HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet to start full practices with the team on Friday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
  #1
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Huet to start full practices with the team on Friday

Didn't see posted anywhere and I thought some of you might be interested...

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...mercredi.shtml

They say Huet is to start normal full-time practices with the team on Friday. He's quickly progressing but no precise date has been announced yet for his return.

Skated 40 minutes with the team today (Wednesday).

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
  #2
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Didn't see posted anywhere and I thought some of you might be interested...

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...mercredi.shtml

They say Huet is to start normal full-time practices with the team on Friday. He's quickly progressing but no precise date has been announced yet for his return.

Skated 40 minutes with the team today (Wednesday).

it would be very nice to have Huet as starter and Halak as a backup, in case Huet if he returns struggles. Send Aebisher to hamilton...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:20 PM
  #3
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,625
vCash: 500
I know they were saying a possible chance he could start against the rangers, but if Halak keeps playing well perhaps it would be wise to give Huet as we have 3 days off after the rangers game when we play the sens then Sabres in back to back games, ouch.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
  #4
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
If Halak continues to play well and Huet is ready, I would send Huet to Hamilton to re-conditioning so he can play a couple of games and keep Abby as a back-up. If Halak plays bad for 1-2 games, then bring back Huet let him be the starter with Halak as a backup and send Abby to Hamilton. If we managed to clinch a playoffs spot with 1-2 games left (almost impossible tho), I would start Huet for the last games and we'll see what he can do.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
  #5
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
If Halak continues to play well and Huet is ready, I would send Huet to Hamilton to re-conditioning so he can play a couple of games and keep Abby as a back-up. If Halak plays bad for 1-2 games, then bring back Huet let him be the starter with Halak as a backup and send Abby to Hamilton. If we managed to clinch a playoffs spot with 1-2 games left (almost impossible tho), I would start Huet for the last games and we'll see what he can do.
There are no re-conditioning stints after the trade deadline.

This is right out of Lou Lamoriello's mouth when he was discussing the Richard Matvichuk situation on the Leafs radio network a couple of weeks back.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 05:03 PM
  #6
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
There are no re-conditioning stints after the trade deadline.

This is right out of Lou Lamoriello's mouth when he was discussing the Richard Matvichuk situation on the Leafs radio network a couple of weeks back.
Also, no need to send anyone down, as rosters are expanded at the deadline. I don't know what that does to the cap, tho.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
  #7
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Also, no need to send anyone down, as rosters are expanded at the deadline. I don't know what that does to the cap, tho.
Doesn't matter. With no acquisition at the deadline, and losing a couple hundred thousand with the Rivet deal, we'll be under this year even with the Leighton waiver claim and Halak call-up.

We never placed a player on long-term injury reserve this year, did we?

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
  #8
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Also, no need to send anyone down, as rosters are expanded at the deadline. I don't know what that does to the cap, tho.
Huet doesn't count against the cap until he's cleared to play. Everyone on the roster counts though, Leighton included.

Strange that there are no conditioning stints in the AHL since my understanding was that the player still counted against the cap on the big club.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
  #9
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Doesn't matter. With no acquisition at the deadline, and losing a couple hundred thousand with the Rivet deal, we'll be under this year even with the Leighton waiver claim and Halak call-up.

We never placed a player on long-term injury reserve this year, did we?
Higgins was iirc.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 05:20 PM
  #10
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Higgins was If I recall correctly.
His cap hit is minimal anyways. I was thinking Kovalev earlier in the year.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
  #11
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,959
vCash: 500
Awards:
Cristowho?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
  #12
Gabisonfire
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MTL
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
it would be very nice to have Huet as starter and Halak as a backup, in case Huet if he returns struggles. Send Aebisher to hamilton...

Wow, comon, Huet was not that great during the season. I know the team was not doing well at all. Halak is doing well, and even if he gets a couple of bad games, we have to keep in front of the net. You can't take a chance to put huet in the net at this point of the season. NONONONONO.

Gabisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
  #13
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,996
vCash: 2600


Huet was not that great ?! What the hell you have a short memory.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
  #14
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabsonfire View Post
Wow, comon, Huet was not that great during the season. I know the team was not doing well at all. Halak is doing well, and even if he gets a couple of bad games, we have to keep in front of the net. You can't take a chance to put huet in the net at this point of the season. NONONONONO.
He made it to the all star game, he had a mini slump before his injury but thats it. Was the team MVP.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 06:31 PM
  #15
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I thought he would be practicing a bit sooner from the news last week. But this still is good news, I did not know there were no conditioning stints, so thanks for the tidbit.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 07:39 PM
  #16
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Doesn't matter. With no acquisition at the deadline, and losing a couple hundred thousand with the Rivet deal, we'll be under this year even with the Leighton waiver claim and Halak call-up.

We never placed a player on long-term injury reserve this year, did we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Higgins was If I recall correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
His cap hit is minimal anyways. I was thinking Kovalev earlier in the year.
This must have been discussed a million times since the last CBA, but it's pretty difficult.

Doesn't matter if a player was placed on long-term injury. His cap hit remains the same when he returns and the team gets no cap savings at all - basically the same as if the player was never injured.

All long-term injury does is allow a team to go over the cap temporarily if adding a replacement player(s) valued at up to the same amount of salary as the injured player takes you over the cap. (long sentence, but there you go ). Team has to return under the cap before the injured player is reactivated too.

Higgins' salary is small anyway. I think Bouillon & Huet were on long-term injury. But Bouillon returned and Huet is just about to. Anyway, adding replacement players with salary equal to proportion of Huet's or Bouillon's salary for which they were out wouldn't have put the Habs over the cap.

Anyway, this is pretty much irrelevant since the team got pretty significant relief in total payroll when Rivet was traded. Also, you don't count salary for the proportion of time a player was in the minors (ex: Downey, Milroy, Lapierre, Kostitsyn, Halak salaries only count for the proportion of time in the NHL). So guys like Kostitsyn & Halak are counting as very little towards the cap.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
  #17
Chfan
HFB Partner
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,003
vCash: 500
God Huet wasn't that great? He was the best goaltender in the league before the whole team began to slump. He was dominating.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
  #18
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,024
vCash: 256
It would be great to get Huet back for both games against the Rags

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
  #19
Penalty Killer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
As much as I love what Halak has done the past couple games, getting Huet back next week would be awesome.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2007, 11:17 PM
  #20
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
The team is playing a lot better defensively now, so Huet would be hard to score against. It would be nice to see a Huet/Halak rotation.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 03:41 AM
  #21
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,480
vCash: 500
If possible, I'd like to see him satarting next saturday (not this upcoming saturday)

we have a back to back against buff and ottawa at that time. I know he might be rusty... but this team has put themself in a situation where they have to take that risk. Of course, if halak continues to play lights out, my opinion may change.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:37 AM
  #22
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Cristowho?
CristoWALL!

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:41 AM
  #23
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
If possible, I'd like to see him satarting next saturday (not this upcoming saturday)

we have a back to back against buff and ottawa at that time. I know he might be rusty... but this team has put themself in a situation where they have to take that risk. Of course, if halak continues to play lights out, my opinion may change.
That was my initial thought earlier in the week is that we would see Huet next weekend. Between then we have Boston tonight, Washington on Sat and the Rangers on Tues/Wed (can't remember the exact day). Then the Friday/Saturday against Ottawa-Buffalo. I think a lot will depend on how Halak plays tonight and Saturday because I'm assuming Huet will be ready to go for the Ranger game. If Halak wins tonight and Saturday then I'd play him against NY. I think no matter what happens we'll at least see Huet play one game in that back-to-back.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
  #24
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
CristoWALL!
Or, as he's know at our place, San Cristobal, Cristobal Sanctu.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.