HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

sorry to ask this from habs fans

Old
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
sundstrom32*

vCash: 500
sorry to ask this from habs fans

But I am a devils fan and I hate the style of coach claude julien what did you all think of him? any response would be appreciated

sundstrom32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
He is the nicest coach in the world, he was really appreciated by the fans, but like you, we hated the system. It was always the trap and defensive things, not like its not that now but its not as bad as it was in Julien time. He didn't like the D to go attacking, as I can see he is still with this style by the goals your defensemen's have.

Generally he was a great coach, the style of play was really too defensive but it worked for some time.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
JFB

Carbo + 2nd pick for Julien ?

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
Carbo + 2nd pick for Julien ?
Considering the job Vigneault is doing with Vancouver, I'd up the offer and throw it at them.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
JFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
Considering the job Vigneault is doing with Vancouver, I'd up the offer and throw it at them.
How about Therrien in Pittsburgh ?

Looks like our former coaches were not "that" bad eh ?

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Julien inherited a team that was already attuned to his style of coaching. He's done rather well with them and the Devils' recent stumbles probably are the result of injuries.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
How about Therrien in Pittsburgh ?

Looks like our former coaches were not "that" bad eh ?
You don't think that the talent made Therrien look good rather than the other way around?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundstrom32 View Post
But I am a devils fan and I hate the style of coach claude julien what did you all think of him? any response would be appreciated
He was a great individual but he was way way too defensive for my tastes.

I think he's just perfect for your team actually. He's a great system guy and was made for the devils.

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
You don't think that the talent made Therrien look good rather than the other way around?
No. He earned his position in wilkes-barre. Just look at the penguin's last season. Big difference.

Lets face it: most of our ex coaches are doing great while our team is still skating in sand...

Yeah... lets continue to put the blame on our previous coaching staff...

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM
westcoast habsfan

Quote:
Way too defensive IMO. Gainey took over because the Habs were in a major slump, but one of the things that he said at the time was that he wanted the Habs to start pushing the puck up ice more, in other words to move forward, and wanted the defenceman to step up whenever possible. When B.G. took over our d-man began to take off offensively.

The Habs were skating backwards most of the time with Julien, BG got them skating forward while still maintaining good defensive posturing. N.J. has a better team this year than we had last year, anyhow, plus we were saddled with Theodore for much of the season, whereas you guys have Brodeur, obviously those are huge factors in Julien's success this year as well.

BTW, thanks alot for the non-help we're getting from you guys in our push for a play-off spot.

Seriously, did you have to pick right now to suck...

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
I love your nickname

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
No. He earned his position in wilkes-barre. Just look at the penguin's last season. Big difference.
Lets face it: most of our ex coaches are doing great while our team is still skating in sand...

Just look at their actual lineup compared to last year's, and add to that that Crosby and Fleury and Gonchar too are all doing better than last year...if it's really a coaching matter that explains in majority the penguin's success, I wonder what Therrien could have done with let's say...Phoenix, L.A. and such teams? If Therrien was their coach, would they be battling for the fourth spot in the west?

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:26 PM
habs-stars2006

oh i love the style of hockey the habs play now as opposed to under juliens reign. back then the habs would play dump and chase on every damn play. id say 90% of the time they would shoot the puck in and chase it. Now they rarely do that, instead passing the puck in and trying to set up plays. The only player who still does that every time is streit but i guess its fine for one player to do that.

habs-stars2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I remember devil fans not liking julien off the start but didn't hear much when the team kept on winning.

Not that I pay close attention to the devils, but I look at their point total, and from a results basis, they are doing extremely well.

And when julien was hired by the devils, I couldn't think of a better fit for his style than NJ.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:42 PM
SOLR

I highly dislike Julien. You dont want me to spew the 1943294 reasons why.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

No talking about Julien until NJ wins a game against one of our rivals. Dammit you guys are no help at all!

03-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Courtnall6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
I agree with you 100% here..the Pens are doing well because they are loaded with talent, not because of Therrien's coaching style.

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnall6 View Post
I agree with you 100% here..the Pens are doing well because they are loaded with talent, not because of Therrien's coaching style.
Kinda disagree with that, Therrien is very emotive and I think hes the perfect coach for a young crew like that.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Doctor House

Quote:
Claude Julien and the Devils are a match made in heaven. Sorry for the pun.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM
skipp18

The good: Nice guy, seemes like s decent coach. Well respected around the league.
The bad: he did not give any real ice time to our young players. Higgins, Komisarek in particilar blossomed with more ice time once Julien was gone.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Julien is a great coach with a defensive playstyle, who seem perfect when you have a guys like Martin Brodeur. I don't think that the Devils would be that high in the standing without Julien. Your team would probably have a highest average of goals per game but you would have less wins.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
The good: Nice guy, seemes like s decent coach. Well respected around the league.
The bad: he did not give any real ice time to our young players. Higgins, Komisarek in particilar blossomed with more ice time once Julien was gone.
Yup, that was the main problem with Julien: I mean, Komisarek was a regular healthy scratch when Julien was the coach. Our big guy didn't know how the play under Julien. That really could've hurt us for a long period of time. The rookies were all regressing. And I am not even going to talk about Perezhogin.

However, he did get fired for playing Huet instead of Théo. That looked to be the right choice from Julien, but Gainey just invested a lot in Théo. We all know how that ended.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
wade

i wish gainey was still the coach

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 07:11 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Julien is a great coach with a defensive playstyle, who seem perfect when you have a guys like Martin Brodeur. I don't think that the Devils would be that high in the standing without Julien. Your team would probably have a highest average of goals per game but you would have less wins.
Julien is a career coach and has a defensive system that he implements that works well with the Devils but there's only one reason they are where they are in the standings and that's...Brodeur. You could have anybody coach that team but without Brodeur they're dead int he water. Brodeur won all those games against us not Julien. That said I always liked him and he took his firing from his dream job with the Habs with more grace and class than I've seen anybody else exhibit so I like the guy overall.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post

Did you know Pens previous coach was Ed Olczyk?

Quote:
Since Olczyk moved from the TV booth to behind the bench in 2003-04, the Penguins are 31-68-14 with losing streaks of 18 games and nine games.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote