HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | Rangers vs Flyers | 3/21/07 | MSG 7:30

Old
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
bathgate

vCash: 500
If the team can continue its defense first discipline and regain the services of Straka, Hossa and Tyutin, the team could be very formible the rest of the way. The four game road trip is huge. I believe we need five or six points. It does not appear unreasonable.Perhaps the team is coming together at the right time.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
WheresBarnaby

Fun game to watch, we better do the same next time we play them, gotta keep winning!!

That 5th goal was That's the kind of highlight goal team out west are usually scoring. Twas a beautiful, beautiful thing.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Fun game to watch, we better do the same next time we play them, gotta keep winning!!
Yeah, it were a awsome game to watch, but we weren't that good. Need to pick it up against Boston.

Philly really stunk. The tempo were extremely low.

I am a little afraid about how we will look after the Boston game. I thought we played great against Pitts, Atlanta and Co. Playing against weak teams like Philly and Boston could maybe make us a bit too comfortable. Hopefully not though.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 09:23 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, it were a awsome game to watch, but we weren't that good. Need to pick it up against Boston.

Philly really stunk. The tempo were extremely low.

I am a little afraid about how we will look after the Boston game. I thought we played great against Pitts, Atlanta and Co. Playing against weak teams like Philly and Boston could maybe make us a bit too comfortable. Hopefully not though.
Good point. I felt the same way. However, the key to a good team is to be able to win these games while not playing your best. Clearly will need to turn it up against the Isles and Canadians and Bruins in beantown.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Il Capitano

Jagr looked like a mad man out there last night. He shot the puck more than I've seen him do since the beginning of the season (7 Shots on Goal). Hopefully this is a sign of him snapping out of his drought.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Not only that he's skating on a different level. He really looked like vintage Jagr last night. Dominating on the puck.

03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
BuRe#9

I sure hope so. Luckily the team is playing well and picking up the slack for Jags, but he will come around.

C'mon its Jaromir Jagr.

BuRe#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Funny we're waiting on a guy with 86 points to "come around" ??

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Prucha's Goal Last Night

Very underrated goal. Am I the only one who watches the kid storm down the ice, make a move, and THEN he takes his stick, knocks the Flyer's dman's stick up off the ice and then shoots it right between his legs and into the net. Pure genious.

I can't believe that move got no mention as to how awesome it was.

Old
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Jeds2StepOpus

Absolutely! Prucha is something else!

Pruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-Ka!

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
BigE

Philadelphia and Boston aren't exactly top-flight teams, and while it's encouraging that we did not lose the 2 goal leads we have to stay grounded.

It's got to be one game at a time from here on out. Forget about the last opponent and move onto the new opponent.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
ogie

I think everyone expects him to put up numbers like he has last year, and they should considering the team has been built around him.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
NYROrtsFan

As time goes and he doesnt take any more big time hits, everything on him heals...

As he gets completely healthy, the dude is probably top 3 in the league.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:14 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

great stuff....

i really like how on other boards hes called soft....but if you watch the play he gets knocked on his butt then just gets up and does everything you just said...

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
BigE

Nice goal, yeah, but he's still trying to do too much. He got caught trying to make that extra move again, but fortunately the puck bounced back onto his stick and he was able to slap it through Nittymaki.

I'd much rather see him make one head fake, then move the angle of the puck and just pump it. He's going into a 1 on 2 with no help and from the middle of the ice - there's no way he beats those defenders clean.

I counted probably 2-3 opportunities aside from his goal where he was in the slot and made one additional move last night instead of shooting. At one point he was on the powerplay and a lane opened up for him straight to the slot because two defenders peeled off of him (I suppose they believed he was about to pass) and instead of attacking he took one step and then dished back to Nylander.

He's got one helluva shot; now he's just got to use it more.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
westley23j

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Jagr looked like a mad man out there last night. He shot the puck more than I've seen him do since the beginning of the season (7 Shots on Goal). Hopefully this is a sign of him snapping out of his drought.

if this was a sign of him FINALLY breaking out of a slump, and you are referencing the beginning of the season, that was one HELL of a slump....just a quick thought while i browse at work

westley23j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He was on fire from October - Mid Decemberish then he cooled off. Hopefully he turns it back on when it counts. I mean sure, he's still averaging over a point a game. However, we know he's capable of much more.

Old
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Nice goal, yeah, but he's still trying to do too much. He got caught trying to make that extra move again, but fortunately the puck bounced back onto his stick and he was able to slap it through Nittymaki.
Actually watch the play. Where you think he "lost it" he actually let the puck go and this is where he takes his stick and lifts the defender's stick up and puts the puck in a perfect position to shoot. That's why I say it's pure genious.

Old
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Very underrated goal. Am I the only one who watches the kid storm down the ice, make a move, and THEN he takes his stick, knocks the Flyer's dman's stick up off the ice and then shoots it right between his legs and into the net. Pure genious.

I can't believe that move got no mention as to how awesome it was.
Totally agree, and as the first goal of the game not long after the KO, it was a huge goal. The crowd started loud, but after the delay with Fedoruk being taken off on a stretcher, the crowd had naturally calmed down. Prucha got them going again.

Also you have to add to your description that Prucha was flattened right before he picked up the puck and went down to score the goal. Kid has the heart of a lion.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Your right, it does sound wrong. If you like him or not you shouldn't wish any player to get a serious injury. Many fans hate Hollweg but most don't wish him to get a serious injury(or any injury) that could end his career. The NHL has them, they have their role, hate them, but don't wish something bad upon them that will effect their career or even worse...their life.
C'mon FLY, Isles fans, Devils fans... they all do. They go as far as to say that he milked it, and then say they wish Simon would have taken him out for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Best game I've ever been to, hands down.

Nobody wants to see someone get hurt, but Fedoruk getting knocked out 21 seconds into the game was amazing. The crowd was going nuts, as they were all night. There certainly was a lot to cheer about.

God, I love Avery. He's one of the big reasons for our turnaround. He provides this team with something we definitely lacked and he has given us a different identity.

The Callahan-Avery-Shanahan line was awesome. Keep them together for the rest of the year, please.

Glad to see Ortmeyer score tonight. He threw me a puck after warm-ups before the last game of the season last year against Ottawa, which was awesome. And then he scores his only two goals of the season in the two games I've been to (Jan 13th vs BOS and tonight). I'm his good luck charm

Exactly. I had this conversation with my friend on the train coming home from the game. Last year there was never any doubt down the stretch that they would miss the playoffs and they took their foot off the pedal. The team wound up unraveling and getting swept. This year they've had to fight and claw through every game down the stretch, fighting for their lives. Every game is a playoff game. They have had to keep their foot on the pedal, and hopefully it continues into the playoffs. See Edmonton last year. They had to fight for the lives to just make the playoffs, and it carried over once they got there.
Were you at the playoff clincher last year vs the Flyers when Weekes went insane and was stoning everyone?

I was, and that was arguably the best game I've ever been to.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Madness

Great Game

Avery was the best player on the ice, simply amazing and showed nice playmaking abilities (IMO mostly because he was given the time and space to do so but it's nice to see nonetheless), he played really well and should play with Shanny for the rest of the season, these type of players don't grow on trees.

Henrik was outstanding, the way he is playing rigt now shows how confident he is, best described as a moving wall.

It showed that Shanny was back from a head injury skating somewhat slowly and cautiously, but his presence is important to the team and it shows, he will get better for each game.

Girardi and Rozsival were our best players on defense, Callahan is creating scoring chances for himself already as well as creating space for his linemates, totally deserves the ice time he's getting, hopefully he won't show any weaknesses in his game and continue to put in the effort needed to play at this level.

Let's see what happens when Straka is back (Straka-Avery-Shanahan or do we put Straka back on the first line or may be with Cullen). Nylander had a solid game and could've had 2-3 more assists easily, Jagr was shooting much better than before wich is a good sign, hopefully his shot will only get better. The 4th line was very good.

Probably the most disciplined game we've played the whole season.

I was really worried that the Rangers would underestimate the Flyers, but that wasn't the case and even if the Rangers had played somewhat effortlessly they would've won the game because the Flyers didn't seem to care, so the Rangers played at a higher level than what was required to win the game wich is very important to their play in the upcoming games.

Rangers are playing as a team, something that they didn't do earlier this season.

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

This game went exactly how it shouldve. The Flyers basically have an AHL squad with nothing to play for on a back to back night wherein their top fighter was taken off on a stretcher 20 seconds in. We did what was expected, no need to do cartwheels, lets just hope it keeps them up and ready for two tough ones this weekend.

Btw, Sean Avery says after the 2nd period - "Henrik kept us in the game in the first period"

Anyone see it that way...?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This game went exactly how it shouldve. The Flyers basically have an AHL squad with nothing to play for on a back to back night wherein their top fighter was taken off on a stretcher 20 seconds in. We did what was expected, no need to do cartwheels, lets just hope it keeps them up and ready for two tough ones this weekend.
But, in the light of the past game against the Flyers, this game was a revelation. This team remains focused, which is not something Ranger fans are used to seeing. They've played tight games against quality opponents, and, lately, when they've had the chance for laughers - Boston and Philly - they've taken care of matters.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, in the light of the past game against the Flyers, this game was a revelation. This team remains focused, which is not something Ranger fans are used to seeing. They've played tight games against quality opponents, and, lately, when they've had the chance for laughers - Boston and Philly - they've taken care of matters.
This was not the same Flyer team. Last time we played them they had almost two full lines of players that were missing last night. We hadn't shutout the Flyers at home since 1981, that should tell you something.

Yes this team is focused, moreso than any team we've fielded in years, no argument there. Last nights win was exactly what i expected from a team who had one loss in its last 11 games.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Rangers 5 Flyers 0
Malik with hattrick.
Nice call....well the 1st part

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote