Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 02:00 AM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach777
Your point is?
That Sedin is much, much more deserving for the WC than Jonsson.

Old
05-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Fredrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
A lot of people in Sweden would disagree.

I think both Sedins or none will be selected and I don't think Daniel will be and that leaves Henrik outside of the team.

Old
05-14-2004, 03:36 AM
Swedelicious

Quote:
How do you know that? Have you actually seen Jönsson play this year?

Old
05-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
You are so wrong.

Old
05-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
You are so wrong.
You're so right...

Jönsson is a high quality international player and he is always great in the national team. Henrik hasn't shown that much in Tre kronor..

Old
05-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
You're so right...

Jönsson is a high quality international player and he is always great in the national team. Henrik hasn't shown that much in Tre kronor..
Agreed. Jönsson also tends to be better as the opposition gets tougher. It's not that the Sedins don't have potential, it's just that Jönsson is solid both offensivly and defensivly. He can play with anybody and is one of the best penalty killers we have. In the SEL, I hate Rödluvan, but I can't imagine Tre Kronor without him. (especially since how he have played in the worlds the last two years)

Old
05-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Agreed. Jönsson also tends to be better as the opposition gets tougher. It's not that the Sedins don't have potential, it's just that Jönsson is solid both offensivly and defensivly. He can play with anybody and is one of the best penalty killers we have. In the SEL, I hate Rödluvan, but I can't imagine Tre Kronor without him. (especially since how he have played in the worlds the last two years)
He is one of the best penaltykillers of all swedes, he and Axelsson.

Old
05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
He is one of the best penaltykillers of all swedes, he and Axelsson.
Yeah, thats what I was trying to say.

Old
05-14-2004, 12:00 PM
frednorth

test

test

Old
05-14-2004, 12:02 PM
frednorth

Team Sweden

frednorth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hejsan hockey! här är mitt förslag:

Näslund-Sundin-Alfredsson...(Alfredsson ÄR grovjobbare)
Sedin-Sedin-Forsberg...(om de här får fäste i anfallszon...)
Modin-Jönson-Nordström...(läs Modin-Richards-Stillman)
Axelsson-Påhlsson-Nilsson...
Holmström-Steen-Sjöström...både Zetterberg och Nylander petade alltså...

reserv: Zetterberg, Johansson...

Lidström-Jönsson...
Ragnarsson-Johnsson...
Norström-Öhlund...
Tärnström-Fransson (eventuellt offra en forward mot Hävelid...)

Tärnström...suck...tycker inte att han är någon vinnare plus att vi har bättre offensiva backar (Lidström, Johnsson)...backparen komponerade för att undvika rollkonflikter...

Tellquist
Salo
Lundquist

Det borde inte vara några otydligheter om detta:

- Kenny Jönsson är självskriven...
- Inga Sedinare...ingen Zetterberg...tror dessutom att Sedinarna börjar bli lite elaka...klagar på istid osv

SLUTLIGEN! Vad var det för MES-SOPPA mot Kanada??

När Niedermeyer blivit utvisad och vi ledde med 3-1 skulle vi först:

Försökt ta ut Heatley ur matchen...om den följande utvisningen inte resulterat i ett baklängesmål gått efter Scott Niedermeyer...(trevlig kille, men det är Foppa också)...med andra ord offrat ett mål...PS, var det Tärnström som var super-soft på 4-3 målet?

Ska vi lägga oss i World Cup också?? Fram med en coach som förstår det psykologiska spelet!

Old
05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
frednorth,
Welcome to the community, however in the future please post in English
Your team differs a lot from the most ones I have personally seen on the boards. You have youngsters like Steen, Sjöström, Fransson on the team.. despite it's not anymore required to have 3 U22 players. Also I do think that it would be a HUGE surprise if Zetterberg gets cut

At defense I would like to ask you why Kenny Jönsson is such a sure bet. A player that IMO has basically always been an underachiever with the national team.

Old
05-14-2004, 01:02 PM
frednorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
frednorth,
Welcome to the community, however in the future please post in English
Your team differs a lot from the most ones I have personally seen on the boards. You have youngsters like Steen, Sjöström, Fransson on the team.. despite it's not anymore required to have 3 U22 players. Also I do think that it would be a HUGE surprise if Zetterberg gets cut

At defense I would like to ask you why Kenny Jönsson is such a sure bet. A player that IMO has basically always been an underachiever with the national team.
Hello! (now in english!) Three u22 not required anymore? are you sure? if there´s a source I´d be happy! still 26 on the roster then or 23?

Kenny is a defensive d-man which comes in short supply for us...when Lidstrom start to play a little shaky nowadays I think it will be a good idea to pair him with Kenny. He is also interchangable (nice word? with Ohlund...

As I said...I´d rather go with twins than Zetterberg...reason to the Z cut is that he´s a litttle soft...as is Axelsson and J. Jonsson...however he is first to join IMO...Sweden is good up front now for the first time EVER!

Old
05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
frednorth

yes, I saw...repealed..rescinded...dictionairy... 23 players then...I believe Sweden had the worst u22 players of all teams...

Old
05-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Leo Naphta

Not so much as how I would want the team to be, as to how I think it will be.

Goaltenders: Tellqvist, Salo, Lundquist
Tellquist – a lock in the roster. With Salo and Hedberg having lousy seasons and Tellquist having a history with Hardy – which includes the miracle game in Helsinki, the starters job is his to lose.
Salo – Sweden won’t go without Salo. And besides, he may just not be done with yet.
Lundquist – Impressed at the World Championships, which probably secured him the third spot.
This means that Hedberg will miss the boat – a the likely outcome ever since he wasn’t given an invitation to the world championships and Lundqvist cracked the all star team. On the other hand it takes time to adjust to small rinks, so he could possibly still unseat Lundqvist.

Defense: Lidström, Norström, Johnson, Öhlund, Tjärnqvist, Ragnarsson, Tärnström, Bäckman

Lidström, Norström and Kim Johnson are locks. Öhlund should also be a lock, though Malin Fransson in DN predicted the other day that he would be left home. Ragnarsson will probably be selected as well, since Öhlund and Norström are our only other physical defensemen of any higher standard. Normally I would put Kenny Jönsson as our fifth or sixth defenseman, but with Tärnström’s and Tjärnqvist’s play in the in the world championships, he may have slipped. The latter two should in any case crack the team. As for Jönsson, I don’t think he’ll be selected. He hasn’t shown any heart or desire to play for Team Sweden and he is reportedly (DN:s Magnus Nyström) not on speaking terms with Sundin. If Hardy thinks he is only seventh or eighth defenseman, he will probably omit him in order to prevent any disturbances among the scratched players. As for Bäckman, Hardy and Dahlén couldn’t stop praising him during the world championships, and besides he probably performed better than Hävelid – the only other candidate.

Offence: Forsberg, Sundin, Näslund, Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Nordström, Jönsson, Modin, Axelsson, Påhlsson, Holmström, Marcus Nilson, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Ekman.

Forsberg, Sundin, Näslund, Alfredsson, Zetterberg and Modin are locks. Jönsson is a lock as long as Hardy is the coach. Nordström figured in Hardy’s plans late in 2003 – when omitting him and Jönsson from the roster to play in Baltika he explained in an interview that they needed the rest as they were going to play both in the World Championships and the World Cup. So, if fully recovered, Nordström will be there. As for Axelsson, he is always selected by Hardy, and he brings a nice mixture of good attitude, solid 2-way play and some offence. After the Canada – game, Hardy said he would have liked bigger players in his roster. Since Påhlsson was at the same time our best forward and our most physical player in the World Championships, that means he is in. Hardy’s desire in conjunction with a malfunctioning power play should mean that Holmström is in too. As for Nilson, he was the best player on the ice in the exhibition games before the world championships 2003, he is apparently playing the hockey of his life at the moment and he may just be our most physical forward at the moment. Hence, he is in.

The real intrigue lies in the competition for the last three spots. Going by skill alone, it should probably be the Sedins and Nylander. A strong case could however be made to include another winger that can be both a scorer and a checker. That would mean Ekman or Johansson, and since Ekman has the better season behind him, he will likely crack the team. Nylander on the other side has never been liked by Hardy, who preferred Mathias Johansson over him when selecting the original roster to the last Olympics, Nylander didn’t have much of a world championship, and besides he would at best be third line center in the World Cup. Since Hardy would probably prefer a 2-way center at that position, Nylander likely has little chance of cracking the lineup. Furthermore, even if one of our two top centers are injured, Zetterberg will be the likely replacement. Hence, Nylander would at best be second reserve to any position, and Hardy would as a consequence likely let him miss the party altogether. The Sedins are a different matter. They could possible form a wing pair together – didn’t Hardy play them as such in Russia in 2000? And besides, Henrik is apparently not as much a defensive liability as Nylander. As for the other candidates, Johansson’s place has been taken by Ekman, Sundström said in an interview with the Swedish radio a few months back that he had had a bad season and didn’t expect to get picked for the National team, and Renberg is apparently injured and anyway considering to retire from the National team. Longshots that could crack the team but is unlikely to do so include, Höglund, M. Tjärnqvist and Sjöström. All three put in decent performances at the world championships, but all three were at various points benched. I don’t think anyone else, like Davidsson, Niklas Andersson and Huselius, has any chance whatsoever of cracking this team. Having said that, Hardy do tend to surprise us…

Old
05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Great posts there Leo and I agree on a lot of points. I still have my doubts about the Sedin's making the team though. I think it is pretty much 50/50.

Old
05-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

I say that Jönssons and Påhlssons play during the Worlds will make it very hard for the Sedins to get a spot.

Old
05-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Leo Naphta

Quote:
I say that Jönssons and Påhlssons play during the Worlds will make it very hard for the Sedins to get a spot.
Well, they are probably going to carry 15 forwards. Now, I don't think they will play much, or anything, during the tournament, but they must have some capable alternatives waiting in the wings. Since, Jönsson, Påhlsson, Zetterberg (likely winged), Forsberg and Sundin are the likely starters at this point among the centres, there is one spot open for a center among the scratched players. Since Nylander is in my opinion out of the running, Henrik Sedin is the best centre available for that spot. With his brother having some sort of break-out year, chances are both will be selected.

Old
05-14-2004, 04:55 PM
frednorth

Why is Kenny Jönsson out of so many lists? He´s definitely better than Tjärnquist, Bäckman, Hävelid and Tärnström... IMO he´s a good fit because of his solid defense. Actually I see Kenny as a leader for this team.

Old
05-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Leo Naphta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
On paper he is alot better but on national team he is always horrible.
I disagree. It´s not so much a case of Jönsson being horrible as of Jönsson never playing. Since the last World Cup, Jönsson has only played for Sweden in the Olympics. As far as I can remember he was decent there - except against Belarus, but then everyone was horrible in that game. Personally I think he should be in the roster, unless that thing with Sundin, whatever that may be, could disrupt team morale.

Old
05-14-2004, 07:54 PM
frednorth

Anyone know if there will be 23 or 26 players on the roster now?

Old
05-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Post from an outsider: Nylander would give the Swedish team a boost on the Powerplay.

Old
05-14-2004, 09:16 PM
frednorth

Team Sweden

OK, 26 players 15+8+3...

Axelsson-Sundin-Alfredsson...
Näslund-Forsberg-Zetterberg...
Modin-Jönsson-Nordström...(read Modin-Richards-Stillman!)
Johansson-Påhlsson-Nilsson...competent fourt line
Sedin-Sedin-Holmström...best fifth line ever...

Lidström-Jönsson...
Ragnarsson-Johnsson...
Norström-Öhlund...
Hävelid-Tärnström...close: Bäckman...

Tellquist
Salo
Lundquist

Convalescence in summer: Nordström?, Forsberg, Ragnarsson...

Old
05-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Yeah, thats what I was trying to say.
Hmm, you know I´m so tired on fridays...

Old
05-15-2004, 08:00 AM
frednorth

Swedish defensemen stats:

Kenny Jönsson 79 5+24=29 +25
Nicklas Lidström 81 10+28=38 +19
Kim Johnsson 80 13+29=42 +16
Mattias Ohlund 82 14+20=34 +14
Marcus Ragnarsson 70 7+9=16 +12
Mattias Norström 74 1+13=14 -3
Dick Tarnstrom 80 16+36=52 -37

Old
05-15-2004, 08:08 AM
frednorth

Sweden can be the first team with 3 pair of brothers...

Kenny and Jörgen Jönsson...
Henrik and Daniel Sedin...
Daniel and Mattias Tjärnquist...

Closed Thread