Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sebastian Stefaniszin

Old
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Capillarian Crest

vCash: 500
Sebastian Stefaniszin

How was his play this season in the DEL and does it compare to his WJHC performance or was that just a fluke? Any info on him would be great. Thanks.

Capillarian Crest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Sanderson

He's actually just a third string goalie on his team behind two equally young goalies, playing mostly for Berlin's second squad down in the third-tier league.

Can't say all that much about his play there, as it's used as a development-team for the big club, while all the other teams in the league are on their own. The team was simply too bad to comment on Stefaniszin's play. Unless one watched the team all the time, which I did not.

He played some games for my hometeam in the DEL last season, when all our goalies went down, and he looked fantastic. Definately on a level with his WJHC performances. I've yet to see a bad game from him, but then again, I haven't seen most of his games

If I'd be him, I would change teams this offseason. He should look to be a backup somewhere in the DEL or try to be a starter in second tier. He's way too good to be wasted in the role he has right now.
But I'm pretty sure that all three goalies are under contract for enxt year, so I don't expect him to leave or get a different role.

Last edited by Sanderson: 03-22-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Sealink

I saw Stefaniszin play in the Oberliga a few times this season. He didn't really have bad games, but somehow he wasn't able to win games for the team either. He definitely suffered from too many changes in the team during the season.

Somehow I hope for him that the Eisbären at least give him a chance to play for another team in Germany's second or third league next season, because he won't get a realistic chance to play in the DEL for Berlin (I'm quite sure they will get a Nr.1-goalie for the next season and Ziffzer has earned his spot on the DEL-team this season).

Sealink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Pumuckl

A month ago he signed a contract with iserlohn, an other team in the german first league. But I think he will have a difficult job, because he will be the back-up-goalie behind Norm Maracle, who signed a contract this spring with this team, too. Maye he will play for 7 oder 8 games, but Maracle is of course the first goalie next season in Iserlohn.

Pumuckl is offline   Reply With Quote