HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek

Old
03-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattub View Post
I think Komisarek is the only player on the Habs i like. I enjoy watching the battles between him and Sundin. The only time i watch the Habs is when they play the Leafs so i don't know whether he plays like that all the time or steps up against Sundin. Anyways, i wish the Leafs had him.
I wouldn't say he's always that aggressive, but he seems to understand the Mtl-Tor rivalry and take it to heart as he's always a beast against the Leafs. He seems to enjoy hitting Tucker and seems to like the challenge of going against Mats.

I think the reason he's isn't always that aggressive is that if he played smaller forwards the way he does against Sundin he'd take a lot of penalties. He usually plays pretty mean and tries to eliminate his man along the boards, but when it's him and Sundin, something happens and they both just go at it.

I love watching the two of them battle, they really seem to have something going, but I always come away amazed at how much strength Sundin has. Usually Komisarek doesn't struggle handling the bigger forwards, but there's something about the brute strength of Sundin that makes it quite a battle. And I think that's why Komisarek has to play him so tough. But it's really impressive to see the two of them go at it. They are two very, very strong players.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
chitownhabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I love him. I think he's our only dman who can handle Sundin. Sundin is a beast and is damn hard to control down low.

I love Komi's toughness out there, we haven't had a big physical dman since.... hmm since when? Did Rivet count? I don't think so.

All Komi fans should know that he participated in some special physical training during the off season last summer where he really busted his *** to help him to improve his game.

So, maybe this off season, he will continue to work on his physical training as well as improve some of the skills that some of you have noted can be improved. Hopefully, each player has an interview with team management at the end of the season and is given a list where he can improve and Komi buys into and looks to improve??

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I would be way more pissed if we lose komisarek over souray..
Komisarek is definately improving his game year after year .. and he's getting very near a Robyn Regehr clone !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote