HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

[SWE] Official World Cup 2004 Roster Speculation Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2004, 09:30 AM
  #101
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
They had only two skater spots open... Choosing between Holmström and Forsberg shouldn't be two hard...
They registred the wrong players from the beginning, an injured Andreas Johansson and Mathias Tjärnqvist or Fredrik Sjöström should not have been there either.

Kronblom is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 10:54 AM
  #102
qwad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
My team:

Goaltenders
-----------
Tellqvist
Salo
Lundqvist

(NOTE: For me they are at pretty equal level)


Defensemen
----------
Niklas Lidström
Mattias Norström

Kim Johnsson
Mattias Öhlund

Dick Tärnstrom
Marcus Ragnarsson

Daniel Tjärnqvist
Kenny Jönsson (if Kenny accepts to play for Tre Kronor)

(NOTE: I pick Christian Bäckman if kenny doesn't accept a spot. Others I also considered were Henrik Tallinder and Anders Eriksson)


Forwards
--------
Markus Näslund
Peter Forsberg
Thomas Holmström

Per-Johan Axelsson
Mats Sundin
Fredrik Modin

Henrik Zetterberg
Michael Nylander
Daniel Alfredsson

Andreas Salomonsson
Samuel Påhlsson
Marcus Nilson

Peter Nordström
Jörgen Jönsson
Mattias Weinhandl

(NOTE: The Sedins have to be close to make the team. First I forgot about Weinhandl and picked Davidsson. I can also imagine Hannula instead)


Last edited by qwad: 05-10-2004 at 11:29 AM.
qwad is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 11:31 AM
  #103
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
I have to disagree with you on that, Sweden were bulldozed yesterday in front of the nets. Sweden had more skilled players but lost due to weak goaltending as a result of weak defensive play in their own end. Henrik isn´t the most experinced goalie either...

And did you see any swedish forward in front of Luongo? Too bad they didn´t invite Tomas Holmström, he wanted to play but was left out.
Agreed Sweden was "bulldozed". I though see most of swedish players as guys that want to be in front of the goal. Yesterday the problem was we had to short attacks, the canadian defensemen was superb in getting the swedish players away from goal. We don't play a though game, but players like Axelsson, Holmström, Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Modin and even Zetterberg have been in front of goal several times this season as of what I've seen from the NHL. They didn't do that yesterday, but you can't take that game for a general game. Besides, we're equal to the european teams, but have problems when meeting the NA teams. We can't meet them with their kind of play, we have to outplay them. But that's my opinion. The fact is NA players are more thougher, and that won't change.

Besides, I don't completly agree on that the canadian team was less skilled than the swedish. They were pretty equal IMO. Lot of top line players from NHL (Heatly, Smyth, Murray, Briere, Morrison) and a lot of quality checkers/defensive players (Horcoff, Niedermayer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
They registred the wrong players from the beginning, an injured Andreas Johansson and Mathias Tjärnqvist or Fredrik Sjöström should not have been there either.
Sjöström and Tjärnqvist was playing well IMO. Besides, they show skills that often swedish players don't. They should've been given more ice-time vs Canada, 'cause we wasn't able to outplay them.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 12:47 PM
  #104
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91
What is that supposed to mean? That Canada's defensemen are 4 times better than Sweden's? That's bullsh*t, if the NHL was a European league you wouldn't hear that much about them ...
Easy cowboy....Team Canada is just far far deeper. Canada could ice three teams that could compete for a World Cup or Olympic Gold Medal....simply a numbers game.....that is what happens when you contribute 55% + of the players in the best league in the world. My point simply being that everyone (apparently including Swedish hockey fans) drastically underrates Ohlund's talent.


EDIT: Did not really make my point all that clear after reading it again.....one more time....

Sweden's national team is IMO the second best in the world....that said Canada is simply far and away better in depth. The players on Sweden's third and fourth lines and bottom pairing D would not make Canada's second team and in some cases not even their third team. About two thirds of you believe that the Sedins are going to be named to the World Cup Team....they would not make team 3 of Canada. On the other hand the top two lines and top pairing D men, are just as good as Canada's, and perhaps arguably better.

Lidstrom is still the best D-man in the World
Forsberg is still the best centre
Naslund, Sundin, and Alfredsson are all top 15-20 forwards

After those players it really starts to drop off. Me saying Ohlund makes Team Canada is to say I think he is one of the fifteen best defenders in the world right now. I think it laughable that anyone would pick Ragnarsson over him....there is simply no comparison between the two. I have heard people mention chemistry as a deciding factor, which may be an issue when comparing equivalent talents, but I have seen the downside of that strategy. Chemistry and heart were used as the excuse for picking Rob Zamuner to the '98 Nagano Olympics....he had no business being there....picking Rags over Ohlund would be a comparable misjudgement.


Last edited by ginner classic: 05-10-2004 at 01:12 PM.
ginner classic is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
  #105
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
Easy cowboy....Team Canada is just far far deeper. Canada could ice three teams that could compete for a World Cup or Olympic Gold Medal....simply a numbers game.....that is what happens when you contribute 55% + of the players in the best league in the world. My point simply being that everyone (apparently including Swedish hockey fans) drastically underrates Ohlund's talent.


EDIT: Did not really make my point all that clear after reading it again.....one more time....

Sweden's national team is IMO the second best in the world....that said Canada is simply far and away better in depth. The players on Sweden's third and fourth lines and bottom pairing D would not make Canada's second team and in some cases not even their third team. About two thirds of you believe that the Sedins are going to be named to the World Cup Team....they would not make team 3 of Canada. On the other hand the top two lines and top pairing D men, are just as good as Canada's, and perhaps arguably better.

Lidstrom is still the best D-man in the World
Forsberg is still the best centre
Naslund, Sundin, and Alfredsson are all top 15-20 forwards

After those players it really starts to drop off. Me saying Ohlund makes Team Canada is to say I think he is one of the fifteen best defenders in the world right now. I think it laughable that anyone would pick Ragnarsson over him....there is simply no comparison between the two. I have heard people mention chemistry as a deciding factor, which may be an issue when comparing equivalent talents, but I have seen the downside of that strategy. Chemistry and heart were used as the excuse for picking Rob Zamuner to the '98 Nagano Olympics....he had no business being there....picking Rags over Ohlund would be a comparable misjudgement.
Totally agreed. Remember, most of those swedish players that now play in NHL was stars in SEL, but now plays a bottom line/3rd pairing role in the NHL, or even the AHL. NHL is the best league, Canada the best country. It's as simple as that.

BUT, you're only allowed to pick 20 players to play at one time, and that's why all other contries have a chance. That's why sports is so entertaining, it doesn't help Canada have 400 good players and Sweden 50, it's still just 20 that plays.

Besides, I think Canda had a really good roster going into the World Champs. Many of those would have taken a place in the swedish lineup. Swedish media said that the swedish team had a lot more talent than the canadian, I don't agree. Morrison, Heatly, Smyth, Murray and Briere are quality players in the NHL, we'd got Nylander, Axelsson, A Johansson, Alfredsson, Sjöström. Sweden more talented? Won't agree on that.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:06 PM
  #106
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
Totally agreed. Remember, most of those swedish players that now play in NHL was stars in SEL, but now plays a bottom line/3rd pairing role in the NHL, or even the AHL. NHL is the best league, Canada the best country. It's as simple as that.

BUT, you're only allowed to pick 20 players to play at one time, and that's why all other contries have a chance. That's why sports is so entertaining, it doesn't help Canada have 400 good players and Sweden 50, it's still just 20 that plays.

Besides, I think Canda had a really good roster going into the World Champs. Many of those would have taken a place in the swedish lineup. Swedish media said that the swedish team had a lot more talent than the canadian, I don't agree. Morrison, Heatly, Smyth, Murray and Briere are quality players in the NHL, we'd got Nylander, Axelsson, A Johansson, Alfredsson, Sjöström. Sweden more talented? Won't agree on that.
Agree as well. The fact that you can only pick 20 is why Team Sweden is a very very close second to canada right now. If not for the goaltending issue it would be a wash as Sweden's top players are better than Canada's. I find it interesting how depth works by position. Finland is #2 in the world in net in terms of depth but probably #6 in forwards. Sweden is #3 in depth at forward (after USA IMO), #2 on D, and possibly #6 in net. Taking the top 20 players, Canada is #1, Sweden #2, and Finland #5. Weird how that works out.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
  #107
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
I posted this for Team Canada on the National Hockey League Talk board, it would be interesting if someone could do the same for team Sweden:

Centres

Top - 7

(Forsberg)
Thornton (r)
Sakic (f)
(Sundin)
Marleau (r)
Primeau (-)
Richards (r)
Lecavalier (r)
Lemieux * (f)

The Rest (No Particular Order)

Rucchin (f)
Savard (r)
Briere (r)
Arnott (f)
Draper (r)
Yzerman * (f)
Comrie (r)
Allison * (f)
Ribeiro (r)
Madden (r)
Peca (f)
Scatchard (-)
Lindros * (f)
Spezza (r)
White (r)
Langkow (-)
Morrison (r)
Nieuwendyk * (f)


Left Wing

Top - 7

(Naslund)
Kariya (-)
Nash (r)
Tanguay (r)
Smyth (f)
Morrow (r)
Gagne (f)
Cooke (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Daze (-)
Bell (r)
Sanderson (f)
Shanahan (f)
Moreau (r)
Torres (r)
Hartnell (r)
Damphousse (f)
Stillman (r)
Roberts * (f)
Whitney (-)


Right Wing

Top - 7

Heatley (r)
Iginla (-)
St Louis (r)
Bertuzzi (r)
(Alfredsson)
Doan (r)
Sullivan (r)
Murray (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Lapointe (f)
O'Neill * (f)
Ryder (r)
Walker (-)
Carter (f)
Fisher (r)
Recchi (f)
Williams (r)
Cheechoo (r)
Nolan * (f)


Defense

Top - 12

(Lidstrom)
Pronger (-)
Blake (-)
Niedermayer (r)
Redden (r)
Jovanovski (-)
Aucoin (r)
(Ohlund)
Brewer (-)
(Norstrom)
(Johnson)
Regehr (r)
McCabe (r)
Stuart (r)
Foote (f)
Hannan (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Boynton (r)
Warrener (f)
Morris (f)
Sydor (f)
Smith (-)
Bouwmeester (r)
Van Ryn (r)
Souray (r)
Hamhuis (r)
Stevens * (f)
Philips (-)
Desjardins * (f)
Jackman * (r)
MacInnis * (f)
McLaren (f)
Boyle (r)
Sarich (r)
Sopel (r)
Witt (f)



Goal

Top - 5

Brodeur (-)
Luongo (r)
Theodore (r)
Turco (r)
Belfour * (f)

The Rest (No Order)

Giguere (r)
Raycroft (r)
Weekes (r)
Thibault (f)
Biron (f)
Denis (-)
Joseph (f)
Roloson (r)
Lalime (f)
Burke (f)
Osgood (f)
Cloutier * (r)

* Significant injury issue. May or may not have affected ranking.
(r) Ranking has improved since the Olympics
(f) Ranking has fallen since the Olympics
(-) No change in ranking since the Olympics

EDIT: Put in some key players for Sweden to show where I would rank them.


Last edited by ginner classic: 05-10-2004 at 03:49 PM.
ginner classic is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:34 PM
  #108
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
Agree as well. The fact that you can only pick 20 is why Team Sweden is a very very close second to canada right now. If not for the goaltending issue it would be a wash as Sweden's top players are better than Canada's. I find it interesting how depth works by position. Finland is #2 in the world in net in terms of depth but probably #6 in forwards. Sweden is #3 in depth at forward (after USA IMO), #2 on D, and possibly #6 in net. Taking the top 20 players, Canada is #1, Sweden #2, and Finland #5. Weird how that works out.
Yeah, but this also feels like Sweden's last chance in a while, as out greatest stars is getting older. We seem to have good goalies coming, but the depth among forwards is not good at all. Among d-men I'm not that worried, we got some talents.

Interesting to make those rankings... I'll try... with the top 7 hockey nations...
This is considering the top 3 goalies, top 8 -men, and top 15 forwards...

Goaltending:
1 Canada
2 Finland
3 Czech R
4 USA
5 Russia
6 Sweden
7 Slovakia

Defense
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Czech R
4 Russia
5 Finland
6 USA
7 Slovakia

Forwards
1 Canada
2 Slovakia
3 USA
4 Sweden
5 Russia
6 Czech R
7 Finland

Especially among forwards it was hard, it depends on what aspects you look at (offenisive, defensive, all round, scorers). Slovakia has such great skill, but lacks of pysichal play and defensive awarness. Lovely to see though. Hard to rank.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:36 PM
  #109
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
I posted this for Team Canada on the National Hockey League Talk board, it would be interesting if someone could do the same for team Sweden:

Centres

Top - 7

Thornton (r)
Sakic (f)
Marleau (r)
Primeau (-)
Richards (r)
Lecavalier (r)
Lemieux * (f)

The Rest (No Particular Order)

Rucchin (f)
Savard (r)
Briere (r)
Arnott (f)
Draper (r)
Yzerman * (f)
Comrie (r)
Allison * (f)
Ribeiro (r)
Madden (r)
Peca (f)
Scatchard (-)
Lindros * (f)
Spezza (r)
White (r)
Langkow (-)
Morrison (r)
Nieuwendyk * (f)


Left Wing

Top - 7

Kariya (-)
Nash (r)
Tanguay (r)
Smyth (f)
Morrow (r)
Gagne (f)
Cooke (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Daze (-)
Bell (r)
Sanderson (f)
Shanahan (f)
Moreau (r)
Torres (r)
Hartnell (r)
Damphousse (f)
Stillman (r)
Roberts * (f)
Whitney (-)


Right Wing

Top - 7

Heatley (r)
Iginla (-)
St Louis (r)
Bertuzzi (r)
Doan (r)
Sullivan (r)
Murray (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Lapointe (f)
O'Neill * (f)
Ryder (r)
Walker (-)
Carter (f)
Fisher (r)
Recchi (f)
Williams (r)
Cheechoo (r)
Nolan * (f)


Defense

Top - 12

Pronger (-)
Blake (-)
Niedermayer (r)
Redden (r)
Jovanovski (-)
Aucoin (r)
Brewer (-)
Regehr (r)
McCabe (r)
Stuart (r)
Foote (f)
Hannan (r)

The Rest (No Order)

Boynton (r)
Warrener (f)
Morris (f)
Sydor (f)
Smith (-)
Bouwmeester (r)
Van Ryn (r)
Souray (r)
Hamhuis (r)
Stevens * (f)
Philips (-)
Desjardins * (f)
Jackman * (r)
MacInnis * (f)
McLaren (f)
Boyle (r)
Sarich (r)
Sopel (r)
Witt (f)



Goal

Top - 5

Brodeur (-)
Luongo (r)
Theodore (r)
Turco (r)
Belfour * (f)

The Rest (No Order)

Giguere (r)
Raycroft (r)
Weekes (r)
Thibault (f)
Biron (f)
Denis (-)
Joseph (f)
Roloson (r)
Lalime (f)
Burke (f)
Osgood (f)
Cloutier * (r)

* Significant injury issue. May or may not have affected ranking.
(r) Ranking has improved since the Olympics
(f) Ranking has fallen since the Olympics
(-) No change in ranking since the Olympics
That's quite impressive work. And really points out the depth among Canadian players.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
  #110
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
Yeah, but this also feels like Sweden's last chance in a while, as out greatest stars is getting older. We seem to have good goalies coming, but the depth among forwards is not good at all. Among d-men I'm not that worried, we got some talents.

Interesting to make those rankings... I'll try... with the top 7 hockey nations...
This is considering the top 3 goalies, top 8 -men, and top 15 forwards...

Goaltending:
1 Canada
2 Finland
3 Czech R
4 USA
5 Russia
6 Sweden
7 Slovakia

Defense
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Czech R
4 Russia
5 Finland
6 USA
7 Slovakia

Forwards
1 Canada
2 Slovakia
3 USA
4 Sweden
5 Russia
6 Czech R
7 Finland

Especially among forwards it was hard, it depends on what aspects you look at (offenisive, defensive, all round, scorers). Slovakia has such great skill, but lacks of pysichal play and defensive awarness. Lovely to see though. Hard to rank.
Interesting comparison. I would rank Sweden higher on forwards and the USA higher on defence than you have but not far off from what I see. Overall I have

Canada
Sweden
USA
Czech Republic
Russia
Finland
Slovakia

ginner classic is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 04:26 PM
  #111
Predatore
Registered User
 
Predatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Växjö/Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Team Sweden depth chart

GOALTENDING
Mikael Tellqvist
Tommy Salo
Henrik Lundqvist

Johan Hedberg
Stefan Liv
Johan Holmqvist
Daniel Henriksson

DEFENSE
Nicklas Lidström
Mattias Öhlund
Mattias Norström
Kim Johnsson
Dick Tärnström
Marcus Ragnarsson

Daniel Tjärnqvist
Niclas Hävelid
Kenny Jönsson
Niklas Kronwall
Christian Bäckman
Henrik Tallinder
Mattias Timander
Anders Eriksson
Niclas Wallin
Andreas Lilja
Per Hållberg
Ronnie Sundin
Josef Boumedienne
Pierre Hedin

CENTERS
Peter Forsberg
Mats Sundin
Michael Nylander
Henrik Sedin

Samuel Påhlsson
Jörgen Jönsson
Per Svartvadet
Johan Davidsson


FORWARDS
Markus Näslund
Daniel Alfredsson
Henrik Zetterberg
Fredrik Modin
Daniel Sedin
Nils Ekman
Per-Johan Axelsson
Kristian Huselius

Marcus Nilson
Niklas Sundström
Andreas Johansson
Mattias Weinhandl
Peter Nordström
Mikael Renberg
Fredrik Sjöström
Mathias Tjärnqvist
Magnus Arvedson
Andreas Dackell
Christian Berglund
Rickard Wallin

Probably missed a couple of players, all IMO of course. Then some of the forwards - Wallin, Zetterberg can play other positions as well.. obviously Also this not at all how I think the WCUP-team will look like, more like how good I think they are when on top of their games.

Predatore is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 04:40 PM
  #112
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Not that I have any high regards over Färjestad and their players but...
Are you serious when you imply that Henrik Sedin is a better centerforward than Jörgen Jönsson?

Nils Ekman could be useful if we need someone to run over the opponents goalie.
Still I would rank him lower, if I had the "ork" to make a list of my own.

Kronblom is offline  
Old
05-10-2004, 04:44 PM
  #113
Predatore
Registered User
 
Predatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Växjö/Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Well, in the NHL I would rank Sedin higher. On international ice I would never choose Henrik ahead of Jönsson. I must admit that I have never been a huge fan of Jönsson, but he is like a good wine.. get's better with age

As for Nils Ekman it is tough to say, obviously he has been doing great things this season and developed a lot. One of many players that we, here home in Sweden, can't be too sure about. Heck, looking at my list now.. I'd probably switch quite a few players. For example Peter Nordström who I think is better than a lot of the forwards ahead of him

oh well..

Predatore is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
  #114
BuppY
Registered User
 
BuppY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,154
vCash: 500
Modin Sundin Alfredsson
Naslund Forsberg Ekman
Zetterberg Nylander Holmstorm
D.Sedin H. Sedin Johansson

Lidstrom Norstrom
Ohlund Johnsson
Jonsson Tarnstrom

Tellqvist
Salo
Hedberg

U22 - Steen, Sjöström, Fransson

BuppY is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 01:31 AM
  #115
Seiza
Registered User
 
Seiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
Modin Sundin Alfredsson
Naslund Forsberg Ekman
Zetterberg Nylander Holmstorm
D.Sedin H. Sedin Johansson

Lidstrom Norstrom
Ohlund Johnsson
Jonsson Tarnstrom

Tellqvist
Salo
Hedberg

U22 - Steen, Sjöström, Fransson
Don't need the U-22's, that rule is long gone..

Seiza is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 02:37 AM
  #116
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,574
vCash: 500
Naslund-Forsberg-Sundstrom (O-Vik line)
Renberg-Sundin-Alfredsson (great at olympics)
Sedin-Sedin-Zetterberg
Modin-Nylander-Holmstrom
Axelsson, Pahlsson

Norstrom-Lidstrom
Ohlund-Johnsson
Jonsson-Tarnstrom
Ragnarsson

Salo
Hedberg

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 05:26 AM
  #117
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Renberg-Sundin-Alfredsson (great at olympics)
Only problem is it was Dahlen - Sundin - Alfredsson

Don't want Renberg on the roster, he's done at this level IMO.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 05:40 AM
  #118
Seiza
Registered User
 
Seiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
Don't want Renberg on the roster, he's done at this level IMO.
I can't see neither Renberg nor Sundström getting selected. Don't want any of them on the roster..

Seiza is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 05:48 AM
  #119
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
I can't see neither Renberg nor Sundström getting selected. Don't want any of them on the roster..
I could see Sundström as a good reserve, but at the moment both Samuel Påhlsson and Jörgen Jönsson are ranked ahead of him.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 06:57 AM
  #120
Swedelicious
Registered User
 
Swedelicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the whip of Sisyfos
Country:
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Näslund-Forsberg-Sundström
Modin-Sundin-Alfredsson
Huselius-Nylander-Zetterberg
Axelsson-Påhlsson-Holmström
(Marcus Nilsson)

Norström-Lidström
Öhlund-Johnson
Ragnarsson-Tarnström
(Bäckman)

Hedberg
Tellqvist
(Lundqvist)

Swedelicious is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 09:46 AM
  #121
Fredrik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Näslund - Forsberg - Sundström
Modin - Sundin - Alfredsson
Zetterberg - Påhlsson - Axelsson
Ekman - Jönsson - Nilson

Lidström - Norström
Ragnarsson - Johnsson
Hävelid - Tärnström
Öhlund - Tjärnqvist

Salo
Hedberg
Lundqvist

The team unfortunately has a weak right wing and Sundström is only included because of that line doing exceptionally well at the World Juniors 11 years ago. Bit nostalgic... Holmström could replace him in the squad but that would mean major restructuring of the lines. Holmström is left out by me.

Goalies are the true weak spot of the team. I know that Tellqvist will be included in the team IRL and that says a lot IMO. Remember that he's third on the Maple Leafs depth chart.

Fredrik is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 11:22 AM
  #122
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,119
vCash: 500
Is there some unknown reason as to why some of you would omit Kenny Jönsson from your suggestions (dispute with Nilsson or something)? With the exception of Lidström, he is far and away the most solid all-round Swedish defenseman. He is absolutely invaluable for your team come World Cup time

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 11:31 AM
  #123
Predatore
Registered User
 
Predatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Växjö/Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Predatore
CIsle,
I think a lot of people (me included) think that Jönsson is going downhill. Main reason is though that he has always been mediocre (at best) with the Swedish national team, while other defensemen (who are not considered big stars over there) have performed very well with team Sweden.

Predatore is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 04:03 PM
  #124
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
Is there some unknown reason as to why some of you would omit Kenny Jönsson from your suggestions (dispute with Nilsson or something)? With the exception of Lidström, he is far and away the most solid all-round Swedish defenseman. He is absolutely invaluable for your team come World Cup time
He has quite simply sucked in Team Sweden. And the fact that he usually turns down the invitations to the WC doesn´t really make him more popular.

Kronblom is offline  
Old
05-11-2004, 04:47 PM
  #125
Kronblom
Registered User
 
Kronblom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Here´s my team for the World Cup. I selected 3 goalies, 8 d-men and 15 forwards since quite a few of those forwards are more or less injured. I can´t see any reason to have more d-men either with so few games in the tournament. No Sedins for me thank you.

Goalies
Tommy Salo
Mikael Tellqvist
Henrik Lundqvist

Defensemen
Nicklas Lidström
Mattias Norström
Kim Johnsson
Mattias Öhlund
Niclas Hävelid
Marcus Ragnarsson
Daniel Tjärnqvist
Dick Tärnström

Forwards
Mats Sundin
Peter Forsberg
Daniel Alfredsson
Markus Näslund
Henrik Zetterberg
Fredrik Modin
Michael Nylander
Jörgen Jönsson
Samuel Påhlsson
Per-Johan Axelsson
Mikael Renberg (Will he be able to play at all?)
Tomas Holmström
Jonas Höglund
Kristian Huselius
Andreas Johansson


Reserves:
Johan Hedberg
Kenny Jönsson
Christian Bäckman
Ronnie Sundin
Marcus Nilson
Peter Nordström
Andreas Salomonsson
Johan Davidsson
Niklas Sundström
Nils Ekman


Last edited by Kronblom: 05-12-2004 at 03:46 PM.
Kronblom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.