HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Push Avatars

Old
03-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Tanner View Post
Looks like this newfound playoff pressure is making everyone a little testy.

Couldn't resist...
Why you..............

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Thanks. You guys are awesome.

God forbid anybody has any superstitions in relation to hockey.
Foppa, I was just jokin' around.

To tell you the truth, I've held back on making my usual 'ref-bashing posts' in the game day threads since the Avs have been winning just because I don't want to *jinx* anything. Shows you how nuts I am.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
shipwrecked dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by whits View Post
Just in case anyone would like to show off our rookie's boyish good looks.

You're a life-saver. I have to kiss you passionately on the mouth.

shipwrecked dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Foppa, I was just jokin' around.

To tell you the truth, I've held back on making my usual 'ref-bashing posts' in the game day threads since the Avs have been winning just because I don't want to *jinx* anything. Shows you how nuts I am.
I know, like I told RR in my last post, it hasn't been the best day at work here, so maybe I overreacted. No hard feelings.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
I was agreeing with you and wondering aloud about the fortitude of folks perhaps too scared of jinxing the team by using these avatars. That's what you thought, right?
We're good.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:25 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Anyone got a picture of Tanguay passing in front of an open net? I'd really like that to be my playoff-push avatar. I know there are literally dozen of such cases out there. I've seen enough of them on TV to know it happens frequently. I'm just hoping someone has a picture of one instance and would be kind enough to allow me to use it for a play-off push avatar.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Anyone got a picture of Tanguay passing in front of an open net? I'd really like that to be my playoff-push avatar. I know there are literally dozen of such cases out there. I've seen enough of them on TV to know it happens frequently. I'm just hoping someone has a picture of one instance and would be kind enough to allow me to use it for a play-off push avatar.
To which the Flames fan responds, sure, I have a copy.....do you have one of Leopold in a cast?

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
To which the Flames fan responds, sure, I have a copy.....do you have one of Leopold in a cast?
I'll take an avatar of Tanguay passing over an avatar of a player on IR any day. Especially considering the trade was pretty much for the two players straight up. Tanguay's been healthy all year and Leo has done relatively nothing for us due to his health. The fact that there is only 4 pts between us means to me that it was addition by subtraction. I again ask...does anyone have a picture of Tanguay that I can use as a playoff avatar. He's our lucky-charm.

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 03-20-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
Fair enough trade; but I have to warn you, I still loving the original. With Leo out of the lineup and Tangay off our team, I still think we are a better team than we were last year...with the possible exception of Kono (Guite is doing his best to replace him but he is a poor-man's Kono.) Fact is Tanguay was eating up a spot on the top six and I don't think he's selfish enough to make a difference in big games consistently.

Who on our top-six would you like to move off to Calgary to be replaced by Tanguay? Hejduk? Bruno? Sakic? Wolski? Stastny? I know you might go with the odd man out on the 2nd line...but just keep in mind, we've got an Olympian who is healing up and is going to be looking to put your mind at ease next year on the blue line. It was a good trade...It's a shame Leo was hurt most of this year but even with hind-sight being 20/20 it was a good trade. Even with Leo being hurt most of this year and Tanguay being healthy this year the Flames are only 4 pts ahead of us. They also made moves at the deadline to get better. We stood pat (by and large.) It's been a wash so far...however if Leo can get healthy next year we will really become big winners.
lol...

I think the problem here is Tanguay is not as bad as you seem to choose to remember him. And the Avs would be a better hockey team right now with Tanguay over Wolski. However.........there's that darn salary that gets in the way.

My point was only, in the spirit of not angering the gods (as the last 20 posts seem to have been about), it might be tempting things a little with your Tanguay idea, in light of the fact that Leo could just as easily slip on some concrete and have to retire with a fractured pelvis.

Old
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Roman Tanner

Quote:
I'll take an avatar of Tanguay passing over an avatar of a player on IR any day. Especially considering the trade was pretty much for the two players straight up. Tanguay's been healthy all year and Leo has done relatively nothing for us due to his health. The fact that there is only 4 pts between us means to me that it was addition by subtraction. I again ask...does anyone have a picture of Tanguay that I can use as a playoff avatar. He's our lucky-charm.
Haha, looks like I caught you in a major edit....
Didn't like your first pass....?

Old
03-21-2007, 01:23 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Haha, looks like I caught you in a major edit....
Didn't like your first pass....?
Guilty as charged.

Old
03-21-2007, 01:35 AM
motojime

Quote:
Couldn't find any Tanguay overpassing pics. But what about overgolfing? http://www.crshockey.com/%5Cimages_p...2225112002.JPG

motojime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 03:22 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Fair enough. Like I said, no big deal. Either your post came off wrong, or I took it the wrong way. Either one is possible. It hasn't been the best day at work here.
I have an idea. Why don't you compensate with a golfing avatar as a reverse-jinx?

(just messing with ya)

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 02:58 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojime View Post
Couldn't find any Tanguay overpassing pics. But what about overgolfing? http://www.crshockey.com/%5Cimages_p...2225112002.JPG
Too funny. Did you notice how it looks like he's leaning backwards...I bet he's not trying to sink the putt....he's looking to pass it.

Old
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Horsehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojime View Post
I was just about to hurl cuz it kinda looked like he was wearing tube socks with sandals

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote