HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Vlad to NYC?

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 05:11 AM
Kluivert4Ever

vCash: 500
OT: Vlad to NYC?

Man would that be sweeeeeet heīs alot younger then Shef and he doesnīt have the ****** attitude plus heīs got the best arm in baseboll.
Steinbrenner and co owes us this after losing our hero.
Brown and Vlad would at least make me feel a little bit better after losing Andy the man.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Barnaby

Nothing with the Yanks would surprise me, but I dont see this happening.

1. Stienbrenner seems enamored with Sheffield who I DONT want. I just hope Sheff ticked him off enough that he wants nothing to do with him.

2. Vlad doesnt seem that tough. I think they question giving such big money to a guy that they arent sure can handle NY. It has to be a factor.... it wasnt with Weaver, Rodgers...etc and look how they turned out.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:24 AM
leafaholix*

He won't end up in New York City because the Yankees can't afford him.

He's demanding Alex Rodriguez type money.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin

1. Yanks can afford anyone if George wants them.

2. Noone will give him anywhere near would A-Rod got. He would be very lucky to get half of that.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:45 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
1. Yanks can afford anyone if George wants them.
With the acquisition of Kevin Brown and the potential signing of Gary Sheffield, the Yankees payroll tops $200,000,000.

Quote:
2. Noone will give him anywhere near would A-Rod got. He would be very lucky to get half of that.
He's one of the top 5 better rounded hitters in baseball. He's easily worth more then Derek Jeter and Carlos Delgado who are earning around $20,000,000 respectively. He can and probably will get a long term contract worth anywhere from $20,000,000 to $26,000,000.

Old
12-13-2003, 11:49 AM
ihatenewjersey

i want him

Old
12-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
With the acquisition of Kevin Brown and the potential signing of Gary Sheffield, the Yankees payroll tops $200,000,000.

He's one of the top 5 better rounded hitters in baseball. He's easily worth more then Derek Jeter and Carlos Delgado who are earning around $20,000,000 respectively. He can and probably will get a long term contract worth anywhere from $20,000,000 to $26,000,000.

2 things.

1. IF we get Sheffield we wont Sign Vlad.
I just hope itīs Vlad.

2. It might top 200 but who cares?
Yankees made a profit of 238 million dollars last year with an payroll of 180 million.
We can add 100 and still make over 100 million dollars a year.

GO YANKS:d Gotta love em

Old
12-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
2 things.

1. IF we get Sheffield we wont Sign Vlad.
I just hope itīs Vlad.

2. It might top 200 but who cares?
Yankees made a profit of 238 million dollars last year with an payroll of 180 million.
We can add 100 and still make over 100 million dollars a year.

GO YANKS:d Gotta love em
thats crazy but true. the yankees print money and payroll is really nothing. it has to suck rooting for a team in the al east that has 25000 people go to opening day. it has to also suck to live in that same city that claims to be the home of hockey but yet hasnt won a stanley cup in over 30 years. jeez i wonder what team that would be!

Old
12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
leafaholix*

It's also gotta suck losing to the Florida Marlins... losing your two best pitchers in the offseason... your management admitting they can't afford the top free agent on the market... and having Pedro, Curt, and Keith over in Boston.

EDIT: ... and having to root for the New York Knickerbockers... the joke of the NBA.
Re-EDIT: ... Jets... Giants... Mets... Rangers.

Last edited by leafaholix*: 12-13-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old
12-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
It's also gotta suck losing to the Florida Marlins... losing your two best pitchers in the offseason... your management admitting they can't afford the top free agent on the market... and having Pedro, Curt, and Keith over in Boston.
it does suck to lost to florida. but beating boston sort of made up for it. our two best pitchers. clemens was the yankees third best pitcher. where did the yankees say the couldnt afford vlady.. in fact
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1685366

in this article it clearly shows the yankees are right there in the vlady race. pedro looked awesome losing two games to the yankees last season. the yankees have javier to match up to schilling. (hey ill take a 27 year old with nasty stuff over a 37 year old on his last legs in baseball) foulke or the greates closer in baseball history. thats a tough one. a rotation of
javier
brown
mussina
wells
contreaas
is pretty damn good. when miguel batista pitches againts the yankees he is matching up with kevin brown. wow. good luck with ted lilly.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

EDIT: ... and having to root for the New York Knickerbockers... the joke of the NBA.
Re-EDIT: ... Jets... Giants... Mets... Rangers.
yeah but im a fan of the two time nba eastern conferance champion new jersey nets. dont even bother to talk football. our teams can stay in business unlike the argos. the cfl that league is a joke. anything negative you have to say about the mets i will agree with you

Old
12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
yeah but im a fan of the two time nba eastern conferance champion new jersey nets. dont even bother to talk football. our teams can stay in business unlike the argos. the cfl that league is a joke. anything negative you have to say about the mets i will agree with you.
How often do you have the opportunity to catch CFL games?

Old
12-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
How often do you have the opportunity to catch CFL games?
enough to know that the toronto organization is the joke of the cfl. enough to know if the league didnt step in the PLAYERS wouldnt have gotten paid. hey just a mini question. when was the last time toronto won anything in any sport. the world series right. yeah the yankees have won after that. but toronto is the home of the stanley cup yet doesnt get skated around the ice up there. the leafs have won in the 70's right. nope. 80's nope. 90's they must have won in the 90's even the rangers won in the 90's? nope they didnt.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Barnaby

Quote:

Thats terrific but have you not notices that baseball economics are changing? Noone gets that type of money anymore. He can show everyone what A-Rod, Delgado, Jeter, etc.... are making but it doesnt matter. Teams simply arent throwing money around like they have in the past. Four years ago Vlad would have already been signed by someone to a six year 122 million dollar deal. Thats then, this is now. With the moves the Red Sox have made and Georges ego and repuation at stake you had better believe that if he really wants Vlad then he will get him. The question is whether or not he still wants Sheff. If this rumor is to pressure Sheffield into signing then we wont get Vlad but if he really wants Vlad then start printing out the jersey.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:59 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
enough to know that the toronto organization is the joke of the cfl. enough to know if the league didnt step in the PLAYERS wouldnt have gotten paid. hey just a mini question. when was the last time toronto won anything in any sport. the world series right. yeah the yankees have won after that. but toronto is the home of the stanley cup yet doesnt get skated around the ice up there. the leafs have won in the 70's right. nope. 80's nope. 90's they must have won in the 90's even the rangers won in the 90's? nope they didnt.

Professional sports teams in New York...

Islanders - Eliminated round 1... not looking good for 2004.
Yankees - Lost to Marlins... possible wild card winner.
Rangers - No playoffs... currently out of the running... seek goalie.
Mets - No playoffs... joke.
Jets - No playoffs... joke.
Giants - No playoffs... joke.
Knicks - No playoffs... joke.

New Jersey seems to be the only place that's winning anything.

BTW... the Yankees, Rangers, and Knicks all have the highest payrolls in their respective leagues... but only 1 can manage to even make the postseason.

Old
12-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Barnaby

Quote:

Professional sports teams in New York...

Islanders - Eliminated round 1... not looking good for 2004.
Yankees - Lost to Marlins... possible wild card winner.
Rangers - No playoffs... currently out of the running... seek goalie.
Mets - No playoffs... joke.
Jets - No playoffs... joke.
Giants - No playoffs... joke.
Knicks - No playoffs... joke.

New Jersey seems to be the only place that's winning anything.

BTW... the Yankees, Rangers, and Knicks all have the highest payrolls in their respective leagues... but only 1 can manage to even make the postseason.
Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Like it or not the Yanks are still the team to beat and they will be until they get knocked off. The Red Sox have had great teams before but last I checked it was Yankees having 26 world championships to Bostons nothing. Did they lose to the Marlins? Yes, but 28 other MLB teams didnt make it that far and win the League Championship. Are the NYR doing terrible? Absolutely but at least we have had a Cup in the last 10 years.

Please tell me your not a Pens fan or this argument is gonna get one-sided very quickly.

Old
12-13-2003, 05:12 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:

Hey troll, no need to be jealous of the yankees then bring everyone else into your little rage.

Old
12-13-2003, 06:43 PM
pld459666

Quote:

Actually he's asking for between 15 and 17 million per season

The Yanks don't want to commit to someone who missed 50 games due to back problems.

Old
12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Man oh man I canīt believe Im hearing this.
I can agree that the Knicks are a joke (still love em tough)
I canīt really defend the Rangers either but I still have hope for this year
but to say that the Yanks are only possible Wild card winners gotta the dumbest thing I ever read on this board.
Come on now reality is that the New York Yankees have all-stars at
1st base,2nd base,SS, 3rd base, LF, and now with the Shef signing RF.
We have the best closer in history of baseboll and The Sox can have Keith I choked in the biggest game of the year Foulke. I never liked him and I never will.
The Sox are a great team no question but the road to the world series goes trough Yankee stadium.
About the rotation I gotta make a few comments.
We lose Clemens and add Brown.
I love Roger but if Brown can stay healthy heīs the better pitcher.
Vazquez or Pettitte?
Same here I love Andy but but his elbow is still a question mark and I rather have the 27 year old Vazquez.
Contreras will be better next year as well and we get Lieber back.
We IMPROVED our rotation.
True so did the Red Sox but our lineup is better then theirs and then we have one player that seperates us from any team in sports.

Mr Mariano Rivera...

Oh also our pen has improved big time and soon joining Shef in outfield will be Lofton.

Sox has improved but the Yanks have as well.
I will miss Andy like crazy and we messed up not signing up but we are still the New York Yankees and until the Sox acctually beats us then we will step down until then...

Old
12-14-2003, 11:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

He can demand whatever he wants. He's not going to get it. Noone will ever get A-Rod money. I admit that he will far and away the most of any free agent out there this winter, he will not approach A-Rod money. The market is soft and times are different then they were when A-Rod (and Manny) got paid what they did.

12-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Man oh man I canīt believe Im hearing this.
I can agree that the Knicks are a joke (still love em tough)
I canīt really defend the Rangers either but I still have hope for this year
but to say that the Yanks are only possible Wild card winners gotta the dumbest thing I ever read on this board.
Come on now reality is that the New York Yankees have all-stars at
1st base,2nd base,SS, 3rd base, LF, and now with the Shef signing RF.
We have the best closer in history of baseboll and The Sox can have Keith I choked in the biggest game of the year Foulke. I never liked him and I never will.
The Sox are a great team no question but the road to the world series goes trough Yankee stadium.
About the rotation I gotta make a few comments.
We lose Clemens and add Brown.
I love Roger but if Brown can stay healthy heīs the better pitcher.
Vazquez or Pettitte?
Same here I love Andy but but his elbow is still a question mark and I rather have the 27 year old Vazquez.
Contreras will be better next year as well and we get Lieber back.
We IMPROVED our rotation.
True so did the Red Sox but our lineup is better then theirs and then we have one player that seperates us from any team in sports.

Mr Mariano Rivera...

Oh also our pen has improved big time and soon joining Shef in outfield will be Lofton.

Sox has improved but the Yanks have as well.
I will miss Andy like crazy and we messed up not signing up but we are still the New York Yankees and until the Sox acctually beats us then we will step down until then...
you yankee fans have to stop bs'ing yourselves that your made your rotation stronger. it is POTENTIALLY stronger. there are alot of wild cards in that rotation that could suck just as easily as they could be all-stars.

ill break it down. conteras is a total unknown. there is no way anyone can predict what he is going to do this year. brown... health is the only issue here and no one can confidently predict he will be healthy. Vazquez is not better than Schilling and won't be this year. He should be solid but then again you never know how switching leagues will affect a player. lieber hasn't pitched a game in over a year. and rivera is NOT the same player he was five years ago. hes a top tier closer in the league, but hes not invincible anymore

my point here is not too start a fight or attack anyone. its just that you yanks fans have to stop being so cocky cause your starting pitching has potential... for failure and for greatness.

and lets take it easy on the mets guys, come on!!!

Old
12-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Edge

I think Vlad might work out in NYC. Remember Martinez was a quiet guy who thrived in NY. Tino didnt have half the offense of Vlad.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:28 PM
devildan

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=64326

Old
12-14-2003, 01:33 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
my point here is not too start a fight or attack anyone. its just that you yanks fans have to stop being so cocky cause your starting pitching has potential... for failure and for greatness.
No one's perfect. They are, by tradition, arrogant homers. They are to baseball what the "Ugly American" is to the world. They have a sense of entitlement that transcends decency.

The Yank fans here can be forgiven because they are also Ranger fans. Can you imagine a Yankee-Leaf fan? Positively frightening.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
No one's perfect. They are, by tradition, arrogant homers. They are to baseball what the "Ugly American" is to the world. They have a sense of entitlement that transcends decency.

The Yank fans here can be forgiven because they are also Ranger fans. Can you imagine a Yankee-Leaf fan? Positively frightening.
We deserve our Yankees. If anyone out there is a Yanks-Rangers-Jets-Knicks fan like me then you know what I'm talking about.

I'm only 19, but I've loved the Yankees since the Andy Stankiewitz, Pat Kelly, Danny Tartabull, and Jessie Barfield days. Old time Yanks fan are usually fine. The problem are those fans that jumped on the wagon in 96' are obnoxious and berate the Yankees if they dont win a title every year... thats just my experience anyway.

Closed Thread