HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Push Avatars

Old
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
dharmaboy

vCash: 500
I am an Oiler fan, and I hope you guys knock Calgary out of the Playoff race!

Go AVS!!

dharmaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
NHL33*

Finally got my playoff avatar. <_<

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Finally got my playoff avatar. <_<
I want one of that save he made during the NBC broadcast, complete with an impressed Pierre McGuire in the inset. OK, maybe I don't really want that.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I'm not superstitious about things like avatars and/or whatnot. Our actions don't determine whether or not the Avs make the playoffs, that is determined by the guys on the ice.

I do think people could be setting themselves up for disappointment, though, with playoff and/or playoff push avatars. But, as long as they're enjoying themselves, I don't see what harm it can cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
Plus, if you don't have enough balls to even put up an avatar because you feel like you might end up disappointed...
I hope I'm misunderstanding your comment to me. I'd like to give you the chance to elaborate before I respond to the comment the way I took it.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
I want one of that save he made during the NBC broadcast, complete with an impressed Pierre McGuire in the inset. OK, maybe I don't really want that.
May I interest you in some Iginla? Defense? Goaltending? Budaj? Better yet, Brad May?

I have too much time on my hands. I think I'll rotate my avatar after every game. Sounds good. Actually, I spent much of the time trying to find something good. Tear jerkers they are not. Photoshop genius I am not. But, can't stop me from my playoff push. <_<

The May image has far too wide text, making it ugly...but for some reason I found it appropriate. Kidding...kidding... Seriously. >_>

Old
03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I hope I'm misunderstanding your comment to me. I'd like to give you the chance to elaborate before I respond to the comment the way I took it.
I was agreeing with you and wondering aloud about the fortitude of folks perhaps too scared of jinxing the team by using these avatars. That's what you thought, right?

Old
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Plus, if you don't have enough balls to even put up an avatar because you feel like you might end up disappointed...
Quote:
I was agreeing with you and wondering aloud about the fortitude of folks perhaps too scared of jinxing the team by using these avatars. That's what you thought, right?
You cracked the case. I have no balls because I don't want to put up an avatar.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
http://www.urology.coloplast.com/tes...ants/index.htm

After the operation, you'll be able to put up a new avatar !

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Roman Tanner

Well....this thread took a turn I hadn't expected...

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:51 PM
NHL33*

It's a long day until 9 PM.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
whits

Send a message via AIM to whits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
This picture of Stastny would work better on an avatar. It shows off his boyish good looks.

Just in case anyone would like to show off our rookie's boyish good looks.

whits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
http://www.urology.coloplast.com/tes...ants/index.htm

After the operation, you'll be able to put up a new avatar !
Thanks. You guys are awesome.

God forbid anybody has any superstitions in relation to hockey.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Why is everyone so sensitive all of the sudden? I am not good around sensitive people, I've been told.

Let me rephrase so I don't hurt anyone else's feelings. I don't understand the trepidation about using a playoff push avatar, and I only kind of understand people not wanting to use them because we haven't won anything yet and they want to wait until the playoffs. It's all for fun, and gets a little unity going here on the board. I haven't taken one on yet because I am waiting for Bretzky.

If you miss out on the fun of the playoff push avatars, and then we don't make it, perhaps we can get some avatars of Avs players golfing to get us through the offseason.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Thanks. You guys are awesome.

God forbid anybody has any superstitions in relation to hockey.
Hey, I was once convinced that the Avs only scored when I was in the bathroom or grabbing something from the kitchen, because it was true for a few weeks this season. And then for a while they only won if I didn't watch the game. But now everything is OK again, and I've been seeing all the goals, and they don't lose every time I watch.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:31 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Why is everyone so sensitive all of the sudden? I am not good around sensitive people, I've been told.

Let me rephrase so I don't hurt anyone else's feelings. I don't understand the trepidation about using a playoff push avatar, and I only kind of understand people not wanting to use them because we haven't won anything yet and they want to wait until the playoffs. It's all for fun, and gets a little unity going here on the board. I haven't taken one on yet because I am waiting for Bretzky.

If you miss out on the fun of the playoff push avatars, and then we don't make it, perhaps we can get some avatars of Avs players golfing to get us through the offseason.
I am admittedly a bit superstitious and tend to follow the most recent successful course. (I remember the Canucks lovely playoff avatars and the limited use they got when the Nucks stumbled along the way.)

I always have an Avalanche player picture for an Avatar and that is my symbol of support throughout the season. When and if we make the playoffs I will change it to an appropriate playoff avatar.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:

Who's sensitive? Am I not allowed to reply to someone saying I don't have any balls? Maybe you should try and prase things so it sounds like you're being lighthearted instead of just harsh if that's your intention. If you we're just making a lighthearted joke, that's cool, but it didn't come off that way when you were the thrid or fourth person to tackle the subject of me being a bit superstitous in regards to avatars. That's all, no big deal.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling View Post
I am admittedly a bit superstitious and tend to follow the most recent successful course. (I remember the Canucks lovely playoff avatars and the limited use they got when the Nucks stumbled along the way.)

I always have an Avalanche player picture for an Avatar and that is my symbol of support throughout the season. When and if we make the playoffs I will change it to an appropriate playoff avatar.
Obviously you are to blame for Skrastins' streak ending.

That's cool if people don't want to join in, I was just (over)explaining what I meant by balls.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Who's sensitive? Am I not allowed to reply to someone saying I don't have any balls? Maybe you should try and prase things so it sounds like you're being lighthearted instead of just harsh if that's your intention.
I put the sarcasm-face thing after it! I'm sure sorry I ever said anything.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Roman Tanner

Looks like this newfound playoff pressure is making everyone a little testy.

Couldn't resist...

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Who's sensitive? Am I not allowed to reply to someone saying I don't have any balls? Maybe you should try and prase things so it sounds like you're being lighthearted instead of just harsh if that's your intention. If you we're just making a lighthearted joke, that's cool, but it didn't come off that way when you were the thrid or fourth person to tackle the subject of me being a bit superstitous in regards to avatars. That's all, no big deal.
And also, I should say I wasn't referring to anyone in particular; I had just read a lot of posts declining the avatars for this or that reason. I guess I felt for the person who went to the trouble of making them. Other than that, I don't really care who uses them and who doesn't. I'm done talking about this.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
Looks like this newfound playoff pressure is making everyone a little testy.

Couldn't resist...

Old
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Personally, I think we should all get Tanguay avatars for the push and then we can replace them with AVs players of our chosing WHEN we make the playoffs.

(Just trying to keep it loose, optimistic and upbeat around here for a change.)

expatriated_texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Obviously you are to blame for Skrastins' streak ending.

That's cool if people don't want to join in, I was just (over)explaining what I meant by balls.
So the same regular season avatar that I have been using for at least 2 years now has suddenly become the reason Karlis had his Iron Man streak end?

And, as I said, I will join in when there is something to join in on.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
And also, I should say I wasn't referring to anyone in particular; I had just read a lot of posts declining the avatars for this or that reason. I guess I felt for the person who went to the trouble of making them. Other than that, I don't really care who uses them and who doesn't. I'm done talking about this.
Fair enough. Like I said, no big deal. Either your post came off wrong, or I took it the wrong way. Either one is possible. It hasn't been the best day at work here.

Old
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
whits

Send a message via AIM to whits
Aww, a final push to finish season as strong as possible isn't anything to join in on?

Added two of McClean to this post.

P.S. Thank god for the "" smiley

whits is offline   Reply With Quote