HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Most annoying announcer??

Old
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
NY Ranger86

vCash: 500
i cant stand the flyers announcers. i'm stuck in PA for school and also stuck only watching the rangers when they play the flyers most bias announcer ive ever heard, every penalty isnt a penalty, and so on and so on. dont know the guys name for philly but horrible.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
i cant stand the flyers announcers. i'm stuck in PA for school and also stuck only watching the rangers when they play the flyers most bias announcer ive ever heard, every penalty isnt a penalty, and so on and so on. dont know the guys name for philly but horrible.
Yeah, I used to live in Central Jersey, those guys are bad. Dornhoffers the worst homer.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
caseygraves
Don Cherry apologist

vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew94 View Post
RJ is loved in Western NY, but I can understand why other fans don't like him. It's an odd thing b/c Sabres fans consider him the greatest announcer in general. It's just what we're used to. To be honest, I find all other U.S. announcers extremely boring. I like the Hockey Night in Canada announcers though for the most part. But RJ is loved. CD's of his most famous calls are purchased by many.
This is my first year with the Center Ice package... and as a Michiganian I think RJ is the greatest!... in fact I think the Sabres broadcasts on MSG are the second best production in the NHL behind Hockey Night in Canada...

Why not have fun with the call and exaggerate a little...

The Nashville announcers on FSN are complete idiots...

caseygraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
eco's bones

Well I don't care for all the cheerleading--especially when it's all game long. The way Jeanrette croons after a Sabre goal is way too much for me. It's as if some kind of wet dream has just come true. What is lost in all this self glorification is perspective on the game. How he announces might draw in some fans from Western NY but it ain't drawing this one in.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Jenneret by far, Im on that list. I remember having to watch a Rangers vs Sabres game up there earlier this year, it felt like my ears and mind were getting gangraped.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Jenneret by far, Im on that list. I remember having to watch a Rangers vs Sabres game up there earlier this year, it felt like my ears and mind were getting gangraped.

I think that Buffalo guy is fine....then again, if I dont like someone I just shutoff the sound, its that easy.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 04:56 PM
The Big Chill

Send a message via AIM to The Big Chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Gary Thorne is number one in my book.

The Colorado guy is awful. The Buffalo guy is awful. If you've never heard the radio PBP man for Tampa, well, do yourself a favor and don't.
Rick Jeanneret is ****ing amazing. He makes the game so much more fun to watch. You just don't like getting the Buffalo feed.

The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Muckalt

Chico deserves a mention for his "The Devils are dead dog tired, Doc" line last year.

Muckalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
ExiledRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairMan View Post
Rick Jeanneret is ****ing amazing. He makes the game so much more fun to watch. You just don't like getting the Buffalo feed.
Rick Jeanneret doesn't bother me much, but he's far from amazing. He can be very grating if you're not a Sabres fan. I've just gotten used to him since I grew up in Rochester.

ExiledRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
skymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Dave Mishkin, the Tampa guy. I can't stand him. How could anyone?

The guy on the morning show on the FAN 960 in Calgary, Mike Richards, hates Mishkin so much, and put together a compilation of some of his calls: http://www.fan960.com/audio/mike_richards_audio1.jsp (Under "Bits" - Mishkin Memories). One listen to that is enough to become a life-long hater.

Thats the funniest thing Ive heard in a looong time. How this guy has a job I don't know. And Im sure the call of Boyle's hat trick was against the Rangers this season.

"Its no goal, but the horn went off! Not so fast horn man! Wait for the red light to come on!"

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckler View Post
Chico deserves a mention for his "The Devils are dead dog tired, Doc" line last year.
Chico for basically anything he says.

03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
philbo

I like Chico, sure he's a bit of a homer, ( but they all are a little) but Chico is entertaining... at least to me that is. (what does this say about me..... don't answer that!)

Last edited by philbo: 03-27-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: bad typist can't sell uh that's SPELL
philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:58 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

chico resch

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
chico resch
I will never forget how he marveled at how beautifully Marty drank from his water bottle....

He is terrible, as is The Sabres announcer IMO... the Pens guy is bad too... I'm sorry, but the little comments like "ooo you anit nothing but a hound dog sydney crosby" and crap like that is not cool or memorable... its just plain stupid

I am glad that Sam Rosen doesnt do any of that crap.

Doc gets on my nerves... his little analogies don't bother me but his voice does.

Give me Sam, JD, Gary Thorn and Bill Clement any day of the week and twice on sunday

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:30 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekAndMax2661 View Post
was that guy even watching the same game? Sakic didn't beat up anybody...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
I will never forget how he marveled at how beautifully Marty drank from his water bottle....

He is terrible, as is The Sabres announcer IMO... the Pens guy is bad too... I'm sorry, but the little comments like "ooo you anit nothing but a hound dog sydney crosby" and crap like that is not cool or memorable... its just plain stupid

I am glad that Sam Rosen doesnt do any of that crap.

Doc gets on my nerves... his little analogies don't bother me but his voice does.

Give me Sam, JD, Gary Thorn and Bill Clement any day of the week and twice on sunday
id take Sam, JD, Joe Micheletti, John Giannone Bob Wischusen , Mike Emrick, Bill Clement, Darren Pang, Steve Levy over chico resch, Dave Strader, Melrose, Mike Crispino, Stan Fischler, Deb Kaufman. Resch has a thing for Marty every game. Strader I just cant stand. Mike Crispino is periods behind the play. And he dont know anything about Hockey. Fischler is a moron and very old and clueless. i get scared that he mighy die on the air. Kaufman is annoying.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
chico resch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74ltfnN-A4

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:18 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
yes - the buffalo guys is just so freaking annoying. His goal calls annoy me like the Mike Foligno goal dance. It is so contrived...but his voice is bad too. I don't mind the homerism, that makes some sense.

Chico Resch can get on my nerves as well. His commentary often leaves me less smart...His Brodeur praise is hard for me as well. I don't know how many times he praised a save by Brodeur only to see on replay that the puck didn't touch Brodeur and the defensemen stopped it. "doc doc doc doc doc"

I turn the volume down for both of those guys.

good thread...i was wondering what people thought of that RJ guy...i am surprised there aren't more Buffalo fans just completely hating this guy...oh well.

AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Absolutely Chico. Annoying voice, silly comments and a really bad "doo".

Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
MayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne View Post
i am surprised there aren't more Buffalo fans just completely hating this guy...oh well.
Why do you find that surprising? 99.9% of Sabres fans love RJ and think he's the greatest. He has CDs and DVDs compilations of his greatest calls that sell like hotcakes.

He's so popular that the team is even rolling out an "RJ Collectibles" line of merch.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...9/daily24.html

It's a matter of perspective and acquired taste. If you grew up as a Sabres fan listening to RJ (as many have over his 35 years of broadcasting), you'd love him too, believe it or not.

Edit: I'm not trying to convince you that he's better or say that your wrong or try to change your mind. I'm just saying it's a matter of perspective. I understand your perspective that you find him annoying. But try to understand that from a Sabre fan's perspective, RJ is a legend and much beloved. And you'll never persuade them otherwise.

Last edited by MayDay: 04-01-2007 at 03:30 PM.
MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM
beezer345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Why do you find that surprising? 99.9% of Sabres fans love RJ and think he's the greatest. He has CDs and DVDs compilations of his greatest calls that sell like hotcakes.

He's so popular that the team is even rolling out an "RJ Collectibles" line of merch.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...9/daily24.html

It's a matter of perspective and acquired taste. If you grew up as a Sabres fan listening to RJ (as many have over his 35 years of broadcasting), you'd love him too, believe it or not.

Edit: I'm not trying to convince you that he's better or say that your wrong or try to change your mind. I'm just saying it's a matter of perspective. I understand your perspective that you find him annoying. But try to understand that from a Sabre fan's perspective, RJ is a legend and much beloved. And you'll never persuade them otherwise.
i find him to be enjoyable to watch personally. yes he is a homer but i think most of the play by play guys are the same (to varying degrees, of course). i personally can't stand michelletti.

beezer345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter View Post
Wow seriously, that goalcall is like 50 times worse than RJs and up to 5 minutes ago, I didnt think anyone could come close to his. Thanx you for that. It amazes me what people get paid to do
That is classic "Not so fast horn man, wait for the light to go on" That guy sounds like a 1920s car horn

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
John Torturella

After hearing these clowns, it shows us how lucky we are to have Sam Rosen do our play by play. By the way Bob Witchusin is probably my favorite anouncer of all time. It is awsome when he does Rangers games. He is great

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekAndMax2661 View Post
That first link was priceless. I was laughing for 5 minutes

Edit: Just listened to the second one. that was awful too. That guy is awful

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote