HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist on WFAN at 12:40

Old
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Lundqvist on WFAN at 12:40

660 am in NY

or on the net

www.radiomat.com

go to NY section, WFAN

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
in the hall

WFAN also has online streaming if you have trouble with that site.. www.wfan.com

hopefully i won't forget and listen

Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts know a bit about hockey

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Thanks.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

This is what he's gonna say...i'm paraphrasing...

"I owe everything to Bluenote13. When no one believed in me during my slump and fans were blaming me for our losses, he started the signature slogan 'Just Believe in Henke' and my fortunes turned around."

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
in the hall

they've talked a good deal of hockey so far since i turned it on 20 minutes ago.. mostly about fighting

Old
03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
in the hall

henrik is on

Old
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
in the hall

couple games after all star game feels is around the turning point where they started to feel like they can make the PO's again

defense has been great, Spec teams and PK especially

asked about diff between this and last year since he doesnt seem to be wearing down.. says he is smarter (experienced), gets in a nice rythm where he can relax, loves pressure and playing right now, its a lot of fun

Old
03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

2 things I love:

1: He says the confidence of Tom letting him play every game is huge

2: Asked about the D, he mentioned Girardi and how he looks like he's been playing for years.

Old
03-22-2007, 12:55 PM
in the hall

last year.. after Olympic breaks, goal was to make playoffs last year so maybe a mental thing since they knew they were in it.. feeling satisfied.. bar set higher this year so now more urgency

"winning here in ny is by far the best you can do so right now i think we're all just enjoying playing"

he likes the shootouts big challenge to face best players of each team

fight against fedoruk.. at first gave him a little energy, (pumped up), but afterwards when he was down everyone felt kinda wierd.. game was a bit slow but after the first goal, everyone got pumped again

contributions from young guys.. been great, so important for us as well.. very impressed with Girardi's play "looks like he's been out there for a long time".. plays great out there, knows what hes doing, doesnt make mistakes

fun to see shanahan out there skating... just having him back in the locker room is great, future HOF plays a big part in this team

sean avery.. great guy and great player.. thinks also he was a bit of a turning point.. guy that plays hard and likes to talk in the locker room to get the guys going.. good to have him here

knowing every game means a lot makes it more fun.. mentality is better this year than last year

edit: the interview was 8 minutes long.. lol that's so lame

Old
03-22-2007, 12:56 PM
dank

whew..

transcript will be up soon..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
dank

listening now..

WFAN: Weíre joined here by the RED HOT Henrik Lundqvist.. (kissing his A a little)

henrik - we've been playing really smart, team has helped me out.. playoff feel, its fun playing..

WFAN: do you think that since the st. louis game its been a turning point?

H: after all-star break we've been playing better.. not necessarily winning but definitely playing better and knew that we'd get it soon.. now the atmosphere is full of pressure, but its fun out there every night.. I donít think that the turning point was necessarily one game, but definitely after the all-star game.

WFAN: Your defense has been great lately, keeping every game close. They have really been outstanding.

H: Yeah, theyíve been great, them and the special teams. The PK has been great. And in those games, 2-1 etc, they need to be and have been huge..

WFAN: You've gotten better as the season has gone on. You look good, and not tired, as opposed to last season. What is difference and the reason?

H: I got smarter this year. Last year there was a lot of new stuff for me.. I also feel really good about Tom giving me all the games, and it gives me confidence. Its all about the mindset, if you know you are going to play a lot, you have to manage your time a lot better. You learn to choose which practices, morning skates you join, when to rest, you have to know.

WFAN: Did the Olympics take too much of a toll last year?

H: Yeah, we played well in a couple games after, but we were tired. Also we thought too much about MAKING the playoffs. This year the bar is set higher, we want to make things happen.

WFAN: You think you need a day off before season is over?

H: No not really, hopefully not, we need to continue. The fans are great, best place to play in front of fans.

WFAN: How do you feel about the SOs?

H: Yea, its been working pretty well. As a goalie you play a big part to try and get the extra point, worst thing is losing a SO, you played a big part, but winning is great on other hand.

WFAN: The Colton Orr fight, it was awful, but did it add energy?

H: It did at first, but then it was weird and felt bad to see how bad he got hurt. The game was slow a bit after. Took a bit to get intensity back, not sure if it gave anyone an advantage, the first goal was great.

WFAN: Young guys have been huge with their contributions.. Dan Girardi, Dubinsky even though he was sent down, Callahan, and Pock, Even valley, how about them?

H: Its been great, so important for us right now, because of our injuries. Been very impressed by Girardi, looks like heís been out there a long time, makes good choices. We need them.

WFAN: Did you guys have extra emotions last night because of Shanny coming back?

H: It was fun to have him back. He's been around, but it was great to see him. Having him back even in locker room is great, future HHOF, and a big part of the team, it is great to see him out there.

WFAN: Speaking of huge guys, Sean Avery, what an addition, always involved and very fiesty, how about him?

H: (Laughs) He's a great guy and a great player. Also a little bit of turning point in the season when he came around, we had a great game in NJ, just what we need, a guy who plays hard, in the locker room, etc.

WFAN: How much did last year did losing to the Devils in the playoffs help?

H: I think all the guys have played big games, every game means a lot. We have a better feeling now than last year at this time. A couple months ago it looked pretty bad, now it looks much better, we are back in the race. Looking forward to Boston.

WFAN:
The Granger commercial, the one with the 2 girls. how you doin'? Was great do you have an acting career after hockey?

H: (Laughs) I donít know, I think Iíll stick to hockey, thanks for telling me though.

WFAN: Thanks for being on Henrik, good luck and stay healthy!

H: thanks

WFAN:
I donít think there is a better goalie out there in the NHL than Henrik right now..

whew..

Old
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
philbo

What are you a court reporter or something? Quick typist Nice job thanks for transcribing.

I wonder if the NYR getting better from a franchise standpoint will slowly turn Jabba and the Mad dog to giving Hockey more than 5min a week?

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
What are you a court reporter or something? Quick typist Nice job thanks for transcribing.

I wonder if the NYR getting better from a franchise standpoint will slowly turn Jabba and the Mad dog to giving Hockey more than 5min a week?
Even if they did, their opinions are worth VERY little.

Old
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Even if they did, their opinions are worth VERY little.
I understand it would be nice to give Hockey fans locally a larger forum to call-in, or maybe listen to interviews like today, but I know you're right.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
dank

Quote:
haha, nope, i took some fast notes, and then reformatted for comfortable reading in Word..

no problem..

Old
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He even throws in the laughs. Great work!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I understand it would be nice to give Hockey fans locally a larger forum to call-in, or maybe listen to interviews like today, but I know you're right.
I usually disagree with 90% of the calls they get from fans. Not for nothing, but the idiots seem to be willing to call in more than the educated hockey fans.

Would you sit through an hour of "Why don't they shoot?", "Malik is the reason this team sucks", "Renney has no clue". ?

Old
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Some idiot calls in and says the fight was Renney's fault because he put Orr to start the game to goon it up. People are jackasses. Starting Lineups for Philly:
ANTERO NIITTYMAKI
DERIAN HATCHER
BRAYDON COBURN
R.J. UMBERGER
SAMI KAPANEN
DIMITRY AFANASENKOV

Fedoruk was not there at all. Orr was in the Rangers starting lineup. Philly saw Orr on the ice and put it's goon on the ice immediately to fight Orr. Period.

If I wasn't at work, I'd call in and set the record straight.

EDIT: Russo just said what I said and basically blamed Philly.

Old
03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Would you sit through an hour of "Why don't they shoot?", "Malik is the reason this team sucks", "Renney has no clue". ?
seems like i spend more than hour on that stuff on this site, daily! haha..

Old
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
2Leetch_94

lol, Renney been starting the 4th line for a while now...wasn't something new. Flyers changed and put Fedoruk out there, how is this Renney's fault? Jeez, people need to get a brain before they're allowed to call. Fights happen, it fires up the teams, whatever....nobody wants to see anyone seriously injuried but let's not act like people get knocked out cold every night. Cheap shots are a bigger issue than fights in Hockey.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
seems like i spend more than hour on that stuff on this site, daily! haha..
True, true.

But this board is alot better then what you get at other places.

Old
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Funniest, (although unintended) part of the interview...Beningo asking Lundqvist about the kids playing well, mentioning Pock and Valiquette...BOTH older than Lundqvist.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I can't stand listening to Francessa say how the NHL condones fighting and that it makes them look bad and that in the NFL that doesn't happen and in international play it doesn't happen, etc. They don't know jack. One caller even told them that listening to them talk hockey makes him want to bang his head on the wall.

Old
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
One caller even told them that listening to them talk hockey makes him want to bang his head on the wall.
That just about sums it up.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 03:31 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Did anyone hear the caller about 15 minutes ago say that Fedoruk was already out there and then Renney put Orr out there? Then he said they were both lined up together on the opening face off!? hahaha what an idiot. Guy must have been on LSD.