HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs trade proposal: Salary dump for Salary dump + future considerations

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Lambert Closse

vCash: 500
Habs trade proposal: Salary dump for Salary dump + future considerations

I don't make trade posposals because I am not good at them.

But is there in other team overpaid underachievers that you would like out for the same kind of players from teams, MTL for example.

Sometimes a change of city do wonder for some older player. Is there any taker for players like Brisebois, Audette, Rivet, Juneau or Perreault.

Please make what you think are fair proposal for these players or for other players of this type on other teams.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Takeo

Shedding the contracts would be a nice return for Montreal.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Steve L*

Some of them would clear waivers, there is no market for them. The Habs are stuck with them until their contracts expire unless they trade them for another teams overpaid headache.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I don't see how Montreal would need to trade Brisebois at this point. He received alot of crap (alot of it unjustified) but has come back strong and is now leading the team in +/- (+8) and is a legit top-4. Albeit overpaid, no need to send him anywhere, especially considering all that's left on the right side after him is Stephane "finnished" Quintal, Craig "brain cramp" Rivet and a good but unexperienced Komisarek. Brisebois isn't going anywhere.

Old
12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I don't see how Montreal would need to trade Brisebois at this point. He received alot of crap (alot of it unjustified) but has come back strong and is now leading the team in +/- (+8) and is a legit top-4. Albeit overpaid, no need to send him anywhere, especially considering all that's left on the right side after him is Stephane "finnished" Quintal, Craig "brain cramp" Rivet and a good but unexperienced Komisarek. Brisebois isn't going anywhere.
Well said.

As for the others, some have value and others do not. Audette, for instance, has for all intents and purposes suffered a career ending injury. Were it not for his guaranteed 3million/year contract, he would have probably retired, or signed with Penguins at 300k on a try-out basis.

Rivet probably has more value to the Habs than any one else. He can play well as a reliable but unspectacular 4th defenceman. But his contract is prohibitive, and he would not fetch more than a so-so draft pick or prospect, or maybe an ageing overpaid veteran with a guaranteed contract. Might as well keep him.

Juneau and Perreault will become more attractive as the season progresses, as more of their salary gets paid by the Habs. They are both good deadline candidates, as they each bring particular skill sets. Their most attractive feature is that they are both UFA after this year, and hence rentals.

IMO, they would be most valuable to a solid Western team like the Blues looking to add depth for a playoff run. Perreault's faceoffs and Juneau's defensive savy could be very useful to a veteran team with all the important pieces in place.

Old
12-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Some of them would clear waivers, there is no market for them. The Habs are stuck with them until their contracts expire unless they trade them for another teams overpaid headache.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the idea of the thread is to trade garbage for garbage. Are the Habs so bad that our garbage ain't worth other team's garbage?

Old
12-15-2003, 11:43 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Maybe it's just me but I thought the idea of the thread is to trade garbage for garbage. Are the Habs so bad that our garbage ain't worth other team's garbage?
We're so bad we sit 6th in the east lol.

Closed Thread