HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbonneau completely sepperated form dressing room?

Old
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
rudethedude66

vCash: 500
Carbonneau completely sepperated form dressing room?

Okay...so i was listening to the news this morning on team990 and they are talking about huet and halak....and they play a clip from Carbonneau talking about Huet and him practicing yesterday....He says" I didnt even know he was gonna be on the ice with us today".....Is this guy not supposed to be upto speed about everything? how does he not know about his goalie and where he is at in his rehab.....It seems that he is so distanced from his players and he has no contact with anyone in the room.I realise he is a rookie coach but hes been around alot of dressing rooms and alot of coaches too....Why does this guy not have players like Kovalev,Koivu,sourray....etc...the leaders....sittin don with him discussing a few strategies or at least getting some input?....It just seems he isnt part of the "team"....If abyone remembers The Tremblay era.....or goin back to the expos days...that coach that came out in spring training in army fatigues..i think it was tom runnels....anyways...jus seems these types of coaches work very seldomly.

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post
Okay...so i was listening to the news this morning on team990 and they are talking about huet and halak....and they play a clip from Carbonneau talking about Huet and him practicing yesterday....He saysI di" dnt even know he was gonna be on the ice with us today".....Is this guy not supposed to be upto speed about everything? how does he not know about his goalie and where he is at in his rehab.....It seems that he is so distanced from his players and he has no contact with anyone in the room.I realise he is a rookie coach but hes been around alot of dressing rooms and alot of coaches too....Why does this guy not have players like Kovalev,Koivu,sourray....etc...the leaders....sittin don with him discussing a few strategies or at least getting some input?....It just seems he isnt part of the "team"....If abyone remembers The Tremblay era.....or goin back to the expos days...that coach that came out in spring training in army fatigues..i think it was tom runnels....anyways...jus seems these types of coaches work very seldomly.
i think your reading too much into one sentence .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
THEREW

"Goalie Cristobal Huet, still recovering from hamstring surgery, practised for about 40 minutes with goaltending coach Roland Melanson and strength and conditioning co-ordinator Scott Livingston, and took shots from both Tomas Plekanec and Steve Bégin. He then was on the ice for about 15 minutes with the entire team, which very pleasantly surprised head coach Guy Carbonneau."

What i understood:

Huet was taking shots from Begin and Plekanec...and then Linvingston and Melanson judged he seems ok for a practise with his teammates...wich wasn't expected because they all toughts he wasn't ready for that yet.

So Carbo was pleasantly surprised cause in the beginning, he wasn't suppose to do that...

No need to panic there.

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
All-Star

They probably asked Carbo when Huet would be back, and Carbo probably replied that at this point in Huet's rehab, it's difficult to say when he'll be back because it's still too early to judge. Healing is far from an exact science, and Carbo is not a doctor. The meaning of the line you quoted is probably something along the lines of: "I didnt even know he was gonna be on the ice with us today" because no one was sure if Huet would be up to it.

I think you're reading way too much into his comments.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREW View Post
"Goalie Cristobal Huet, still recovering from hamstring surgery, practised for about 40 minutes with goaltending coach Roland Melanson and strength and conditioning co-ordinator Scott Livingston, and took shots from both Tomas Plekanec and Steve Bégin. He then was on the ice for about 15 minutes with the entire team, which very pleasantly surprised head coach Guy Carbonneau."

What i understood:

Huet was taking shots from Begin and Plekanec...and then Linvingston and Melanson judged he seems ok for a practise with his teammates...wich wasn't expected because they all toughts he wasn't ready for that yet.

So Carbo was pleasantly surprised cause in the beginning, he wasn't suppose to do that...

No need to panic there.
Yes, it appears to have been a spur of the moment decision based on the goal tending coaches assessment. Huet seems to be very close to returning to the line-up.

Huet and Halak, I like that combo !

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREW View Post

What I understood:

Goalie Cristobal Huet shots both Tomas Plekanec and Steve Bégin which very pleasantly surprised head coach Guy Carbonneau.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
THEREW

yes you might be right...my english is not so good...

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
What I understood:

Goalie Cristobal Huet shots both Tomas Plekanec and Steve Bégin which very pleasantly surprised head coach Guy Carbonneau.

What? Plekanec and Bégin were shot by Cristobal Huet, and Carbo was happy about that?

Damn rookie coach!

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
What? Plekanec and Bégin were shot by Cristobal Huet, and Carbo was happy about that?

Damn rookie coach!

Its right there, black on white. Surprised rds hasnt picked it up yet.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

You... seem... completely... separated... from proper punctuation.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 10:54 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Yes, it appears to have been a spur of the moment decision based on the goal tending coaches assessment. Huet seems to be very close to returning to the line-up.

Huet and Halak, I like that combo !
and Price

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
zednik20

Quote:
Okay...so i was listening to the news this morning on team990 and they are talking about huet and halak....and they play a clip from Carbonneau talking about Huet and him practicing yesterday....He says" I didnt even know he was gonna be on the ice with us today".....Is this guy not supposed to be upto speed about everything? how does he not know about his goalie and where he is at in his rehab.....It seems that he is so distanced from his players and he has no contact with anyone in the room.I realise he is a rookie coach but hes been around alot of dressing rooms and alot of coaches too....Why does this guy not have players like Kovalev,Koivu,sourray....etc...the leaders....sittin don with him discussing a few strategies or at least getting some input?....It just seems he isnt part of the "team"....If abyone remembers The Tremblay era.....or goin back to the expos days...that coach that came out in spring training in army fatigues..i think it was tom runnels....anyways...jus seems these types of coaches work very seldomly.

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
ngc_5128

Quote:
I realise he is a rookie coach but hes been around alot of dressing rooms and alot of coaches too....Why does this guy not have players like Kovalev,Koivu,sourray....etc...the leaders....sittin don with him discussing a few strategies or at least getting some input?
I am pretty sure that is the job of the assistant coaches.

ngc_5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
laubelroc

carb

let carb alone with all his rookie mistakes he will learn quicker .remember bowman wasnt that good from dasy one.

laubelroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Classic HF Habs forum thread...where there is no smoke there must be fire!

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:52 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
You gotta keep 'em separated

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Alexei, please leave this board to Candiens Fans and take care of yourself.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
DCL72

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i think your reading too much into one sentence .

Are you referring to Carbonneau, or rudethedude?

DCL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
You... seem... completely... separated... from proper punctuation.
Look Hfboards is agood place to discuss about hockey, ... I am sorry if grammer mistakes offend you ...next time respects should be paid to the grammary police before each post ok?...

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
tritone

Quote:
Wow. Talk about a stretch. The spin is dizzying

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Wow. Talk about a stretch. The spin is dizzying
Tom Runnels = Bad
Tom Runnels = Guy Carbonneau
Guy Carbonneau = Bad

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:02 PM
AD

Run... Hide..

The sky is falling...

Oh won't someone think of the children!!!!

RUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:06 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I think Carbono shuld be fierd for comments liek that.

He lost the room and has no buisness beeing a couch in the NHL....

Old
03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
Look Hfboards is agood place to discuss about hockey, ... I am sorry if grammer mistakes offend you ...next time respects should be paid to the grammary police before each post ok?...

Unfortunately for the thread starter the "discussion" is done in writing. Being understood helps having a better discussion, using paragraphs and proper grammar will help make for better posts and posters.

No need to thank me.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Classic HF Habs forum thread...where there is no smoke there must be fire!
Where there is no smoke.. there must be fire!

I love it.

That is signature worthy...

It should be the Habs board slogan.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote