HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Baby-B's have the best chance at making it next year?

Old
03-17-2007, 11:12 AM
HamiltonBruins*

vCash: 500
Which Baby-B's have the best chance at making it next year?

All the way over here in Hamilton, Ontario, all I get to see is Hamilton Bulldog hockey which is great but it's rough watching all the Canadiens prospects on a regular basis.

My question is this: For those of you able to watch Providence regularly, who has the best shot at making our club next season, assuming there will be a spot on defense and a spot at forward to be filled.

HamiltonBruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
neelynugs

if i had to choose one forward and one D, i'd go with:

kalus and stuart...

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:36 AM
CTBoyntonFan44

Send a message via AIM to CTBoyntonFan44 Send a message via Yahoo to CTBoyntonFan44
Kalus, Krejci, and Lashoff are the first names that come to mind, although there are several more that should get a look.

CTBoyntonFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
IMO Krejci and Stuart. But I prefer Lashoff over Stuart, But stuart may be the most ready for regular NHL duty.

Bruinster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
kalus for sure, he almost made the team 2 years in a row and has played great hockey this year in providence.

last night he had 2 minors. 1 was because he was in front of the net and the defenseman didn't like him being close to the goalie after the whistle, so he pushed Kalus. Kalus then completely LEVELED the defenseman and got called for roughing.

he also had an interference penalty in the 3rd period which was bogus. He leveled a guy by the boards but the guy didn't have control of the puck. The puck WAS in the area.

The point is, the kid plays with an edge. He will be a great addition to the B's lineup next season

Mark Stuart really does play with an edge too. He is constantly getting under the other teams skin and never shies away from body contact. We haven't seen the true Mark Stuart in Boston yet because I think he really simplified his game so he wouldn't make any mistakes. When he gets more games in and he gets more comfortable, you guys will all see what he is capable of.

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Todd Elik

Send a message via AIM to Todd Elik
I would like to see them bring up Lucic, hes the type of player you could start off on the 4th line and work his way up. I know hes not a "baby B" but hes in the system.

Todd Elik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
HamiltonBruins*

I remember all the Canadian media all over Stuart during the World Juniors a few years back. He laid a Canadian player out with a dirty elbow and got booed every time he touched the puck after that game.

We need more of that in Boston.

HamiltonBruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonBruins View Post
I remember all the Canadian media all over Stuart during the World Juniors a few years back. He laid a Canadian player out with a dirty elbow and got booed every time he touched the puck after that game.

I think there has been a few too many boos already this year.

Last edited by Rookie Chargers: 03-17-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: bold text
Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Ratty

P-Bs Ready for 07-08 Promotion

This is the time of the season, all too regularly it seems, when, instead of speculating on our first round playoff opponents we plan for the draft and for next year.

Along those lines, your opinions on who will be promoted from Providence for a regular job in Boston for 2007-2008? Some stats:

Player Games Goals Assists Total
Forwards

David Krejci 59 26 38 64
Petr Kalus 40 13 17 30
Martins Karsums 51 13 21 34
Ben Walters 62 22 34 56

Defencemen

Matt Lashoff 53 10 21 31
Jon Sigalet 50 9 13 24
Mark Stuart 42 4 13 17

Goaltenders
Games Min GA Avg

Hannu Toivonen 17 970 39 2.41
Jordan Sigalet 24 1269 61 2.83

Consider not only the promotees but whom they would replace on the current roster.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

I'd like to see soem other stats, like GIveaways/Takeaways, Hits and Shots on goal before I made a decision. Points are misleading, especially when we aren't takign into account the Powerplay-specific points.

SOrry to not have an actual response to your post, which I think is a good one. Hopefully someone who's seen more of the PB's can offer up some better insight.

doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:11 PM
neelynugs

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...t=kalus+stuart

Old
03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

kalus and stuart...
I hear that....I loved the way Stuart played his last game up here...I'm thinking he was about to turn the corner and I want to see him for a full season up here....

Kalus really has me pumped. Gritty guy with some nice touch...

You think Karsums needs another year?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I hear that....I loved the way Stuart played his last game up here...I'm thinking he was about to turn the corner and I want to see him for a full season up here....

Kalus really has me pumped. Gritty guy with some nice touch...

You think Karsums needs another year?
absolutely. i'd like to see him play a full year on a scoring line and limit the injuries.

Old
03-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Stuart is 100% NHL-ready, and I'd love to see him take over a spot on our top-4 next year. Him and Andrew Alberts would make a great pairing.

Lashoff played decently during his call-ups, and has been improving his game a lot. However, he is still young. Unless he absolutely owns in training camp, I think it would be safe to give him another year down there to dominate, and call him up every now and then.

Sigalet does have NHL potential, but he needs at least another year down there. Another strong training camp will be good for him.

Kalus needs improve his durability. If he stays healthy, and has another solid training camp, he makes the team next year.

Krejci has shown he has the offensive abilities to succeed, but he needs to improve his defensive game a little bit more. He also needs to bulk up and get tougher. He got knocked around too much during his call-ups.

Karsums definitely needs another year in the AHL. But he's developing fast, despite his injury problems.

Walter and Thompson could be viable options for the 4th line next year. Walter has shown that he's a solid, safe player. And he can do some nice things with the puck if given the space. If Thompson has a knock-out training camp and the organization has faith in him, he could even see time on our checking line (even though I'd rather have Bergeron there).

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonBruins View Post

Actually that was 2 years ago and it was Jack Johnson who got the elbow up on Steve Downie.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

kalus and stuart...
See above.

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

He doesn't play in Providence, but if Vlad Sobotka comes over, I think he'll surprise

Duguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:03 PM
dabid

Phillipe Suave

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Krejci, Kalus, Lashoff, Stuart, Walter, Karsums, Sigalet - in that order based on my opinions.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
kalus for sure, he almost made the team 2 years in a row and has played great hockey this year in providence.

last night he had 2 minors. 1 was because he was in front of the net and the defenseman didn't like him being close to the goalie after the whistle, so he pushed Kalus. Kalus then completely LEVELED the defenseman and got called for roughing.

he also had an interference penalty in the 3rd period which was bogus. He leveled a guy by the boards but the guy didn't have control of the puck. The puck WAS in the area.

The point is, the kid plays with an edge. He will be a great addition to the B's lineup next season

Mark Stuart really does play with an edge too. He is constantly getting under the other teams skin and never shies away from body contact. We haven't seen the true Mark Stuart in Boston yet because I think he really simplified his game so he wouldn't make any mistakes. When he gets more games in and he gets more comfortable, you guys will all see what he is capable of.
Always love reading your updates Silva. Is Kalus healthy again? And how has Lashoff looked recently? I'm really counting on those guys to make the team next year.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFTW View Post
Stuart is 100% NHL-ready, and I'd love to see him take over a spot on our top-4 next year. Him and Andrew Alberts would make a great pairing.
Yeah? Are you basing that on how he looks now in the AHL or how he's looked when called up? What do other's think? I guess it's the "100%" that I take issue with. I think he might be ready, but I don't see it as a lock.

Anyway, I really hope Kalus makes the team next year...

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Silva

I'm not sure how healthy Kalus really is, but he is back in the lineup and he is buzzing everywhere.

Sometimes Lashoff looks GREAT but he still makes mistakes. He's loves to join the rush and looks natural but I still think he needs more time to perfect his game. Just last Friday, the B's were down by a goal and they pulled their goalie. They got a PP too so it was 6 on 4. Lashoff was set up BEAUTIFULLY with about 12 seconds left. Someone found him all alone. He was about 30 feet out from the net and attempted a one timer but completely misfired and the B's lost. I'm not saying it would go in, but you've got to get that on net. There are also times opponents beat him one on one in the defensive zone. However, he is oozing of talent and potential and will make an impact in the NHL eventually. I just think Stuart is more sound defensively and more NHL ready.

Old
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Yeah? Are you basing that on how he looks now in the AHL or how he's looked when called up? What do other's think? I guess it's the "100%" that I take issue with. I think he might be ready, but I don't see it as a lock.

Anyway, I really hope Kalus makes the team next year...
He has to get a chance eventually. He's played a couple of season in the AHL and it is time he gets a chance to break into the NHL for a full season, much like Alberts and Jurcina did last season. He may not look great every game, but I really think next season he is ready to be a full time NHLer.

Old
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
EmptyNetter

As an off the board pick, how do people feel about Jay Leach? Good size, good bit of experience -- I understand he's been serving as Providence's captain this season. Since Bobby Allen's been doing well I thought he'd be a good alternative to signing a York-like player for depth.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
As an off the board pick, how do people feel about Jay Leach? Good size, good bit of experience -- I understand he's been serving as Providence's captain this season. Since Bobby Allen's been doing well I thought he'd be a good alternative to signing a York-like player for depth.
I see him as career AHLer. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. No real offensive talent. Doesn't have great skating ability. Has huge size but doesn't use it effectively enough. Stuart, Lashoff, and Allen are all definitely ahead of him on the depth chart and I'd even say Dempsey when he was healthy and another career AHLer like Zinger is.