HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Football: QB Schaub with Texans

Old
03-22-2007, 01:24 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
There's absolutely no guarantee that a guy who has thrown next to no passes in his NFL career will be better than a former number one who will apparently now be just released.

The Texans just keep making quizzical decisions. They move down two slots in the first and give up two second rounders for an unproven QB. That's a top 40 pick, which considering how many great players there are coming out of college every year is significant. Hell; the 40th pick if it's a QB could well end up being a better QB than Schaub.

If the Texans now miss out on a highly rated offensive lineman (which is what Atlanta is rumoured to be targeting with the 8th pick Houston just had)...they'll have a less mobile Schaub in the pocket instead of Carr setting new sack records.

Maybe they're thinking of turning Mario Williams into an offensive tackle.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post

Maybe they're thinking of turning Mario Williams into an offensive tackle.
A good old 2-way player just like in high school. He's probabaly played O-Line before I would say. Plus hed played against so many that he'd probable wouldn't require that much training. Now I know you were kidding, but it had me thinking about it for a minute.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Mathletic

they seem to believe that Jordan Black will be the answer at left tackle

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
phil

hmmm NFL... can't wait for the season to start... this and NCAA Football are great ways to spend days in front of a tv

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Adam91

I really hope Schaub comes through, I hate the Falcons and Micheal Vick, so if he shows some of the talent many think he has if would sure make me happy

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

the Texans are STUPID!! I just don't get it. First last year i tought they should of traded down to like 3 or 4 and get Ferguson. Instead, they stay put and got Williams. I thought it was asolid descision, not the best but not bad either. Kubiak was the offensive cord. of the Denver Broncos. They never needed the best running back to run the ball, they prove it over and over again. Davis is a great RB so Bush wasn't that needed to them. OK, but now they meesed the bed badly. I thought they needed to trade up and get Thomas or stray put and get Brown, instead they traded down 2 spot and possibly put themsleve out of reach of Brown, let alone Thomas who will go top 5 for sure even top 3. and they will find themsleve releasing Carr and get at best a marginal upgrade at the QB possition. who knows how a guy will respond to a new system and team. They don't have a good/great TE to help the QB when he is in trouble, and believe me it will happen often with Houston O-line. They have Johnson, Moulds is solid but getting old. It's not enough to help Schaub. they sign Green, he ain't the answer either. Not better than Davis at all. Can't say he is healthier either and on top, he is older.

Pathetic even if I'm not a fan of them.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
TravisZajac*

Steelers fan over here

TravisZajac* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
the Texans are STUPID!! I just don't get it. First last year i tought they should of traded down to like 3 or 4 and get Ferguson. Instead, they stay put and got Williams. I thought it was asolid descision, not the best but not bad either. Kubiak was the offensive cord. of the Denver Broncos. They never needed the best running back to run the ball, they prove it over and over again. Davis is a great RB so Bush wasn't that needed to them. OK, but now they meesed the bed badly. I thought they needed to trade up and get Thomas or stray put and get Brown, instead they traded down 2 spot and possibly put themsleve out of reach of Brown, let alone Thomas who will go top 5 for sure even top 3. and they will find themsleve releasing Carr and get at best a marginal upgrade at the QB possition. who knows how a guy will respond to a new system and team. They don't have a good/great TE to help the QB when he is in trouble, and believe me it will happen often with Houston O-line. They have Johnson, Moulds is solid but getting old. It's not enough to help Schaub. they sign Green, he ain't the answer either. Not better than Davis at all. Can't say he is healthier either and on top, he is older.

Pathetic even if I'm not a fan of them.
Moulds was cut

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Texans weren't very good this past season, change at QB is a start.

J..E..T..S..JETS, JETS, JETS

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote