HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What's what happened with the Comrie deal?

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 11:48 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
What's what happened with the Comrie deal?

I heard both teams submitted a trade proposal to the league. Does anyone know what the Ducks were offering? I saw one post where someone mentioned MacDonald and Perry for Comrie. If it's true, and it goes through for something along the lines of what I mentioned, I'm going to scream because we surely could have offered a more enticing package for that. Hopefully, I'm just mistaken and Anaheim offered some foolish Chistov, Smirnov package.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I heard both teams submitted a trade proposal to the league. Does anyone know what the Ducks were offering? I saw one post where someone mentioned MacDonald and Perry for Comrie. If it's true, and it goes through for something along the lines of what I mentioned, I'm going to scream because we surely could have offered a more enticing package for that. Hopefully, I'm just mistaken and Anaheim offered some foolish Chistov, Smirnov package.
It boiled down to I believe Kevin Lowe wanting Joffrey Lupul involved in the deal and Murray countered with the names you mentioned, and now Lowe is pretty much going to wait until after the Spengler(sp?) Cup which Comrie is going to play for Team Canada to see if his trade value goes up to see what he can get from any team...Comrie demanded to be traded to a West Coast team, can't a GM demand to have more in return than excuse me Corey effing Perry and Handy Andy MacDonald?

Old
12-12-2003, 12:00 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
can't a GM demand to have more in return than excuse me Corey effing Perry and Handy Andy MacDonald?
If they wanted that, I'd give them Soin, Arkhi and a 4th next year for Comrie. It's better than their offer, IMO.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
I've read it's Perry and the Ducks first round pick. Apparently Comrie and the Ducks already have a deal in place (not signed yet, of course).

I don't think Comrie is that good of a player anyway. Sounds like a locker room problem child and his production on the ice doesn't warrent that kind of attitude.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
I've read it's Perry and the Ducks first round pick. Apparently Comrie and the Ducks already have a deal in place (not signed yet, of course).

I don't think Comrie is that good of a player anyway. Sounds like a locker room problem child and his production on the ice doesn't warrent that kind of attitude.
Of course you'd say that...in two years he's had a 60 point season and a 51 point season *along with a surgically repaired wrist*

and Marchant has had 1 60 point season and *shrugs*...he's been consistent that's for sure...consistently average

Old
12-12-2003, 12:14 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:

I think Arkhi and a 2nd is equivalent if not superior to the Ducks offer. But I'm sure if Comrie had his druthers, he'd rather play for the quietly free-spending Ducks.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

There is a rumour that Comrie gave Lowe a list of teams that he would allow a trade to (honestly I think that is the Edm. media bsing). Also, there was a deal in place for him to go to Anaheim for Perry and Anaheims 1st rounder, but Lowe pulled out and said he would only do the deal if Comrie paid the Oilers 2.5 million dollars. So yeah......the deal has not been made yet. Anaheim reportedly refused to pay the money to begin with, and the deal was then set, but before Lowe agreed to the deal he called Comrie up and issued his demands. Call it extortion or if you are an Edmonton fan call it brilliant (). Surely we could give a better offer than Anaheim!!!! Also, the deal he had worked out with Anaheim was for a 2 year deal at 1.65 mil per. IMO, that is incredibly affordable......of course, I would like to hear the bonuses on that.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Of course you'd say that...in two years he's had a 60 point season and a 51 point season *along with a surgically repaired wrist*

and Marchant has had 1 60 point season and *shrugs*...he's been consistent that's for sure...consistently average
Now, now, if the Preds could make a little more money they could go out and get free agents like the rest of the NHL, but no need to get this thread off topic.

And if you think getting a 60 point man is worth the headaches, then be my guest. I'd gladly take Marchant and his defense over Comrie and his lack of defense anyday.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Now, now, if the Preds could make a little more money they could go out and get free agents like the rest of the NHL, but no need to get this thread off topic.

And if you think getting a 60 point man is worth the headaches, then be my guest. I'd gladly take Marchant and his defense over Comrie and his lack of defense anyday.
I'd take Comrie over Marchant, if for nothing other than his trade value, over Marchant any day.

Old
12-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'd take Comrie over Marchant, if for nothing other than his trade value, over Marchant any day.
Comrie is worth more than Marchant on trade value (with that retarded contract he got...don't get me started), but not on the ice. Marchant has him beat in every area other offense.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Marchant has him beat in every area other offense.

That's the one area we need!

We have a poor man's Marchant in Johnson. We don't have someone who can score!

Old
12-12-2003, 07:08 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I doubt it had any legitimacy to begin with. If anything, it looked good on paper but when Lowe started watching tapes of Arkhipov it went down hill.

I wouldn’t like Comrie on the Preds to begin with – it seems like he was a problem every where he’s been – and then he’s going to come from hockey hotbeds such as Michigan and Edmonton and be happy in Nashville?

If we’re going to get some scoring depth, it’ll be through the draft – the way Nashville has addressed it's needs in the past.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:10 PM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
There is a rumour that Comrie gave Lowe a list of teams that he would allow a trade to (honestly I think that is the Edm. media bsing). Also, there was a deal in place for him to go to Anaheim for Perry and Anaheims 1st rounder, but Lowe pulled out and said he would only do the deal if Comrie paid the Oilers 2.5 million dollars. So yeah......the deal has not been made yet. Anaheim reportedly refused to pay the money to begin with, and the deal was then set, but before Lowe agreed to the deal he called Comrie up and issued his demands. Call it extortion or if you are an Edmonton fan call it brilliant (). Surely we could give a better offer than Anaheim!!!! Also, the deal he had worked out with Anaheim was for a 2 year deal at 1.65 mil per. IMO, that is incredibly affordable......of course, I would like to hear the bonuses on that.
On NHL2Night they said that it would baiscally be Comrie restructuring his contract/bonuses and giving up his signing bonus to get the money that Lowe requested. That way it could be spent on an NHL ready free agent center as the deal would be bringing in something like 2 top junior players and a draft pick (or something close like that).

Old
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
On NHL2Night they said that it would baiscally be Comrie restructuring his contract/bonuses and giving up his signing bonus to get the money that Lowe requested. That way it could be spent on an NHL ready free agent center as the deal would be bringing in something like 2 top junior players and a draft pick (or something close like that).
Think about it, though. Comrie fulfilled his contract with the Oilers. He earned his money, fairly. He reached his bonsuses, and no one forced Lowe to give him that contract.

Old
12-15-2003, 12:36 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Think about it, though. Comrie fulfilled his contract with the Oilers. He earned his money, fairly. He reached his bonsuses, and no one forced Lowe to give him that contract.
I think it's certainly odd for Lowe to ask that of Comrie... BUT Comrie did force him to give him that contract. He would have been UFA if they didn't sign him. He demanded that kind of contract or said he would go UFA.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Chayos

Quote:

The money wasn't to get refunded from the original contract. Comrie offered to top off the Ana offer because lowe wasn't satisfied with it. Lowe said ok if Ana only offers perry and a 1st we also want 2.5 million to go get a roster player that ana won't include in the deal.

ao it breaks down to 1st, perry and roster player.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:34 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
The money wasn't to get refunded from the original contract. Comrie offered to top off the Ana offer because lowe wasn't satisfied with it. Lowe said ok if Ana only offers perry and a 1st we also want 2.5 million to go get a roster player that ana won't include in the deal.

ao it breaks down to 1st, perry and roster player.
Actually, the 2.5 million, according to Jim Kelley of ESPN.com, is to help sign Perry and the 1st rounder in 2004. 2.5 million is the rookie cap figure in 2003 plus the estimated rookie cap figure in 2004.

Closed Thread