HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 more cuts were made

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 03:38 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
2 more cuts were made

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=64419

KITCHENER, Ont. (CP) - Two more players have been sent home from the Canadian junior hockey team selection camp.

Forward Adam Henrich of the Brampton Battalion and defenceman Jeremy Swanson of the Barrie Colts were informed early Monday morning that they will not be part of Team Canada this year.

The number of players was reduced to 28 with four goaltenders, nine defencemen and 15 forwards at camp.

The 22-player Canadian team will be named on Tuesday morning and will include two goaltenders, seven defencemen and 13 forwards.

Canada opens the world junior tournament on Dec. 26 against host Finland in Helsinki.

Henrich and Swanson, hmmmm now where have I heard those names b4 anyone take to guess

Old
12-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Henrich and Swanson, hmmmm now where have I heard those names b4 anyone take to guess
Adam Henrich is actually Michael Henrich's brother I believe.. he seems to be putting up similar stats to what his brother did in juniors but he is a bit bigger. I wonder if he'll develop into an NHL player with Tampa Bay or if he'll follow the same route of misfortune Michael did..

Old
12-15-2003, 03:57 AM
oilersboy

There are only two forwards left to be cut. I hope it doesn't include Brodziak.

Old
12-15-2003, 04:04 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Adam Henrich is actually Michael Henrich's brother I believe.. he seems to be putting up similar stats to what his brother did in juniors but he is a bit bigger. I wonder if he'll develop into an NHL player with Tampa Bay or if he'll follow the same route of misfortune Michael did..
yeah thats true but i thought it was funny b/c of the last names lol

Old
12-15-2003, 07:12 AM
serum114

Not a surprise really. Swanson was a surprise to be named and looked less than stellar against the OUA All Stars. I think Heinrich's fate was sealed when Crosby replaced him between Getzlaf and Brodziak in the third period.

If I were a betting man, I would say Colliton is one of the other cuts. Brodziak is likely on the bubble. He'll have to shine against the OUA to stick around (is that game today?).

Old
12-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Not a surprise really. Swanson was a surprise to be named and looked less than stellar against the OUA All Stars. I think Heinrich's fate was sealed when Crosby replaced him between Getzlaf and Brodziak in the third period.

If I were a betting man, I would say Colliton is one of the other cuts. Brodziak is likely on the bubble. He'll have to shine against the OUA to stick around (is that game today?).
I actually don't think Brodziak is "on the bubble". He's not a sure thing, but Hockey Canada likes to have some good defensive guys on the team to be 4th line, PK role players. Brodziak fits the bill.

Closed Thread