HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT:20/03/07 Bruins @ Habs 7PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2007, 11:13 PM
CHice

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CHice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
As it stands right now the Habs are in.......
in what?

Old
03-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHice View Post
in what?
A crazy, insane playoff race

Old
03-20-2007, 11:15 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshedw View Post
The habs have 8 games left, the only way theyre making the playoffs is not by watching the scoreboard, its by winning 7 of them.

They aint making it with 6 wins, sorry to disappoint
most of us know that

Old
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
he is playing well, but he cant win a race to save his life due to his ankle.
So you're saying, that when players get older or hurt and dimishes there skill and they are forced to change their game due to this, and is actually working and playing really well, you have to bring up the fact that they lost a step, so maybe he won't play the speed game, but more of a positional game now due to this, but still going to point out his flaws while he helps the team win.

Where do these fans come from?

Old
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
If Halak continues to shine like this it gives Huet more time to rest.

Old
03-20-2007, 11:17 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
they got to keep themselves within striking range of the rangers and make sure that they make those ranger games count.

Its the only team that montreal plays a factor against in the playoff race. (Other than the leafs but I'm not so sure that the final game of the season will mean much for one of the two teams or maybe even both).

I shudder to think how devastating a loss would have been tonight.
you will be just as devastated if we loose thursday or saturday because loosing either will finish our season. loosing for the time being isnt an option

Old
03-20-2007, 11:19 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
A crazy, insane playoff race
he was sayin in the top 8

Old
03-20-2007, 11:23 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
So you're saying, that when players get older or hurt and dimishes there skill and they are forced to change their game due to this, and is actually working and playing really well, you have to bring up the fact that they lost a step, so maybe he won't play the speed game, but more of a positional game now due to this, but still going to point out his flaws while he helps the team win.

Where do these fans come from?
born and raised habs thats where we come from, same as you....as for Janne he is playing very well but i can also bring up the fact that in game 7 of a playoff series in OT with Janne trying to beat another guy to the puck that he wouldnt get their first and it that this could cost us down the road.

Old
03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
he was sayin in the top 8
I know, thats why i was being sarcastic...If you look back I replied to his comment about being in the top 8

Old
03-20-2007, 11:30 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Isles have just tied it. Not a three point game please!
Three points are such bs. You just see points popping up on the scoreboard from no where and it ****s up the standing. Worst case scenario tonight (minus of course Habs winning)

Great game from the Higgins Pleks Kost trio. They looked very very good. Lats had a strong game, so did Halak.

Our youngsters are carrying this team, not our leaders.

Old
03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
MathMan

CH Express on... Lats just scored, awesome game for him. Great hustle, good dekes, awesome goal.

Kovalev had a strong game as well really, except that he is ridiculously snakebitten. Twice Lats gave him the puck on a platter... A breakaway, sheesh, he can't buy a goal. He's been pretty strong lately, wonder if that vertigo episode caused him to realign his priorities?

The two of them seem to have some chemistry actually, and they seem to work better together with Lappy than Plekanec.

Last edited by MathMan: 03-21-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old
03-20-2007, 11:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
born and raised habs thats where we come from, same as you....as for Janne he is playing very well but i can also bring up the fact that in game 7 of a playoff series in OT with Janne trying to beat another guy to the puck that he wouldnt get their first and it that this could cost us down the road.
bah, you can make up all the scenarios that make him seem good or bad, thing is, he is playing really good hockey, why do we need to take that away from him

Old
03-20-2007, 11:53 PM
CHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
bah, you can make up all the scenarios that make him seem good or bad, thing is, he is playing really good hockey, why do we need to take that away from him
no one is, just pointing that out

he deserves credit

Old
03-21-2007, 12:53 AM
ToysInTheAttic

I watched the game on Canadien Express when I got off work. Very nice team performance. 4 wins in the last 5 games, the team looks like they have their act together. Nice to see.

Old
03-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I watched the game on Canadien Express when I got off work. Very nice team performance. 4 wins in the last 5 games, the team looks like they have their act together. Nice to see.
Too bad we won't have *our act together* officially until we clinch a playoff spot. What a terrible tragedy, 4th all season to elimination?

Old
03-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Kirk Muller

its not like Montreal has shot out the lights in any of their games lately so to think in general the lines are good is false.

The best combo lately has been Pleks, Kosts, and Higgins. The rest have come down to simply hard working lines who try to outwork the opposition. However at some point, that isn't enough and talent will take over, and that is why you can't have Begin continually playing on the top line. Personally i think Kovalev has to be moved up. He is the most logical choice.

Its honestly hard to say without just trying the combination. We have seen combinations but at times when the team wasn't working hard, so is that really a good indication if the line works. Now that guys are skating hard again, it be interesting if we reunited a few players together.

Old
03-21-2007, 02:03 AM
MadJah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
its not like Montreal has shot out the lights in any of their games lately so to think in general the lines are good is false.

The best combo lately has been Pleks, Kosts, and Higgins. The rest have come down to simply hard working lines who try to outwork the opposition. However at some point, that isn't enough and talent will take over, and that is why you can't have Begin continually playing on the top line. Personally i think Kovalev has to be moved up. He is the most logical choice.

Its honestly hard to say without just trying the combination. We have seen combinations but at times when the team wasn't working hard, so is that really a good indication if the line works. Now that guys are skating hard again, it be interesting if we reunited a few players together.
First line doesn't mean much when you have Carbo behind the bench. Tonight, Begin and Koivu got less ice-time than Kosty or Gui.

Old
03-21-2007, 02:12 AM
TomPlex

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/scoreboard

Watch the highlights and check out Kosty's amazing tip of the pass at the blueline

Old
03-21-2007, 02:14 AM
MadJah

Quote:
you will be just as devastated if we loose thursday or saturday because loosing either will finish our season. loosing for the time being isnt an option
Loosing is, literally, never an option.

Old
03-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post

I don't know about you ,but I would rather have a hard working team then a lazy team. I think Kovalev could be double shifted ,and he wouldn't mind getting more playing time

Old
03-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post

I hate to be negative but the last time Montreal won 4 of 5 games, they followed it up with 4 straight losses... Rangers, Sabres, Bruins,Thrashers

Old
03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I hope these recent performances from Latendresse and Kostitsyn put to rest a lot of the panic people have been feeling about the state of this team in the immediate future.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs I feel it can rebound next year, and I pray that Gainey doesn't take the fall. Can he share some blame for this season? Absolutely, but by no means does it indicate that he's not the right man to strengthen our club.

Kostitsyn He's been learning a lot from Kovalev, I can promise you that. Is this really the perimeter player that was scared to take a hit in the AHL playoffs a few years back??

It seems his body has caught up with him in terms of being able to play the style he's accustomed to in his junior days. Confidence as well. Having watched his progression I can say he looks as if he had to take quite a few steps backwards in learning the NA game, and over the course of this season he's brought back the tenacity of his game years prior. Simply put, he's put it all together. Dare I say he's beginning to look like his younger brother?

Old
03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
I don't know about you ,but I would rather have a hard working team then a lazy team. I think Kovalev could be double shifted ,and he wouldn't mind getting more playing time
I agree. However what would be better, we see the team as a whole working hard like they were up until Christmas, is it better to go back to some things that used to work when they worked hard and had success? Would a hard working Koivu, Kovalev and Ryder line be better than a hard working Koivu, Ryder, Begin line.

Its great to have so called balance, however its not like they are putting up goals either. Its almost like Montreal has 3 3rd lines right now.

Old
03-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Dare I say he's beginning to look like his younger brother?
Wouldn't that be a step backwards? I'm not intending to slight Sergei here, but we drafted Andrei because he could become a gamebreaker and it was mentioned when he was drafted he had a little bit of an edge to his game. Sergei was drafted in the 7th round without anywhere near the same level of expectation. Sergei doesn't have the skill set his brother does so the comparison between the two seems a little inappropriate to me. I think it's worth remembering Sergei hasn't even played a shift in the AHL yet and we don't know what will happen with him. I'm excited about his future as many people here are but lets take it easy.

I think it would be more accurate to suggest that Andrei is starting to look like the player everyone hoped he would be when he was drafted than his younger brother who is still playing junior. That Andrei shows skills with the puck, causes problems for the other team and isn't afraid of contact isn't a suprise, so now he is doing so at the NHL level on a comparatively consistant basis (comparative due to the short amount of time he has been in Montreal) it seems odd to say he is starting to look like his kid brother who doesn't have his skills and is playing at a far lower level of competition. Sometimes I think people put a little too much stock into Sergei's willingness to play the body in junior compared to Andrei's inconsistancies and problems in the AHL.

Old
03-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshedw View Post
The habs have 8 games left, the only way theyre making the playoffs is not by watching the scoreboard, its by winning 7 of them.

They aint making it with 6 wins, sorry to disappoint
If the 6 wins include wins against the Leafs 1 and the Rangers 2, we can get in.We just need to win those 3 games especially

Closed Thread