HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Predict Season Point Total

View Poll Results: How many total points for the Wild this season?
95 1 5.56%
96 0 0%
97 0 0%
98 0 0%
99 0 0%
100 1 5.56%
101 1 5.56%
102 2 11.11%
103 4 22.22%
104 4 22.22%
105 3 16.67%
106 2 11.11%
107 0 0%
108 0 0%
109 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-23-2007, 11:20 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Predict Season Point Total

14 points remaining for us this season.

What will the total be?

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
The Big E

Our schedule is:

Kings
Flames
Flames
@ CO
Oilers
Oilers
Blues

We should beat the Kings, Oilers and Blues. That's 8 points. Add that to 95 and that'll give us 103. If we get any points from Calgary, I think that's a bonus. I think we can get 2 points out of the two Calgary games and Colorado completely depends upon how close the Ave's are to Calgary. If the Ave's are fading, we'll likely get two points. If its close between those two, it'll be a good warm-up for the playoffs. Either way, we've got a shot at the NW, but we'll need a little help. 10 out of 14 possible points gives us 105.

The Nucks schedule is:

Avalanche
@ CO
@ LA
Flames
Kings
Avalanche
@ SJ
@ PHO

The Ave's, Flames and Sharks are five tough games. I think the Nucks are guaranteed 6 points (vs. LA twice and Phoenix). That gives them 102. The Ave's will gunning for a playoff spot in these next two games. The Flames will be playing to make sure they don't let the Ave's catch up. These are going to be 3 really tough games for the Nucks.

However, The Nucks only need 4 points out of 5 games to pretty much guarantee they win the NW with 106 points. The Wild need help from teams that will want to help themselves.

It's gonna be close.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:36 AM
The Big E

Wild

Kings - 2 pts, 97 pts
Flames - 1 pt, 98 pts
Flames - zip, 98 pts
@ CO
Oilers
Oilers
Blues

The Nucks schedule is:

Avalanche - 1 pt, 98 pts
@ CO - 2 pts, 99 pts
@ LA - 2 pts, 101 pts
Flames
Kings
Avalanche
@ SJ
@ PHO

The Flames and Sharks are the only tough games. I think the Nucks are guaranteed 6 points (vs. LA, CO and PHO). That gives them 107. The Ave's will not make the playoffs so should be easier prey. While the Wild's remaining four games are easy, we can only get to a possible max of 106 points. I don't think the Nucks will have much problem getting 5 pts out of the remaining 5 games.

While a complete collapse is possible, these are not the Nucks of yore. I concede that they will win the NW division and home ice advantage for at least the first two rounds.

Old
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post

While a complete collapse is possible, these are not the Nucks of yore. I concede that they will win the NW division and home ice advantage for at least the first two rounds.
Yep. We pretty much lost the division in the last two games. Oh well. If we can avoid Detroit and Calgary in the playoffs, we still have a chance to go far. Those two just have our number, plain and simple.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
The Big E

Really? Detroit? While I definitely agree that facing Calgary would suck ... I don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

I would definitely like to face Detroit. They aren't as fast as they used to be, especially on the back-line (Chelios & Lidstrom = 90+ years old or there-abouts). They've never really been all that physical of a team and Edmonton showed last year the way to beat them is a strong defensive system.

I think that Detroit and Nashville's records are over-inflated because they feast upon Chicago, Columbus and St. Louis. We'd be leading the league if we played those three 24 times per season, too. Instead, we've got the Nucks, Flames and Ave's. Only the Oil sucked this season.

I don't want to face Anaheim in the first round. Unfortunately, its looking like more of a possibility that we'll be facing them. I think our best case scenario is Anaheim passes Detroit for 1st in the West and we play Detroit as the #7 seed.

Old
04-03-2007, 12:36 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
Really? Detroit? While I definitely agree that facing Calgary would suck ... I don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

I would definitely like to face Detroit. They aren't as fast as they used to be, especially on the back-line (Chelios & Lidstrom = 90+ years old or there-abouts). They've never really been all that physical of a team and Edmonton showed last year the way to beat them is a strong defensive system.

I think that Detroit and Nashville's records are over-inflated because they feast upon Chicago, Columbus and St. Louis. We'd be leading the league if we played those three 24 times per season, too. Instead, we've got the Nucks, Flames and Ave's. Only the Oil sucked this season.

I don't want to face Anaheim in the first round. Unfortunately, its looking like more of a possibility that we'll be facing them. I think our best case scenario is Anaheim passes Detroit for 1st in the West and we play Detroit as the #7 seed.
Just going with the gut feeling on Detroit here. We've never had much success against them for some reason. I think we are 1-3 against them this season, granted all of those games were played in November-December, when we were in a tailspin. Maybe it'll be different this time around if we end up playing them. I agree about Anaheim, forgot all about them.

The West is so unpredictable though, there aren't going to be any easy matchups for anybody. The top seeds get "rewarded" with facing one of SJ/Dal/Min/Cgy? Pick your poison, gentlemen. Welcome to the new NHL.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote