HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Don Cherry

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 08:59 PM
nikrag03*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Don Cherry

I never liked him..But did anyone else see what he said about the canadiens today?

Old
12-13-2003, 09:06 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

didn't heard anything..... couldn't care less too...

Old
12-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03
I never liked him..But did anyone else see what he said about the canadiens today?
Nope, what DID he say?

Old
12-13-2003, 09:07 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Just heard him say that he likes old-school guys like Quintal, who scored tonight...what else did I miss out?

Old
12-13-2003, 09:13 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Regarding the retirement party in Kingston for Muller and Gilmour. Rejean Houle and Yvon Cournuyer drove through a storm to represent the Canadiens and this is just another example of how the Montreal Canadiens are the classiest organization in sports.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03
Regarding the retirement party in Kingston for Muller and Gilmour. Rejean Houle and Yvon Cournuyer drove through a storm to represent the Canadiens and this is just another example of how the Montreal Canadiens are the classiest organization in sports.
I seen that also. Don shots from the hip too often but he does know what he is talking about.

Old
12-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Wildbeliefs

hey, u wanna hear something kinda funny? my friend works for this company where this there's ex pro hockey player by the name of Jacques Lemieux (he played in the 60's for one year before an injury took him out for good - played for LA). And guess what? u know who took him out for good? yup, u prolly guessed it, Don cherry. i thought that was kinda sucky...oh well.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:44 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I seen that also. Don shots from the hip too often but he does know what he is talking about.
really ?

Old
12-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Cherry knew a thing or two fifteen years ago. Now all he knows is how to cheerlead the Leafs.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:42 PM
c-carp

Quote:
I agree 100% Grapes sometimes doesnt say things in the best way but he knows tons about hockey. DON CHERRY RULES.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:57 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I agree 100% Grapes sometimes doesnt say things in the best way but he knows tons about hockey. DON CHERRY RULES.
As much as I may disagree with him at times, I do appreciate having someone in the national spotlight unafraid to speak his mind about hockey matters. It's guys like him who need to speak up and voice Canadian fans' concerns over the CBA and the degradation of the quality of the game.

If only he could stop being so blatantly biased in favor of anything or anyone from Ontario.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:33 PM
sandman08

i dont mind cherry when he talks about hockey and stuff but his comments regarding the CHA's ads towards parents and his comments about sidney crosby both bothered me.. heh
i mean, i dont even remember where i heard this (i think it was on OTR on TSN) but some guy called in and said "only in Canada would we complain about a player being a showoff or showboating when he shows talent and offensive ability" and i couldnt agree with the guy more.. the kids 16 for F's sake.. give him a break
and the parents thing.. his argument is just plain stupid and narrowminded.. (his argument is that since he knows and talks to tonnes of hockey parents who ARE NOT that way the CHA is making fools of ALL hockey parents) but thats like saying "just because MOST people know better than to do _____ (fill in the blank yourself with any of the MANY products out there which have warnings or directions.. ie shampoo and "lather, rinse, repeat") or to use ______ then the companies are making ALL people who buy that product look like idiots" .. yep that makes sense..

as for his comments on the Hab's organization as being classy for sending reps to muller and gilmour's retirement parties w/ gifts and stuff .. that was truly great.. his comments on quintal made me laugh for some reason.. and his comments about theo were not surprising and well deserved for theo.

Closed Thread