HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Skille signing soon with the Blackhawks

Old
03-22-2007, 03:11 AM
bullsville

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to bullsville
Skille signing soon with the Blackhawks

Nice to hear it...

http://www.nbc15.com/sports/headlines/6626122.html
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/spor...125314&ntpid=2

bullsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Form and Substance

I guess he is kind of underrated, even if he didn't produce for squat in college.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
I guess he is kind of underrated, even if he didn't produce for squat in college.
why have him leave early though, considering he hasnt put up numbers yet i would think it would be good for him to develop in College and start to put some pucks in the net.

I guess the Hawks feel he is ready though, and he does look like a "pro" style prospect.

VanW27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Well i know his numbers aren't great but he hyper extended his elbow earlier in the season (only played 26 games) and he wasn't exactly on an offensive powerhouse of a team. Wisconsin only averaged just over 2 goals per game all season and their highest scorer had 29 points in 40 games. When he was playing for the USA in the WJCs and he was playing with some more skilled players he played well and put up decent stats even though he didn't get that much ice time.

Last edited by Zim: 03-22-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Zim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Skille will be a much better pro than college player IMO.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Skille's teammate Jake Dowell is also close to signing with the Hawks

Quote:
Of the current seniors, Eaves said center and assistant captain Jake Dowell is close to signing with the Blackhawks
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/spor...125063&ntpid=4

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Skille will be a much better pro than college player IMO.
Yes, I think this as well.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
hawksfan50

Dale Tallon says Skille "might" be a better pro than he was as a college player--Hawks' fans have to hope that turns true--because ,from the hype about him and his underwhelming scoring in the NCAA in 2 years,he sure looks like a big mistake instead of taking Kopitar (who was my choice --but alas they made another Frolov bypass error,IMO,so i hope Skille does not turn out another Yakubov/Vorobiev first rounder bust)...

GM handbook rule#1:

When your top ten first round pick underwhelms,trot out the "he'll be better as a pro" line...

GM handbook rule #2:
If your early pick was a "power forward" who failed to dominate his competition level after you drafted him,trot out the "it always takes power forwards longer to develop
line"..

GM handbook rule #3:
If your top ten pick "power forward" prospect either totally busts or merely makes it as a marginal third line checker type in the NHL,prepare your speech to the press because you'll be soon getting te pink slip...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
He doesn't see the ice well and I question his hockey IQ. But Skille is a big kid with fantastic skating ability and an elite release. He owns a booming shot. The possible Bill Guerin comparison seems right on, although it will be up to him if he can reach that goal.. as Skille is very guilty of taking nights off that's for sure.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Dale Tallon says Skille "might" be a better pro than he was as a college player--Hawks' fans have to hope that turns true--because ,from the hype about him and his underwhelming scoring in the NCAA in 2 years,he sure looks like a big mistake instead of taking Kopitar (who was my choice --but alas they made another Frolov bypass error,IMO,so i hope Skille does not turn out another Yakubov/Vorobiev first rounder bust)...
Jesus do you not harp on enough about Kopitar on Stuy's board that you need to do it here as well?

Old
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
elvisisalive

It's terrible isn't it, 50 carries on and on about the same thing over and over again. Man I wish he was a wings fan or something, it's getting to be annoying as hell

elvisisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

I have watched Skille for the past few years, as Wisconsin is in the WCHA, i have personally seen him play a few times. sure, he isnt a Jonathan Toews-esque scoring threat, but he sure is a good player. From what i have seen, he has pretty good vision on the ice, and definitely is a presence on the ice. If he goes ahead and signs, he may play in their AHL team for a while. The Hawks are already aout of the playoffs, so there is no need to use him to try and make a run. So who knows. But if Dowell, Skille, and Toews all sign this offseason, it's gonna be a great young year for Chicago next season, especially if they can get 1 or 2 good off-season free-agent signings.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingSioux4ever View Post
I have watched Skille for the past few years, as Wisconsin is in the WCHA, i have personally seen him play a few times. sure, he isnt a Jonathan Toews-esque scoring threat, but he sure is a good player. From what i have seen, he has pretty good vision on the ice, and definitely is a presence on the ice. If he goes ahead and signs, he may play in their AHL team for a while. The Hawks are already aout of the playoffs, so there is no need to use him to try and make a run. So who knows. But if Dowell, Skille, and Toews all sign this offseason, it's gonna be a great young year for Chicago next season, especially if they can get 1 or 2 good off-season free-agent signings.
It has been confirmed that he has signed. http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...ry1.php?id=610

I believe this means that Skille will play with the Admirals this season and try and help them win the Calder cup. So hopefully after a successful playoff run in Norfolk he'll arrive at camp and play his way onto the NHL roster.