HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jon Quick

Old
03-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Jon Quick

He's been carrying the UMass team most of the year, but has really turned it on lately. He had a 33 save, 1-0 shutout and helped UMass upset Clarkson tonight. My question is, has anyone seen him play in a game? He was pretty impressive at the Kings' prospect camp last summer but I'd like to get a few more opinions if possible.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 02:07 PM
RightKinger

b.u.m.p

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Mackee

I don't know anything about him other than the fact that he has an awesome name.

Hey don't the Kings have T.J. Fast as well? That's freakin' amazing!

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
VINMONTY

I have seen him play at Avon (Prep) and a few times in college. Here is a quick scouting report I had on him:

Mr. Everything for this team and every win seems to be on the shoulders of a Jon Quick performance .. his win-loss (8-6-1) record may not be an eye-opener, but his GAA of 2.09 and save percentage of .933 is top three in Hockey East .. ultimately, he gives a low scoring UMass team a chance to win every game .. has tremendous post-to-post quickness, but does need to control how far he slides as sometimes he slides a little too far .. challenges all shooters and covers all rebounds .. has tremendous flexibility and can handle the puck well .. the first goal was deflected, but the second goal he would probably wish to have back .. a top prospect and potentially could spend another year in college before making the jump to the pro level.

Hope this is okay!

VINMONTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
The thing that I like about him is that he reads the play well. He can follow the play better than some other of the high save percentage goalies in the NCAA, and that's extremely important. While I don't think he'll ever be an NHL starter, he certainly wouldn't make a bad back-up. He can be VERY clutch at times.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote