HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who's to blame...

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 04:05 PM
djavan

vCash: 500
who's to blame...

hello...

judging by the number of posts on this board professional hockey in chicago no longer exists...

and that is very sad!!!!!!!!!

i remember the days when sunday night hockey in the windy city was a big deal... the teams were physical and aggressive and the fans were really into it...

i've never been to chi-town but i've watched hockey religiously for a very long time and even when the team wasn't good they played with some fire and if you caught tony esposito on a hot night look out...

al secord, terry ruskowski, reggie kerr and of late chelios, roenick etc.....

bob pulford and bill wirtz have been in power way too long and that fact alone is reason to put fear in us hockey fans as far as the upcoming cba is concerned...

by the way, where can i pick up that book that discusses the demise of this once proud franchise...

and why does espn show so many of their games... they're NOT the only american team playing the game...

Old
12-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Hawkalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavan
hello...

judging by the number of posts on this board professional hockey in chicago no longer exists...

and that is very sad!!!!!!!!!

i remember the days when sunday night hockey in the windy city was a big deal... the teams were physical and aggressive and the fans were really into it...

i've never been to chi-town but i've watched hockey religiously for a very long time and even when the team wasn't good they played with some fire and if you caught tony esposito on a hot night look out...

al secord, terry ruskowski, reggie kerr and of late chelios, roenick etc.....

bob pulford and bill wirtz have been in power way too long and that fact alone is reason to put fear in us hockey fans as far as the upcoming cba is concerned...

by the way, where can i pick up that book that discusses the demise of this once proud franchise...

and why does espn show so many of their games... they're NOT the only american team playing the game...

why ESPN shows hawks home games, either its a red wings/blues game, else i have no clue

whos to blame? simple, Wirtz, Bill WIRTZ
Pullford isnt necessarily the big problem, it starts at the top.

Wirtz's refusal to televise home games is the key example of his inability to connect with today's fans, who have all but tuned out the hawks.

Old
12-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Teemu

Wirtz is completely responsable for the death of hockey in chicago.

Old
12-15-2003, 12:56 AM
Stuy

But Pully and Wirtz together keep this team in the dark ages and still do everything like it's 1965 not 2003.