HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

NHL scout: Toivonen will be jettisoned --- ALL HANNU TALK HERE!!!

Old
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Well, it's been reported here that was starting weigh on him.

You also have to consider, will he take sharing time with Rask. He may think that he deserves the bulk of the work seeing how that's the reason he's down there.
I'm sure he will get the bulk of the work unless he stinks it up again. The thing about Hannu that I like most about is that he is self-accountable. He never once blamed his teammates or his coach. I never heard him say anything about his lack of playing time expect that he wanted to play and it was disappointing...but that's natural. He's no Andrew Raycroft in that respect . If Hannu does have a problem with playing in Providence next season, then he needs to just look in the mirror and see who put him there. A lot of players have struggled this season, many struggles can be attributed in some way to the coaching styles of Dave Lewis. But Hannu's struggles are more fundamental. His confidence was shaken early and he wasn't playing well at all. Positioning was off, wasn't getting square, going down early, etc. He should know this. And he should also know that until he proves this consistently at the AHL level, he won't get another shot at the NHL level. Essentially, he completely blew his opportunity to take a step forward and never look back this season. Now, imho, he's taken about 3 steps back and the Bruins will be more cautious and critical before they give him another go at it, if ever cause he could get traded.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
and with Rask starting at least 80% of the games in Finland, would he be willing to play only 30% of the games in Providence next year?

I have a suspicion Hannu will be traded at the draft, with Rask/Sigalet playing in providence next year. just a hunch....
I'm sure Rask would realize that this is his first time playing the North American style game (which is different). He'll need time to adjust both to a new country, new surroundings, new language (does he speak english?). He shouldn't be too worried about getting 30-40 games, which I think is perfect for him. Of course, if Hannu is out of the picture, he should see 50-60.

I don't mind Hannu getting traded. I just hope Chiarelli brings in some assets in exchange for him. Maybe he'll rob someone blind . Wouldn't that be great? If we could say right from the start that the trade looks good in Boston's favor? I can't remember the last time I felt that way...

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I'm sure Rask would realize that this is his first time playing the North American style game (which is different). He'll need time to adjust both to a new country, new surroundings, new language (does he speak english?). He shouldn't be too worried about getting 30-40 games, which I think is perfect for him. Of course, if Hannu is out of the picture, he should see 50-60.

I don't mind Hannu getting traded. I just hope Chiarelli brings in some assets in exchange for him. Maybe he'll rob someone blind . Wouldn't that be great? If we could say right from the start that the trade looks good in Boston's favor? I can't remember the last time I felt that way...
I'm hoping he pulls off a draft day "steal" like last year in aquiring Rask

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Would Hannu be happy and or willing to spend the entire season in the AHL?
I think at this point, hannu would prrobably be willing to do just about anything to rediscover his game???

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:41 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
and with Rask starting at least 80% of the games in Finland, would he be willing to play only 30% of the games in Providence next year?

I have a suspicion Hannu will be traded at the draft, with Rask/Sigalet playing in providence next year. just a hunch....
I think Rask has played roughly 50 games in Finland this year, including playoffs, so playing 30-42 games in a new league, and in a new country you are trying to ge used to would probably be a pretty full plate, I would think??

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Any chance the B's could pry Dustin Brown for Hannu?
Not a chance.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Not a chance.
Alot of fans have said that about players before only to find they were way off.

It may be unlikely, but it isn't an absolute. Brown is far from untouchable.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
djwilson19

The B's will be at around 37-38 million in cap money spent at season's end. With the cap going up to a rumored 49 million, the biggest obsticle, IMO, will be if J Jacobs will allow such spending, especially since he opened his wallet for team on the verge of not making the playoffs! Bochenski, Alberts and Wideman are must resigns, all which should not cost more than 1.5/yr each..that puts you at about 42mil spent..with the obvious need for some more depth / experience / scoring, you MAY sign a Jon Sim, A Laaksonen, or if you are lucky a D Zubrus type..but if you think we (the B's) are going to go after another high priced guy, see R Smyth, D Briere, P Datsyuk, S Souray type you are dreaming! It does feel like we are just 1 of those solid players away from a playoff spot, but if history is any reflection of Jacobs' ways...don't be suprised if we barely can skate 2 scoring lines and 2 lines of AHLers and minimum vets...that all without even mentioning the netminding situtaion. I like TT Jr alot, but does Baldarelli and co. ??? Stay tuned, and positive B's fans! BOS 4, MON 3 tonight!!!

Last edited by djwilson19: 03-22-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
djwilson19 is offline   Reply With Quote