HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's Line Ups?

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Watts02

vCash: 500
Tonight's Line Ups?

So anyone heard of the lines for tonight vs the Ducks and have there been any Healthy Scratches due to the "flu"?

Old
12-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts02
So anyone heard of the lines for tonight vs the Ducks and have there been any Healthy Scratches due to the "flu"?
I don't know what they are but I loved the top two lines last time.

Smyth - Oates - Dvorak
Torres - York - Hemsky

I wouldn't mind seeing Isbister where Torres is though. It adds a little more size to a pretty small line and He seems on the verge of breaking out. (Fingers crossed)

I thought Isbister and Smyth looked really good together in OT in Pheonix as well.

Old
12-14-2003, 02:52 PM
The Rage

Bergeron better be back in. I have no idea why Mac-T loves Cross and Fergie so much.

Old
12-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Cujo_31

I agree Isbister & Smyth seem to have some chemistry together.
hopefully they'll be on the same line tonight.

Old
12-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
I agree Isbister & Smyth seem to have some chemistry together.
hopefully they'll be on the same line tonight.
I doubt that very much, the York-Smyth-Hemsky combo is clicking right now. I think Torres and Izzy should switch. Isbister has had a solid couple of games, while Raffi's hot hand has cooled. I'd like to see Torres with Horcoff and Laraque again. Remember the first game of the year, that line was great. Then they were broken up when Raffi moved up the lines. Put 'em back together and see if it can work again.

I completely agree that Bergeron should NOT be sitting. Ferguson was knocked off the puck way too easlily against Carolina on their first goal. He's a 7th defenseman.
Bergeron has been decent defensively but adds way more offense to a defense that is still fairly slow. Not sure what MacT's thinking is.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:50 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Bergeron better be back in. I have no idea why Mac-T loves Cross and Fergie so much.
i'm starting to think the only reason why MacT would send these two out before Bergeron and Semenov is because Lowe is telling him to. Best way to shop a player is to have them play. Bergeron was playing well before the return of Brewer and the insertion of Semenov (who by the way is playing awsome..other then when he fell on his arss the other night against phoenix ).

GXL

Old
12-14-2003, 09:22 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
i'm starting to think the only reason why MacT would send these two out before Bergeron and Semenov is because Lowe is telling him to.
Nah. I don't really buy that. From the past couple of years, that has always been one of MacT's faults as a head coach. It's getting so that we all know who his favorites are and what players get more slack than others do.

Old
12-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
probably because Cross is fairly solid. And while Bergeron may be offensive, he makes more mistakes in his own zone.

Closed Thread