyone can agree on.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Golden Foppa

I stopped reading this when I saw "just pass it to Kurri." Wayne Gretzky knows a lot more about hockey than the guy who comprised this list and that quote is ridiculous. The all-time leader in goals scored did a lot more than "just pass it to Kurri."

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 05:46 PM
rozier24

Send a message via MSN to rozier24
Good for Q. I think he should be a little higher. I don't think our struggles are a result of coaching just rebuilding. Although he could use some work on how he treats his goalies.

rozier24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozier24 View Post
Good for Q. I think he should be a little higher. I don't think our struggles are a result of coaching just rebuilding. Although he could use some work on how he treats his goalies.
With other coach we would be still riding Theo and we would be about 20-30 points out of playoffs. He has done pretty good job with goalies (in long-run..)

Old
03-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozier24 View Post
I don't think Q is a bad coach either, or blame him for much outside of the way he handles the goaltending, but when you look at how this team is playing now, versus the whole year, it's drastically different, and there hasn't been any real personel change. I don't think you can say we're a better team without Leo and Skrastins. That would mean that the team is playing better. So there is an argument that can be made about asking why it took this long for Q to adjust the style of play, and get the team to play harder, and smarter?

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
rozier24

Send a message via MSN to rozier24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
With other coach we would be still riding Theo and we would be about 20-30 points out of playoffs. He has done pretty good job with goalies (in long-run..)
I agree on that move, just for the last two years it seems as if he tries to play games with the goalies. If they lost, they sit. Playing time should be about your play not necessarily team result. Dont get me wrong, big Q fan here.

rozier24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
No offense but that is a ridiculous statement. We very well could be worse off like you said, but saying that is just as big an assumption as saying Theo would have found his game with a little more playing time and confidence from his coach. No one knows for sure. Q made his decision, and luckily for the team Budaj has really stepped up his play.

Old
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
No offense but that is a ridiculous statement. We very well could be worse off like you said, but saying that is just as big an assumption as saying Theo would have found his game with a little more playing time and confidence from his coach.
I think people have seen more than enough Theodore. He's not gonna work here.

Theo had his great moments(periods), but there's reason why he hasn't had shutout in last 2 seasons.

Old
03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
SakicAllStar

Quote:
Thats an unfair statement. You cant really tell how he wouldve played given the chance to start a consecutive number of games. But, lets not talk about goaltending, thats for the offseason.

SakicAllStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Lunachicken

Send a message via MSN to Lunachicken
Quote:
Dump him, and he'll be gobbled up faster than a Thanksgiving turkey at Ken Hitchcock's house.

Lets hope by one of our rivals.

Lunachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I think people have seen more than enough Theodore. He's not gonna work here.

Theo had his great moments(periods), but there's reason why he hasn't had shutout in last 2 seasons.
That's not what I was saying. I don't think he'll work here at this point either. What you were saying is that if we had another coach who hadn't given up on Theo after a month, we would be even further out of the playoffs. I don't see how you can state something like that matter of factly. I can just as easily make a statement like "if we had a coach that gave Theo a chance from the begining we might not have lost all those games in the middle of the sesaon that lead to us being out of the playoffs in the first place." It just seems to me that there are so many variables at play and possibilties, that no one has even close enough of an idea to say one or the other, matter of factly.