HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT | Rangers vs Flyers | 3/21/07 | MSG 7:30

Old
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Nice, 4 points on the Isles, three on Habs & Leafs. 1 point behind the Bolts.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ugh, I wouldn't want to see it. They are the only team I do not want to play in the first round. They just always find a way to win no matter how badly we out play them.
It would be a spirited, edge of your seat series. I think Henke's ready to go toe-to-toe with Brodeur, and Avery would drive the Debbies nuts.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkStranger

Colton Orr knocked Fedoruk cold

Hopefully he is ok. Link to the fight

http://www.sendspace.com/file/einzpv

NewYorkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
philbo

Not going to go out and buy his jersey quite yet, but Colton Orr is starting to develop into a useful 4th line player. Nice to see all of this development happeing w/ our team!

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It would be a spirited, edge of your seat series. I think Henke's ready to go toe-to-toe with Brodeur, and Avery would drive the Debbies nuts.
And yet they'd still win. I'd rather go into a series with a chance to win.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ugh, I wouldn't want to see it. They are the only team I do not want to play in the first round. They just always find a way to win no matter how badly we out play them.
Totally agree, Playing the Debbies in the 1st round would just suck all the mojo right out of our lockeroom.

Old
03-21-2007, 09:37 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Thats exactly what he had comming, did you see his last game?

He ran Jagr at full speed when JJ didn't even have the puck, he tryed to do THAT to Jagr.

This one is on Philly's coach for trying to pull what they did last game. You don't try to send the other teams best player out on a stretcher like they did.

So, its sad to see, but if you talk the talk you walk the walk.
Dead on. I agree. The way the Flyers ran the Rangers last time with obvious intent to injure this is exactly what the Flyers deserved. Sorry, but you try to hurt other teams players and you've earned whatever happens to your players. Great shot by Orr!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm noticing how even the ice time was throughout the lineup.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Dead on. I agree. The way the Flyers ran the Rangers last time with obvious intent to injure this is exactly what the Flyers deserved. Sorry, but you try to hurt other teams players and you've earned whatever happens to your players. Great shot by Orr!
To quote Dave Maloney..."a lot of demons exorcised with that one punch." If ever a franchise had it coming from a Ranger, it would be the Flyers. As for this foolish notion of "was it a deterrent" that I'm hearing from Giannone and now Steve Somers, er, excuse, but, did Fedoruk run ANYBODY after that? Did Ben Eager have ANY effect on the game besides leaving the ice as Prucha was scoring the 1st goal? Oh, so he took a couple of runs mid-first period, and then Orr got him off the ice shortly after. Tonight goes under the column titled "TCB".

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
fedoruk is fine according to msn

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
fedoruk is fine according to msn
That's good to hear. It should be the end of his fighting days.

03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think Brodeur is ready to go toe-to-toe with Henrik!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Richter35

was at the game tonite.. complete demolition job folks. rangers brought it from the start. kudos to orr for laying it down and avery for being a mini mario and hank for being the man.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's good to hear. It should be the end of his fighting days.
If not his career. Orr might have finished the job that the Boogeyman started.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
stuart

Fedoruk done fighting

he has been blasted twice. he is done fighting, he can have serious damage if he continues..

He takes a pucnh like Jerry Cooney.

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Does the Flyers' coach ever show emotion?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I hope Todd's alright. He's generally a clean player, I would have liked to have had him when he was available, but Colton's really stepping it up overall.

I rather would have seen Colton fare better against Eager, he's the guy that I don't like.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
philbo

I was just over on the Flyer board reading some of their postings during the game. I hate to paint w/ such a broad brush, but it seemed all they care about is which flyer just layed out which ranger, it's pathetic it's all they care about talk about or look forward to.

"oh eager gave orr a fat lip, - damn all our fighters are now hurt, - Afanasenkov just deked two Rangers, - Hollweg got leveled!; -woo affy whooped mara's ass dirty but still entertaining, - haha, Affy elbowed Hollweg to the head but I don't care because it's Hollweg - Affy just went up even higher in my books =) Yeah, it was a dirty hit but he has impressed the hell out of my lately "

I'm so glad they suck now, and have only a few bright prospects on the horizon. That's one team I'll never get tired of rooting against. Plain and simple that organization and it's fans hurt the image of hockey.

Old
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Anybody mentioned the Sather & Maloney's outstanding trade for Sean Avery? The Mara trade isn't looking too bad either. Not bad play from a career minus player. Based upon comparative stats what is the team's GAA when Pock's been [laying during this stretch?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
This is our house baby be ready

Went to the game tonight with my friend I haven't seen in 10 years. Got there a minute before game time and then run smack into Nicky Fotiu who exchanges a few greetings with me and head for the seats in sec 314.

Right off the bat the man that I have defended all year goes and does his job !!!! that was a statement punch don't hit Jagr. Guys hope that Todd is ok but we needed to send that message this is our house baby and you better think twice before coming in it and hitting our stars.http://nhl-hockey-fights.blogspot.co...l/Colton%20Orr

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamD1337 View Post
Hey guys I'm a Bruins fan (I know you guys probably don't like me very much becuase of that and yes I know we suck bad.)

Just wanted to come by and tell you guys that Colton Orr's punch was awesome tonight. Trust me a ton of us Bruins fans still follow Colton Orr heavily. He was so good in Boston in his role.

Hope you guys can appreciate what I had to say becuase you guys are extremely blessed to have a guy like him on your team. :-)
Thanks for your kind words. They are appreciated.

I was on your board the night we acquired him. There was a lot of angst about the fact that he had been let go. Orr has worked his tail off to become a better player and is slowly(ever so it would seem) winning over his many detractors here.

The guy has just worked so hard and I'm always going to root hard for a player like that.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Anybody mentioned the Sather & Maloney's outstanding trade for Sean Avery? The Mara trade isn't looking too bad either. Not bad play from a career minus player. Based upon comparative stats what is the team's GAA when Pock's been [laying during this stretch?
I was 50/50 on the trade when it happened because I didn't want to lose Cliche, but damn..I love Avery. He brings exactly what the team lacked the whole season. I hope we lock him up for a good 3-4 years this offseason.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
I was just over on the Flyer board reading some of their postings during the game. I hate to paint w/ such a broad brush, but it seemed all they care about is which flyer just layed out which ranger, it's pathetic it's all they care about talk about or look forward to.

"oh eager gave orr a fat lip, - damn all our fighters are now hurt, - Afanasenkov just deked two Rangers, - Hollweg got leveled!; -woo affy whooped mara's ass dirty but still entertaining, - haha, Affy elbowed Hollweg to the head but I don't care because it's Hollweg - Affy just went up even higher in my books =) Yeah, it was a dirty hit but he has impressed the hell out of my lately "

I'm so glad they suck now, and have only a few bright prospects on the horizon. That's one team I'll never get tired of rooting against. Plain and simple that organization and it's fans hurt the image of hockey.
Yeah, I was tempted to go over there and look around too. Just might have to do it now after reading your post. They are in a world of S#$T in flea land, and I have to say I don't feel bad for 'em at all. When I was a kid they behaved like complete cretins. When the Rangers went there it was like they were being fed to the lions....and the flea fans just howled with pleasure. I'll never forget that. Glad to here Todd's OK. Don't want to see a guy hurt bad, even a flea.

Add the flea fans to the "EXPERTS" and F 'em, F 'em all.

Lets Go Rangers!!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

yay my new avatar works!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:57 PM
NYROrtsFan

Orr is already playing as a good 4th liner... That line has gotten matched up against the better lines in the league for the last two weeks and shut them down. T here were plenty of articles about it a couple days back. (or maybe it was yesterday)

As far as Orr's fighting, the guy isn't amazingly big (Boogaard) or amazingly strong (Laraque) so he's not going to go out there dominating everyone he faces consistently. But he has big time hands, can take a shot, and stamina for days so he's a very good figther.

He took a big shot at Eager and just lost his balance where Eager wrestled him to the ground. Eager didnt look like he wanted to fight anyway. Dont think he even threw or landed a punch on Colton.

As far as the game goes, great stuff... The team looks really good and it is great to see.

Lundqvist is playing amazing... Last year I thought a good amount of the success went to the defensive play, but this year he just makes save after save after save...

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote