HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can you explain me this?

Old
03-23-2007, 10:31 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
The thing I like about Kostitsyn is he seems to be the perfect winger on any line he's on. He just seems to fit like a glove into any of our lines.
As long as he has players who can finish some of his plays off, he's fine. I don't think that tip pass he made is as successful if Bonk or Bégin is the recipient

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think they should leave Koivu and Kovalev together...they've had disapointing years and are kind of being showed up (in a positive way) by some of the young guys on the team. Maybe a sense of pride will kick in??

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Perezhogin
Bégin-Bonk-Johnson

That's what i'd like to see...
Oh, I like those lines. And I agree about keeping Koivu and Kovalev together. Honestly that's a pretty strong lineup IMO...I just hope that our 2 month slump didn't totally kill our playoff chances because I believe this team could do some damage.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Oh, I like those lines. And I agree about keeping Koivu and Kovalev together. Honestly that's a pretty strong lineup IMO...I just hope that our 2 month slump didn't totally kill our playoff chances because I believe this team could do some damage.
2 reasons I doubt that lineup would ever happen.

- I don't think Carbonneau would trust a line of Latendresse-Lapierre-Perezhogin

- That line would move Streit back on defense and I don't think the coaching staff wants to use Streit/Bouillon/Dandenault in a rotational function. They seem to think that Streit is a better forward than a defensman, and that Bouillon is a better defensman than Streit is.

Old
03-23-2007, 10:43 AM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
6 goals scored, 3 against..

Kovalev no pt, -3

I didnt see the game but looking at the stats, Kovy sure wasnt one of the reasons why we won this one..

Hasnt this guy any pride?? We pay him 4.5 millions to be one of our best offensive fowards.. he is actually the 6th scoring leader of the team, only 2 more goals than Mr. Bonk..

Imagine the season we could have had if Samsonov and Kovalev hadnt miserably failed.. The kids are the only reason why we are still in the playoffs race and I dont want it to be the same story next year.. We need real vets to make this team go in the right direction, not lazzy selfish baby crying ones..

The vets are better to stand up soon cause the kids cant do it all by their own every games, this is alot of pressure on their shoulders, especially in a playoffs race where 5 teams are involved and that not one of them seem to show signs of weakness..
When is the last game we scored 6 goals ... Important win , good return in the 3 th period .

And all you have to say is " i didn't see the game , but Kovalev didn"t have points ...he didn't have any pride ..."

Okay , you don't like Kovalev . Great . It's your right .We all know your feeling about him for few months now , so you don't have to start a new thread in the future , to explain your position .repeat after me ;" No more . It was the last time . Final . End ."

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
2 reasons I doubt that lineup would ever happen.

- That line would move Streit back on defense and I don't think the coaching staff wants to use Streit/Bouillon/Dandenault in a rotational function. They seem to think that Streit is a better forward than a defensman, and that Bouillon is a better defensman than Streit is.
That seems to be the case and I'd really like to hear the reasoning behind that. Because, personally, I think Streit is a better defenseman than forward. And I certainly think he is better than Niniimaa, Bouillon or Dandenault. It seems like Dandenault has taken a step back.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That seems to be the case and I'd really like to hear the reasoning behind that. Because, personally, I think Streit is a better defenseman than forward. And I certainly think he is better than Niniimaa, Bouillon or Dandenault. It seems like Dandenault has taken a step back.
That has seem blatantly apparent to me as well...but what do I know???

I like his versatility and all, but if you are going to use a d on forward, I think you're better off going with Dandenault.

Old
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
MadJah

I think people need to lighten up on Kovalev. All you hear is people complaining about him when they couldn't do better. Koivu is playing as badly, these days.

You got lemons, make lemonaid.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. I'm pretty sure that was from Bambi.

MadJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
That has seem blatantly apparent to me as well...but what do I know???

I like his versatility and all, but if you are going to use a d on forward, I think you're better off going with Dandenault.
Judging from how often he was caught up ice last night, it seems as if Dandenault is already playing forward.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
If we make the playoffs, you will see Alex in action.
Was that sarcasm ?

If not, I'd add : and if we miss them it will be because of his refusal to contribute during the season. He has quitted on us and cheated us. If he doesn't get his act together NOW (which would already be way too late in my mind), I hope he's benched if we ever do make the playoffs !

Priority number 1 this summer : get him ans Samso out !!

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Was that sarcasm ?

If not, I'd add : and if we miss them it will be because of his refusal to contribute during the season. He has quitted on us and cheated us. If he doesn't get his act together NOW (which would already be way too late in my mind), I hope he's benched if we ever do make the playoffs !

Priority number 1 this summer : get him ans Samso out !!
his REFUSAL to contribute...wow !

Kovalev played injured half of the season , and you are talking about his refusal to contribute ...good joke !

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Judging from how often he was caught up ice last night, it seems as if Dandenault is already playing forward.
lol! Hilarious...true enough, but I don't think Dandenault is THAT bad...as a # 6 dman, I think he's fine

Old
03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
VGTvidz

Quote:
lol! Hilarious...true enough, but I don't think Dandenault is THAT bad...as a # 6 dman, I think he's fine
For 1.7M$... he's bad!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
As long as he has players who can finish some of his plays off, he's fine. I don't think that tip pass he made is as successful if Bonk or Bégin is the recipient
Thats why we have Latts

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGTvidz View Post
For 1.7M$... he's bad!
True...but he's probably paid about 500k too much, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Old
03-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Quiet Robert

Kovalev was on the ice when Bouillon and/or Dandenault were on defence. Ergo, goals were scored on us. Simplistic analysis yes, but closer to the truth than any +/- number from Kovalev.

I know Kovy isn't the most beloved guy, and he does deserve some criticism, but please open your eyes and realize Dandy and Bouillon's atrocious defensive zone coverage is leading to more goals than anything Kovy does.

It's easy to pick on these two because they make a lot of mistakes, but all 6 guys weren't that good last night. (Yes even Markov) He made some nice plays, like that pokecheck along the boards (on I think it was Hoggan?) and just made it look too easy. But he also pinched at the wrong time that lead to a good Bruins chance. Souray and Niinimaa were decent. Komisarek didn't have strong game either.

It's so lazy to just look at +/- and determine what kind of game a player had. Latendresse was -2 but he actually played pretty well defensively. Bouillon was E and he was awful last night.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote