HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Canada makes 2 more cuts

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 03:39 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Canada makes 2 more cuts

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=64419

Old
12-15-2003, 03:47 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I don't know how they figured Swanson should be cut and Egener stays! IMO Swanson was a far better player than Egener last night and Friday night.

Old
12-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I don't know how they figured Swanson should be cut and Egener stays! IMO Swanson was a far better player than Egener last night and Friday night.
Even still, I wouldn't be worried because I doubt Egener will make this team.

He's a good prospect, but just not the type of defenseman whom is suited for the WJC's. His physical nature could get him in a lot of penalty trouble, which could frustrate him and throw him off his game.

Old
12-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Draft Guru

I'm disappointed that Fehr was cut. I think his offensive ability could have been an asset on this team. The last few years they've had a tough time getting that big goal and if they would bring a few more snipers, they'd have more chances of getting it done. I thought Fehr would be on one of the top two lines.

Oh well. There's always next year.

As for Egener, he is a great prospect and will be a valuable player in the NHL, but I agree that he could do more bad than good for Canada. Historically, the european refs have proven that they will call the rough stuff. Egener could definitely get himself into big time penalty trouble.

Old
12-15-2003, 07:44 AM
*Bandit*

Egener is very error prone, gets confused easily, and flustered after he makes a mistake. He should be gone, as should Meech. But Gorges outplayed Swanson and Klein in both of the last two games, and should've earned a spot with that. I guess they thought Klein outplayed Swanson for now... though Swanson didn't play particularly poorly.

Fehr was an interesting cut, as I thought he played very well in the intersquad game I saw. Though it may have been his reliance on smaller linemates Tambellini and Crosby to work the corners instead of doing it himself with his larger frame that cost him a spot. Either way, he should've made it at least past the first cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I'm disappointed that Fehr was cut. I think his offensive ability could have been an asset on this team. The last few years they've had a tough time getting that big goal and if they would bring a few more snipers, they'd have more chances of getting it done. I thought Fehr would be on one of the top two lines.

Oh well. There's always next year.

As for Egener, he is a great prospect and will be a valuable player in the NHL, but I agree that he could do more bad than good for Canada. Historically, the european refs have proven that they will call the rough stuff. Egener could definitely get himself into big time penalty trouble.

Old
12-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Douggy

2 more at each position to go.

Old
12-15-2003, 09:48 AM
john g

who are the two you think at forward that will get cut?

will Dixon and Talbot make it?

-- a curious Pens Fan

Old
12-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Vranattack

vCash:
I think Dixon will make it, he was on the under 18 8 nations canada team and played well in that tourniment. They will be looking for players with international experience. Dixon is fast, offensive, and has a great shot, I don't see them cutting him.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:23 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vranattack
I think Dixon will make it, he was on the under 18 8 nations canada team and played well in that tourniment. They will be looking for players with international experience. Dixon is fast, offensive, and has a great shot, I don't see them cutting him.
Most, if not all, of the players at the selection camp have played in at last one of the U18 Nations Cup, World U17, or World U18 tournaments. To this point, they've surprised me a few times, so I wouldn't hazard another guess as to who is gone.

Closed Thread