HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To trade or not to trade...

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Capt Reynolds

vCash: 500
To trade or not to trade...

...that is the question. With the holiday roster freeze fast approaching, one wonders whether Milbury will or should make a move. I tend to think that he is going to stand pat, mostly because the Wiemer Situation caused such a ludicrous nosedive that we now seem to be coming out of MM will be fearful of repeating that if, say, we move Parrish or Hammer.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing trades, but I think we are going to hold pat unless we really get spanked badly in the games remaining pre-freeze.

What does everyone think?

Old
12-15-2003, 07:18 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C.
...that is the question. With the holiday roster freeze fast approaching, one wonders whether Milbury will or should make a move. I tend to think that he is going to stand pat, mostly because the Wiemer Situation caused such a ludicrous nosedive that we now seem to be coming out of MM will be fearful of repeating that if, say, we move Parrish or Hammer.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing trades, but I think we are going to hold pat unless we really get spanked badly in the games remaining pre-freeze.

What does everyone think?
I agree-I think we will stand pat until after the holidays. See what direction the team takes now that we have Scatch back. MM probably waits until the deadline to make a move (my guess Hammer or Parrish)

Old
12-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Moosie

Trades

I think it's wrong to trade a guy as punishment. If a trade happens, it should be for a player who will fill a void, and it should be obvious to the players that that's the reason for the trade. We got any voids??

Old
12-15-2003, 07:56 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie
I think it's wrong to trade a guy as punishment. If a trade happens, it should be for a player who will fill a void, and it should be obvious to the players that that's the reason for the trade. We got any voids??
YES two actually--a top winger for YASHIN and a crease clearing dman!!

Old
12-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie
I agree, I'm not a fan of a trade for its own sake. But I do think we have a few areas we can shore up, most notably we lack:

(1) a finesse winger to play with Yashin, and
(2) a physical, crease-clearing Dman.

If we could obtain (1) or (2) in a trade (obviously we'd have to move one of our Big 4 on D to make acquiring another Dman sensible) I'd do it. I tend to think we need a better winger for Yashin more than a physical defenseman, but I would like to see a different mix on D than our Clone Army of Jonsson, Hammer, Aucoin and Niinimaa. Given that Hammer probably can't be resigned, if we could move him and bring in, say, a Gauthier, I would like to see that physical dimension added.

I also think this team could benefit from a Dave Andrechuk type player, someone who is a real vet who can steady our ship and also can still contribute.

Old
12-15-2003, 08:12 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C.
I agree, I'm not a fan of a trade for its own sake. But I do think we have a few areas we can shore up, most notably we lack:

(1) a finesse winger to play with Yashin, and
(2) a physical, crease-clearing Dman.

If we could obtain (1) or (2) in a trade (obviously we'd have to move one of our Big 4 on D to make acquiring another Dman sensible) I'd do it. I tend to think we need a better winger for Yashin more than a physical defenseman, but I would like to see a different mix on D than our Clone Army of Jonsson, Hammer, Aucoin and Niinimaa. Given that Hammer probably can't be resigned, if we could move him and bring in, say, a Gauthier, I would like to see that physical dimension added.

I also think this team could benefit from a Dave Andrechuk type player, someone who is a real vet who can steady our ship and also can still contribute.
I posted this trade on the trade board a few days ago--think it addresses our 2 needs and is fair for all teams:
To TB--Hamrlik--give up Svitov
To Buff--Parrish, Svitov, Pappineau--give up Satan & Mckee
To NYI--Satan, Mckee--give up Hammer and Parrish and Papp

We get what we need and only take on abou 200k in the deal--so its is doable $$$ wise( despite what Darth says )

Old
12-15-2003, 06:33 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
I posted this trade on the trade board a few days ago--think it addresses our 2 needs and is fair for all teams:
To TB--Hamrlik--give up Svitov
To Buff--Parrish, Svitov, Pappineau--give up Satan & Mckee
To NYI--Satan, Mckee--give up Hammer and Parrish and Papp

We get what we need and only take on abou 200k in the deal--so its is doable $$$ wise( despite what Darth says )
interesting...dunno if they would mckee..but it is a original idea using svitov as trade bait. Gotta give ya props for that

Old
12-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Islesman819

Send a message via AIM to Islesman819
Maybe signing Ronning Nothing is lost, but a 1st line veteran for Yashin is signed. We sign him for 1 year and thats all. This will benefit the team.

Chow-Yash-Ronning
Hunter-Peca-Bates
Parrish-Scatchard-Blake
Weinhandl-Asham-Kvasha

Sadly Maple will have to be sent down
Godard and Paps on bench

Defense:
Aucoin-Hamr
Jonsson-Nini
Cairns-Butenschon

Martinek on Bench

Snow and Dipietro Platooning I guess. Its hard to decide who should be Number 1.

Last edited by Islesman819: 12-15-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old
12-16-2003, 06:49 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick
interesting...dunno if they would mckee..but it is a original idea using svitov as trade bait. Gotta give ya props for that
If Buff wants a dman back I would give them Butenschon. They get Parrish, Svitov and either Papp or Butch

Old
12-16-2003, 07:20 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesman819
Maybe signing Ronning Nothing is lost, but a 1st line veteran for Yashin is signed. We sign him for 1 year and thats all. This will benefit the team.

Chow-Yash-Ronning
Hunter-Peca-Bates
Parrish-Scatchard-Blake
Weinhandl-Asham-Kvasha

Sadly Maple will have to be sent down
Godard and Paps on bench

Defense:
Aucoin-Hamr
Jonsson-Nini
Cairns-Butenschon

Martinek on Bench

Snow and Dipietro Platooning I guess. Its hard to decide who should be Number 1.
I don't know about Ronning but I agree Kvasha should not be on the first line--can't understand why MM likes him so much-he has done nothing for us for so long--I'd try and trade him to ANA for Vish. Anyway if we make the TB/Buff trade (my ideal team) our line up looks like this:

Weinhandl Yashin Satan
Bates Peca Hunter
Blake Scatch Asham
Papp Mapletoft Godard

I'll go to war with that team anyday---get rid of Kvasha and Czer

Old
12-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Courage*

I find it very interesting that Islander fans are saying their team needs a physical crease-clearing defenseman, while some media pundits and fans of other teams - notably Toronto - see the Isle's as a potential trade source for a crease-clearing defenseman - ie. Cairns, or Hamrlik.

One would think that with Aucoin, Hamrlik and Cairns that your defense would be physical enough. Ninimmaa, while not a bruiser, is a fair-sized guy who (as I recall from seeing him more on TV during his Edmonton days) finishes his checks. Who's the weak link?

Closed Thread