HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Need Fixing but Have Limited Options

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 03:59 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers Need Fixing but Have Limited Options

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
12-15-2003, 06:39 AM
atn1944

A handymans special

Like some handyman specials this team needs more then fixing. It needs
to betotally dismantled. A few new screws are't going to restore it. It was ill conceived from the start. Lindros, Messier, Leetch (who hasn't added anything since his return inspite of what the two shills, Davidson and Rosen say), Nedved, the entire defense, Sather, especially Sather, etc. Need I go on.

It's time for Ranger fans to recognize that the team stinks. I use the term "team" loosely. Theyre, old, slow, lacking in toughness and motivation. In a nutshell they are bad.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN

It's time for Ranger fans to recognize that the team stinks. I use the term "team" loosely.

Are you serious? Believe me, Rangers fans have recognized the quality of his team a long time ago.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:21 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN
It's time for Ranger fans to recognize that the team stinks. I use the term "team" loosely. Theyre, old, slow, lacking in toughness and motivation. In a nutshell they are bad.
If you talk to any Rangers fan, they will be the first to tell you how they HATE the way their team is constructed. Sather acquired Eric Lindros when it was pretty clear that the fans were against that trade as soon as the rumors surfaced in the summer of 2001.

Besides Jim Dolan selling the team, the best options for the Rangers is to just play out the season. Who knows what kind of salary restrictions will result in the upcoming CBA and the Rangers, beyond this year, I believe are only obligated to Holik, Kasparaitis, Leetch, and Dunham. (I think). The Rangers may be at an advantage post-CBA. This team is not a playoff team.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Laches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Are you serious? Believe me, Rangers fans have recognized the quality of his team a long time ago.
---Darn right we have. The problem is that management hasn't caught on yet. Jimmy D thinks Sather walks on water and defocates chocolate ice cream. Sather agrees. You've got Maloney telling people that the Rangers would be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Closed Thread