HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Hunwick news?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
  #1
ranold26
Registered Loser
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,804
vCash: 500
Matt Hunwick news?

Any news if Hunwick is going to sign with the Bruins? Lots of clubs are signing/rumoured to be signing their NCAA prospects.
EJ is about to sign with Blues, the Sens signed Brian Elliott and couple other kids and Jack Johnson is rumoured to be leaving Michigan for LA.....
He is by far the most underrated and least discussed prospect that could be on this roster in the near future.
So are the Bruins going to sign Michigan's senior captain?
Any NCAA free agents rumoured also?

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
  #2
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
he'll be signed and in providence after michigan's season is over...as far as i've heard. both sides want it to happen, and with sigalet out for the year, hunwick is a perfect fit for the pb's.

btw randy - good to see you around.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
  #3
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Nicaragua
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Any news if Hunwick is going to sign with the Bruins? Lots of clubs are signing/rumoured to be signing their NCAA prospects.
EJ is about to sign with Blues, the Sens signed Brian Elliott and couple other kids and Jack Johnson is rumoured to be leaving Michigan for LA.....
He is by far the most underrated and least discussed prospect that could be on this roster in the near future.
So are the Bruins going to sign Michigan's senior captain?
Any NCAA free agents rumoured also?
I sure hope hunwick signs!!!
Great to see you starting threads again Randy

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 07:45 PM
  #4
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,351
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Any news if Hunwick is going to sign with the Bruins? Lots of clubs are signing/rumoured to be signing their NCAA prospects.
EJ is about to sign with Blues, the Sens signed Brian Elliott and couple other kids and Jack Johnson is rumoured to be leaving Michigan for LA.....
He is by far the most underrated and least discussed prospect that could be on this roster in the near future.
So are the Bruins going to sign Michigan's senior captain?
Any NCAA free agents rumoured also?
Where you been dude?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 08:05 PM
  #5
ranold26
Registered Loser
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,804
vCash: 500
Thanks for the replies guys..... decided that I needed a break from the site for a week or so.
All is good.
As for Hunwick, its great to hear that signing is mutual for both parties. He has quietly been a solid prospect for the organization and will likely be a steady player with some leadership qualities.
Good stuff.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
  #6
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys..... decided that I needed a break from the site for a week or so.
All is good.
As for Hunwick, its great to hear that signing is mutual for both parties. He has quietly been a solid prospect for the organization and will likely be a steady player with some leadership qualities.
Good stuff.
agreed. i'm trying to track down byron bitz currently to see what's up with his situation. hoping that we'll be in touch tomorrow.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 09:36 PM
  #7
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD
 
FONZIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Moved to Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
I'm glad you're back ranold, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Nugs, I'm in the dark about Bitz, what's his story?

FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
  #8
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
I'm glad you're back ranold, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Nugs, I'm in the dark about Bitz, what's his story?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ght=byron+bitz

check out post #21...penguinfanamato gives a pretty solid description of bitz...

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
  #9
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 25,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Any news if Hunwick is going to sign with the Bruins? Lots of clubs are signing/rumoured to be signing their NCAA prospects.
EJ is about to sign with Blues, the Sens signed Brian Elliott and couple other kids and Jack Johnson is rumoured to be leaving Michigan for LA.....
He is by far the most underrated and least discussed prospect that could be on this roster in the near future.
So are the Bruins going to sign Michigan's senior captain?
Any NCAA free agents rumoured also?
I was discussing Hunwick awhile back(not sure if you were in on the discussion) and it seemed not too many people even knew about him. He seems to be a hard worker, good leader, and a good skater...and the B's could use a few of those

Love to see guys like him succeed.

Nice to "see" you again.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:54 AM
  #10
don
Registered User
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
I think we'll see Hunwick starting in the 09/10 season and more in the 10/11 season. I look at him as a posible replacement for Ference who will be in his 30s and be an UFA at that time. I think Alexandrov is pegged as Chara's replacement. All of this is barring injuries and trades.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
  #11
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 30,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I think we'll see Hunwick starting in the 09/10 season and more in the 10/11 season. I look at him as a posible replacement for Ference who will be in his 30s and be an UFA at that time. I think Alexandrov is pegged as Chara's replacement. All of this is barring injuries and trades.
alexandrov will never be a #1 defenseman - i'm pretty sure of that. and even with chara playing soft, he's still more physical than Y.A. will ever be.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
  #12
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV
 
PolishBingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,312
vCash: 500
As I Michigan fan I hope it won't be for a while.

PolishBingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
  #13
MeisterBruinmaker
Registered User
 
MeisterBruinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 6,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
I hope Alexandrov continues his development and eventually makes his way to this side of the pond. So far it looks like he was worth the risk. Lars Jonsson never made it back to the NHL after getting badly undressed by Jordan Staal back in December. Right now, it seems he's becoming an afterthought in the Flyer organization. Whether Philly re-signs him is one question, but whether he can adjust to the North American game to the point where he's more than a spare defenseman is another.

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
  #14
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,963
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
randy, where is your avatar!!!

I'd like to see Hunwick in Providence this season..

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
  #15
BleedBruins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: weston, ct
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
I hope Alexandrov continues his development and eventually makes his way to this side of the pond. So far it looks like he was worth the risk. Lars Jonsson never made it back to the NHL after getting badly undressed by Jordan Staal back in December. Right now, it seems he's becoming an afterthought in the Flyer organization. Whether Philly re-signs him is one question, but whether he can adjust to the North American game to the point where he's more than a spare defenseman is another.
I was going to bring Jonsson up. It looks like they drafted the wrong guy (#7 in a 6 guy draft....), but were smart enough not to sign him for big bucks when they realized it.

BleedBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.